10,000 B-Spec Club

• Thread starter Ben_jamin
  • 61 comments
đź’ˇ​

Sitting there watching my b-spec Bob kick some AI butt in one of the FGT races is when it struck me.

A 10,000 B-Spec pts. Club! :dunce:

A quick search, then an advanced search revealed that no such club was in existance yet (surely this isn't because I'm the only one to achieve this so far).

I've read a lot of posts from people who trash Bob... well I happen to think he's awesome and hopefully others do too. My goal here is to start a club for people who appreciate Bob as much as I do, so this isn't the place to trash talk him. But if Bob is your friend, feel free to leave a praise about him here. If you are interested in joining, please note your desire and any opinions you have. All comments are welcome.

I haven't figured out yet if membership will require a screenshot or/and if we can take people's (or at least some people's) word. All input on this will be considered.

So here it is, the 10,000 B-Spec Club :cheers:

________________________________ Current Member List ________________________________​

1. ANK
2) Ben_jamin
3) Sportwagon
4) TigJackson

I was training up B-Spec Bob for a while, but I only got to about 8,200 before I stopped. He really, really helps with the enduro races, but he is pretty useless when it comes to the sprint races… :indiff:

I've found that with Bob, getting your car tuned correctly is the key to victory.

I wanted 2 Saubers (one to tear up and one to keep at 0 miles) so I figured I'd let ole Bob win another one for me. It took about 20 minutes of tweaking, in the beginning and throughout the championship, on the suspension and transmission before I hit the sweet spot... then Bob totally stomped everyone, it was amazing.

Same thing with getting a bently from the 24 hour Sarthe, it took me a half hour of adjusting on my Minolta before Bob was pitting at the right time on his own (not that dreaded last minute pitting, a lap early), the car still had good acceleration and good top speed, and he was still able to keep it on the track the whole lap at a pace of 3 (R5 tires), while still gaining good distance from the Minolta in 2nd. A couple hundred laps in, having run out of gas once (which resulted in 2 min extra on lap), and having been to pit 6 more times than 2nd place, Bob had still lapped the 2nd place Minolta 3 times!

Have faith in Bob, its not always his fault. :cool:

P.s. I will post both the settings of the FGT and the Minolta that Bob drove and totally kicked butt in soon.

Maybe 10 000 B-Spec points represent the best the AI can do in GT4.

That's how I see it. Plus not everyone wants to race for 24 hours, yet a lot of people would like to get 100%, just to see what happens, at the very least. You know, tough races can be overcome easily by using too good of a car for a given race, but there's no way around the enduros.

In the end nobody tortures you to B-Spec any races, so I honnestly see no reason to trash that feature.

As for me, I'll never use Photo mode, so I actually forget that it's even there. B-Spec should be the same to whoever doesn't want to use it.

I'll work my way to 10 000 points eventually, and I'll log my progress (its) so I can do it again in the future. I don't know when though, there's so many ways to play this game !

Getting to 10k B-Spec is a right pain, especially when it comes to getting the final 3000 points. 58 tracks * 4 cars = ARGH!!!!

I'm persevering, though, and I now have 9722 (100/97/96) B-Spec points. Hopefully I'll be able to get to 10k soon.

10,000 is a big ask, I certainly won't be able to join just yet but I do use ol' Bob for a lot of things.

blue_sharky39
I'm persevering, though, and I now have 9722 (100/97/96) B-Spec points. Hopefully I'll be able to get to 10k soon.

Awesome! :cheers: Good Luck!

But from the looks of this thread so far, yours and mine might be the only 2 names on the list :lol: :lol:
Nah, I'm sure there are others out there, its just a matter of them stumbling across this thread, plus hopefully this thread will inspire more people to go for those last couple points they're missing. With time I believe the member list will become quite impressive, although 10,000 B-Spec is quite an achievement, as I said before attempting a clean lap on M34 NTSC took more time and definatly involved more frustration.

When I started seriously beefing Bob up, I was just at the 7000 mark. Getting that last 3000 can get boring, but racing every track in the 4 different cars took much less time than beating M34 (NTSC) did.

One thing that really helped break up the monotony for me was filling up my garage. I got myself about a dozen million before I started, then with the used car cycle in hand, I would buy the used cars I wanted in between the races. Then when I started feeling especially bored, I would go spend a couple million on a really nice car (lots of great cars in tuner village) to lift my spirits.

