+++ ForcedInduction's Video Thread +++ Welcome to AWD Drift Video GALORE

Well, I guess the only option at this point is to encode this thing with Windows Media Encoder.

The negative side to this is that I don't have the drift clips and vegas file anymore to encode a brand new one.

Would encoding the Xvid version I have now to WMV kill the quality?
Mike, help me out on encoding this!

-F.i.

ForcedInduction
Well, I guess the only option at this point is to encode this thing with Windows Media Encoder.

The negative side to this is that I don't have the drift clips and vegas file anymore to encode a brand new one.

Would encoding the Xvid version I have now to WMV kill the quality?
Mike, help me out on encoding this!

-F.i.

I think you can only try it and see. I recently rerendered some xvid files of mine as wmv - I rendered them at 90% quality and the loss was minimal, ....10% i suppose.
In my case, my bitrate remained roughly the same - but results will vary based on your initial compression, and recompression settings.

But first, I hope you are able to get vegas to open your xvid video stream. When I was doing this it refused to recognize my file as a valid video format. Luckily, Virtualdub was able to open it. So I had to re-render first as a huge huffyuv .avi with VD, and then take that file into vegas to render it as .wmv

Good luck!

Ok. Unfortunately, I did not recover my Vegas project files so I've converted that Xvid file into a WMV.

The quality loss is bearable.
It is uploaded via yousendit.com temporarily because it is an 80mb file.

Check the first post for the goods!

hey, there it is!
worked!

Good stuff FI - the editting was quite well done, imo. Innovative intro, the clips were presented in a clean fashion and the transitions aren't likely to cause anyone to have a seizure (a good thing). And, of course, I'm always happy to see my name pop up in the credits of someone elses vid :sly:

A few notes:
I felt the angle was missing from some of the drifts shown near the beginning of the video. Then again, I don't have a firm handle on how difficult it is to drift AWD, b/c I've only had successful crack at doing so. What is possible with that drivetrain is still largely unknown to me. It did seem like the angle gradually picked up as the video progressed.

Is there anything significant about the fact that all the cars are white for this video? I found that kind of interesting after AWD Project Black.

oh, and here's a new link, if you want:
www.bgj.ca/gtp/ForcedInduction- AWD Resurrection.wmv
Don't be concerened with the size of the file - I have plenty of space and bandwidth left to host it.

Boundary Layer
hey, there it is!
worked!

Good stuff FI - the editting was quite well done, imo. Innovative intro, the clips were presented in a clean fashion and the transitions aren't likely to cause anyone to have a seizure (a good thing). And, of course, I'm always happy to see my name pop up in the credits of someone elses vid :sly:

A few notes:
I felt the angle was missing from some of the drifts shown near the beginning of the video. Then again, I don't have a firm handle on how difficult it is to drift AWD, b/c I've only had successful crack at doing so. What is possible with that drivetrain is still largely unknown to me. It did seem like the angle gradually picked up as the video progressed.

Is there anything significant about the fact that all the cars are white for this video? I found that kind of interesting after AWD Project Black.

oh, and here's a new link, if you want:
www.bgj.ca/gtp/ForcedInduction- AWD Resurrection.wmv
Don't be concerened with the size of the file - I have plenty of space and bandwidth left to host it.

BL, thanks alot for the hosting!

I've noticed that in GT4, AWD cars cannot produce alot of angle compared to GT3. When I try to push the angles, the car seems to a stop. I guess it's also because I hardly use countersteer.

And about the white cars...
I really don't have a particular reason for those. It's just that when I do my car shopping, I pick the colors that look the best. I guess all the cars looked great in white :sly:

Glad you liked it!

just watched both videos..awesome drifting in both!

good choice of music in project black, i was gonna use that a7x song in my first vid as well 👍

I watched AWD resurrection. Being a mostly AWD drifter myself I can really appreciate this vid. You hit pretty much all of the sweet multi apex drifts. Awesome vid. 👍 👍

Hey bud, just watched resurrection. Good stuff!

Lots of white cars...but I understand the symbolism. :sly:

I just watched "Resurrection" again... I forgot how good it was...

When can we expect another vid from you, bud?...

I'm keeping my eye on you, and so is my team...

;)

Delphic Reason
I just watched "Resurrection" again... I forgot how good it was...

When can we expect another vid from you, bud?...

I'm keeping my eye on you, and so is my team...

;)

Hey DR! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I'm shooting for a new vid releasing around spring break. Hopefully it will turn out that way with no delays.

And as usual, it will be another installment of AWD drifting :)

ForcedInduction
Hey DR! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I'm shooting for a new vid releasing around spring break. Hopefully it will turn out that way with no delays.

And as usual, it will be another installment of AWD drifting :)

Good to hear...

So you're drifting quite a bit these days?... Have you ever thought of teaching others how to drift AWD's?...

Sorry about all the questions... Just bear with me... You'll see why soon enough...

;)

Delphic Reason
Good to hear...

So you're drifting quite a bit these days?... Have you ever thought of teaching others how to drift AWD's?...

Sorry about all the questions... Just bear with me... You'll see why soon enough...

;)

Not as much as I did back when GT4 came out because of school work and such. I find the time in fridays and weekends though.

I'd be glad to teach others how to drift AWD. Maybe put together a guide or something like that. But that would be definitely time consumming and is probably something that needs time to fully develop. I'm all for it though.

ForcedInduction
New video added. Check first post.

Link is broken... Fix soon... Please... Seriously...

I was all excited to see some more FI in action, but alas I was confronted with an error screen...

;)

well well well F.I your doing well, mike le chat (i think) and D.R? looks like you got the good guys commenting, your AWD ressurection inspired me to join the drifting scene (i have vegas but cant use it :) its confusing) so, i tried AWD and i think other than MR its the best! i cant stand heavy or very light FR cars they snap too easy.swing by my thread and comment if you could some time? it would be greatly appreciated.

regards

niallz06

I forgot to comment on resurrection video for some reason, I enjoyed it quite alot, Performing some fantastic links with your beloved AWD drive train!, I could never grab a hold of how to drift an AWD, and began to think it was on the realms of impossibility. You've restored my faith 👍, Great Vid. With great editing, and even better drifting!

Back