Not open for further replies.
BenSpecialized
pointsbanner9au4ed.jpg

WEEK 41

BIG ANGLES

Requirements chosen by :: Coolgeekz

Car Type:: Any

Track:: Any

Theme - (If Given):: Big Angles - Capture an image of the biggest angle you can just dont spin it!!

This is a drift photo competition. Your car must be drifting!

The DPC Entry will be posted up every Monday and the poll from the previous week on that same week Wednesday. The poll will last 7 days and will be closed on a Wednesday as well. Once a DPC King/Queen has been chosen you have 14 days to PM Specialized with your requirements. In the event that you do not PM them to me, a notice will be posted on the new DPC entry and the first choice get's used. Once the entry is closed, you have 2 Days to pm Specialized your Top 15. Thereafter I will post up the pole.

At the end of the photo entry, the DPC King/Queen will choose his/her 15 favorite photos to be entered into the poll. The person who wins the poll will then get to choose the car and track restrictions for next week, and then choose their favorite photos at the end of entry.

IMAGESHACK THUMBNAILS ONLY!!
HOW TO POST YOUR IMAGESHACK THUMBNAIL - Courtesy of VIPERGTSR01

NO EDITED IMAGES AT ALL - Please upload an UNTOUCHED image straight from your memory stick

PHOTOS MUST BE TAKEN FROM GT4

PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES ABOVE OR YOUR PHOTO MAY NOT BE ENTERED IN THE CONTEST!!

IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR ENTRY, PLEASE EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST!

Here are some fine example of how entries should be posted. No more than Two "honorable mentions" or One 400px x 300px size "Preview" image please (EXAMPLES BELOW). The rest can be shown off in the Drift Photos Thread

FINAL ENTRY

HONORABLE MENTIONS

OR

PREVIEW

If you ever have suggestions about the contest, please PM them to Specialized

I don't want to use my black viper for the third week in a row, but here are my honorable mentions from last week:

Possible replacement coming soon...

Just a small plug here for another competition going on around here. Its called the Drift Photo Competition. Its similar to this competiton but you will going head to head against other GTP members in a tournament to find out who's the best

If your interested check out this thread

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76317

PLEASE DO NOT!! post about the tournament in this thread, any questions, post in the tournament thread or send me a PM and i will be happy to help you out.

Thers only 32 places available too so you got to be quick!

Thanks

Spec....

Love that RS200 pic Joseph, you can barely tell which direction you were going. :P

Took out an old favorite for this week, the Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi. I originally chose it for the humor value of seeing such a massive vehicle pull some equally massive drifts, but it ended up being pretty good for pulling off some wild angles. Didn't even need the handbrake, just put 'er in N3's, set a 25/75 power split and burnt some rubber! :D

FINAL ENTRY

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Still too dark, think I'm gonna have to adjust my TV brightness next week...

Hiroke
FINAL ENTRY

PREVIEW
img0004prev7xa.jpg

No offence but thats photoshop blur....you made a layer on top of the original, and then erased that layer in the sections you dont want the blur, wich is the area of the car but you wanted to make it realistic so you didn't use 100% opacity...so you only erased the blur for some part and thats why the picture looks so...blurred and vague.

I'm like 75% sure...

Edit: No it's a bit dangerous to judge that way. It's 50/50 in my eyes. So there's an even chance of you not having used photoshop....

Ok, Hirokes been doing these comps for a while now and has produced some stunning shots! I can understand why you would think that but i checked the properties of his shot and it doesnt mention that the photoshop was used like it would had he used it. Now i will take this matter up with Hiroke myself but for now they guys innocent. Id appreciate it if this matter was now left to me to sort out and no more was said.

Thanks

Spec....

You guys are getting some SICK angle. I'd like to see the outcome of some of these drifts. :sly:

Delphic Reason
You mean, the resulting spin out?...

;)

Exactly! Except maybe for some of the AWD's.

Delphic Reason
You mean, the resulting spin out?...

;)

Exactly what I was thinking. Many look like they have been thrown in viciously for the photo, especially as someare in using difficult to drift cars. I will try and make mine authentic.

Final Entry

HM

And for all the critics here is a small vid of that drift. Ok so it wasnt exactly tidy at the end but i didnt spin! Also its not the best quality as i had to record it on my digital camera

Click here to watch Big-Angle-Drift

I think i should mention that people are taking this "dont spin it" to seriously, its pretty much just a tag line. If the photos above did stop or did indeed spin then so what? Its just a photo competition and not the end of the world if any of the participants did actually spin after the photo was taken. Its just a bit of fun so i suggest you just enjoy it.

Spec....

ummm... must the car be in a curve?

I mean, can I put a pic of the car drifting in a straight line?

Diego440
ummm... must the car be in a curve?

I mean, can I put a pic of the car drifting in a straight line?

@ Diego440 - Your car can be where ever you wish, as long as its drifting and it has a big angle then its all good.:)

@ the people who questioned Hirokes photo -I have received the original copy of his photo and as far as i can tell there has been no tinkering with his photo at all so as far as im concerned his photo is allowed and thats the end of that!

@G-T-4-Fan - are you actually going to enter a photo or just criticise everybody elses efforts or accuse them of cheating? By all means enter a photo and show us all how its done but if your not going to bring something to the party then can you stop the slating.

Thanks Spec

^^ Majority, probably. But mine will not be an AWD, I will go with something else (not an FF though, even though I can get as much angle with an FF as an AWD. Unfortunatly no one likes FF cars drifting though, so no votes.)

well, how about a RR car? Ah well, it's not great, but the point is to have fun, right?

A.I.-induced drifting

HMs

damn, that second one is dark! but click it, it's a nice drift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back