- If you calculate the time it takes to follow the guide for obtaining the last 3000 points (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showth...=10000+b spec) you figure 58 tracks at 2 laps apiece... if you put about 1:30 as the average lap then you figure 3 minutes per race and 1 minute of menu time. 4 minutes per race X 4 races per track X 54 tracks = 14.4 hours. But when I did mine, if I wasn't perfectly pleased with the entire race, meaning not passing a car for 12 seconds and not finish more than +3 sec, I did the race over.
So I would say that anyone who would put around 20 hours into training Bob could guarantee themselves 10,000 B-Spec pts (not to mention what I call "Super-Bob".)

Ben_jamin
P.s. I will post the setting of the FGT and the Minolta..
When I stated earlier that I had spent so much time tuning, let me add that I had had both of these cars to my personal likings and the end result of my tweakings ended up being a lot closer to default than to my previous settings.

They both don't need much changing from default, it was just a matter of getting the ride set properly so Bob didn't fly off the track... weird. And getting the transmission settings right on the FGT for a couple for championship races. One thing with the Minolta if you are doing a Sarthe endurance the settings below are perfect because the tires wear right when he is about to run out of gas, however if you are doing a regular race you can adjust the toe angle to help make the tire wear a little more even, I didn't bother. And with the FGT the main thing was putting the rear toe angle at 0... at first I was very stubborn about doing this but after numerous attempts at a specific race I tried it and Bob kicked butt and he also quit doing that last minute pit (one lap early) that can screw up the whole race. Also at times if I was losing I would drop the transmission down to 14, this worked some of the time but some courses have too long a straight away and need the tranmission at default, some even at 17, ended up used 14 in most of the F1 championship but default everywhere else.

This is what I came up with in the end:

FGT
bring the ride height up to - 48 / 48
lower the shock bound to - 6 / 6
and remove the toe angle - default / 0
adjust the transmission from 14, 16, or 17 as needed.

Minolta
lower the ride height to - 61 / 61
lower the shock bound to - 6 / 6
adjust the transmision from 14 or 17 as needed

*I usually put TSC at 7 if the car has 900 Hp or more, though sometimes I don't...

P.s. I know this post is off the topic of the thread, but my hopes with this is that it might encourage some people to give Bob a second chance, possibly even go for 10,000 B-Spec.

Ben_jamin
đź’ˇ
I haven't figured out yet if membership will require a screenshot or/and if we can take people's (or at least some people's) word. All input on this will be considered.
So here it is, the 10,000 B-Spec Club :cheers:
________________________________ Current Member List ________________________________​
1. Ben_jamin
2) ANK
Please review the data shown in the link provided and see if I can also qualify for your list: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1885952&postcount=141

Nice stat screen TigJackson! I'm jealous of your 100,000 a-spec.

Did you get that impressive win ratio by being that damn good or with the help of the good ole reset button?

Ben_jamin
Did you get that impressive win ratio by being that damn good or with the help of the good ole reset button?

This could qualify as retorical question...

BTW, Congrats TigJackson... you have steel nervs...

Ben_jamin
Awesome! :cheers: Good Luck!

I have all tracks written down in a table with four columns (1 column for each car, for last 3000 points)... when I complete a race I tick off the track for the corresponding car.

I just hope that once all events are ticked, I have 10k.... otherwise, well, you can picture it. :nervous:

*crosses fingers*

[QUOTE="Blue_sharky39]I have all tracks written down in a table with four columns (1 column for each car, for last 3000 points)... when I complete a race I tick off the track for the corresponding car.[/QUOTE]
I took a similiar approach but I kept track of each of the skills, as well as the closest end split. I also used a star rating system for each track/car combination, a * if I felt that I couldn't get anymore points, a ** if I felt that there might be a point there, and the couple ***'s were the ones I would have redone first. And I did most of the races 2 or 3 times with each car, some as many as 5 times (which I also kept track of)... I wanted to be sure when I was done that I wouldn't end up having to go back through all the tracks and cars again :scared: but in the end I probably spent as much time doing all that I did as someone who went through ALL the tracks/cars twice would have. It was better that way, for me, than having to "redo" something I've already done.
When it came down to it, my little chart was pretty worthless though because I had no idea how many points I should have gotten from each course so what I ended up with was a bunch of numbers on a piece of paper that pretty much meant nothing. I'm so glad that I took the extra time to do each race a couple of times because my chart wouldn't have done a lick of good if I had been missing a point :lol:.
... It wasn't completely without benefit though, making the chart did help with the boredom.

I'm not far off 10,000 b-spec points i have about 8900 (or somewhere near that), so i hope i will be joining the club soon, i use B-Spec BoB for alot of my races as well, i have used him since early in the game.

I did, August 13, 2005.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1837829&postcount=156

photobucket (expired account?)
img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/SportWagon/GT4/Bspec10000Ssm.jpg

That pseudo-URL should allow me to upload or link to a replacement image sometime

Many thanks to Orion_SR, although the reference TigJackson found would likely have been sufficient, too.

No way I'd have figured it out on my own, though.

See also B-spec Point Maximizing Quick-Reference Links
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69405
findable in More GT4 FAQ's
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70347.

(mentioned previously, but review never hurts; the fact I've given the thread titles might help, too...)

Orion_SR definitely belongs in the club too.

Last edited:
Awesome! đź‘Ť

I agree that without some sort of guide, the task is pretty much impossible. Or you'd have to spend 100 hours experimenting, but I don't buy games so I can spend weeks researching the programming behind it.

So MAD PROPS to Tig_jackson and OrionSR. :cheers:

... I can't believe that only 4 people have their b-spec maxed. Where is everyone else?!

There are a few others, including Orion_SR over in https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61033

I see one of them was ANK, though.

As for Orion_SR, a search suggests he's hard at work on San Andreas now.

Both Orion_SR and TigJackson would (I'm sure) give a lot of credit to the Japanese author who somehow did the actual process-of-elimination experimentation. (And credit also to www.babelfish.com, I think it was, for translating; not sure they do free translations [anymore?], though. Ah, try http://world.altavista.com/...).

Actually http://www.babelfish.org is a directory of free translators, and http://www.babelfish.net looks under construction, or, more likely, broken.

And Orion_SR did take the B-spec ball and run with it, adding to the Japanese work lots of his own research.

I thought I might do more B-spec investigation, but decided my A-spec really needed more work. I will be preparing to A-spec qualify and B-spec race the Formula Championship soon. Then probably I'll do license upgrading. Then there'll be Missions and Special Conditions to try to finish up. (Hoping the license upgrading will help with that). There's so much to do without losing myself in B-spec.

Can I join the club? I have comprehensive skill 10000 for 2 different games, but I don't have any screenshots.

If you are willing to take my word for it, I can vouch for many of the people reporting 10000 points in the main B-spec discussion thread. Most of them have moved on and are unlikely to provide screenshots. I still watch that thread for activity if anyone has questions about B-spec.

I am currently coaching a couple of people working for B-spec 10000 on the GameFAQs board. One poor soul is stuck at 9998/100/99/100. Another player intends to take another whack at resolving the +14s.

BTW, the original Japanese translations were from itazura_da from GameSpot. A real person translating really helped a lot. I would really like to have certain parts of the updated website of the JP author translated. (Like the super private arbitrary decision and prejudice page). Software translations give hints to better strategies, but I can't figure it out. The Monkey Tosser Kit gets you every time.

Also, I hope you like the GTA: San Andreas Record Book - PC thread. It looks dead now, but it does get updated occasionally. I'll be adding more video links shortly.

LOL, a 10,000 B-Spec Club, lmao..

What a crap club, its so easy to get 10,000. Its no big deal, I am over 40% through the game and I am yet to use B-Spec, and only brought 1 car, cause I had to, a truck..

LMAO, B-Spec Club.. LMAO, go play the game instead of being lazy.

Who's really being lazy? The one sitting in front of his tv for 24 hours, or the one working/playing sports/etc. ? Not everyone has the time or will to spend 24 hours on a race (3, actually).

Anyway, I have not 10 000 B-spec points, I'm probably at 90xx and I don't need him anymore since I finished the game.

I only use him for occasional DTM race when I'm low on cash

gt_masta
Who's really being lazy? The one sitting in front of his tv for 24 hours, or the one working/playing sports/etc. ? Not everyone has the time or will to spend 24 hours on a race (3, actually).

Anyway, I have not 10 000 B-spec points, I'm probably at 90xx and I don't need him anymore since I finished the game.

I only use him for occasional DTM race when I'm low on cash

I play heaps of sport such as Golf, Soccer, Footy and I go for walks all the time.

Why do you think its taken me 3-4 months to finish 40%?

eastley
LOL, a 10,000 B-Spec Club, lmao..

What a crap club, its so easy to get 10,000. Its no big deal, I am over 40% through the game and I am yet to use B-Spec, and only brought 1 car, cause I had to, a truck..

LMAO, B-Spec Club.. LMAO, go play the game instead of being lazy.

If you don't like it, don't post.

Honestly, I think that getting 10k B-spec points is a great way to further your completion of the game... it's not "easy" to do, and it is quite an accomplishment.

Don't knock it till you've tried it, either.

To all who have finished w/ 10k points... great job :)

Back