Status
Not open for further replies.
BenSpecialized

Drift Photo Tournament - Week 1

Requirements chosen by :: Specialized

Car Type:: British Cars

Track:: Any Track

Theme - (If Given):: Best Of British

EXTRA NOTE - a bonus 2 points will be awarded to each person who manages to get a British Flag into the shot without editing. 2 points may not sound much but the tournament is quite competetitive and judging by previous tournaments 2 points is enough to take you from last to first!

This is a drift photo competition. Your car must be drifting!

RULES & ITINERY

This will be a knockout tournament and will be judged by (in alphabetical order :sly: ) DRIFTIN, Greycap, Specialized and Swift

Each Round will last 1 week.

Drifters will enter the competition by posting in the entry thread.

We’ll then randomly pick pairs of drifters to go head to head.

We’ll then post up the requirements.

Should an entrant fail to produce a photo, the other entrant will advance through default.

We’ll then judge you on Angle, Speed, Smoke and overall look of the shot, with the theme being the main factor.

If a tie occurs Specialized will cast the deciding vote

The winner will advance to the next round.

Each new round will hold a different set of requirements.

The finals will be decided on a best of 3 photos basis

At the end of the Tourney and DPT King/Queen will be crowned and you will hold that title till the next DPT King/Queen is crowned. The DPT King/Queen can enter again to defend their crown if they like.

As judges, we will not be entering this tournament.

Requirements will be posted on each Thurdsay.

Photos must be in on the Tuesday

Results SHOULD be posted on each Wednesday

Judging will based on

10 points for Angle
10 points for Creativity
10 points for Smoke
10 points for Overall Look of the shot

IMAGESHACK THUMBNAILS ONLY!!
HOW TO POST YOUR IMAGESHACK THUMBNAIL - Courtesy of VIPERGTSR01

NO EDITED IMAGES AT ALL - Please upload an UNTOUCHED image straight from your memory stick

PHOTOS MUST BE TAKEN FROM GT4

PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES ABOVE OR YOUR PHOTO MAY NOT BE ENTERED IN THE CONTEST!!

IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR ENTRY, PLEASE EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST!

Here are some fine example of how entries should be posted. One 400px x 300px size "Preview" image please if you wish (EXAMPLES BELOW). The rest can be shown off in the Drift Photos Thread

FINAL ENTRY

PREVIEW

If you ever have suggestions about the contest, please PM them to Specialized

Right, here we go. Below is the list of who is against who.

hippyneil - brain scran
fireemblem62 - VR6GTI72
AngleProvidence - vectradriver
matt_mph - coolgeekz
Fairlady240zg - Vonie
Boomboy - I2ev
identti - Electric.......
gt_masta - joseph2435
OneMoreTime - Dnlson
GREENIE - BrykeSpike0086
LGforce - euronus
monteclaro - MKthreeGTi
Thatman - a112 abarth
FC3S-D - Korncholio
TrinityJayOne - Nomuken
Diego440 - CM

Good luck to everybody

Thanks

Spec....

Any problem if there's more than one car in the pic? Or should I PM questions?

It's kind fo weird that I'm up against someone whose only prior post was the submition to the tournament. :guilty:

Just a quick question:
Is it OK if there is a British flag in the picture, but you can't really see it because of the blur?

Also, about the smoke, is it the more the better ( Longer trail? )?

FireEmblem62
OH god, I am being put up against one of my buddys! Good Luck VR6!

You too!....I already have a car to use....I actually was setting it up for drifting this weekend.:)

Final

Preveiw

jagpreveiw9jz.jpg

I guess i will be the first to post my picture.

How many times are we allowed to change our picture? because i remember there was an issue about this in the last tournament.

boomboy
How many times are we allowed to change our picture? because i remember there was an issue about this in the last tournament.

In Specs definition (first post) it states "IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR ENTRY, PLEASE EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST!" so I presume you can change your entry as many times as you wish and what's there on the day the competition closes will be taken as your final entry.

Right -

@gt_masta -

British flag - as long as all the judges can clearly see that it is a British flag then there is no problem. How blurred it is is up to you. Take a look at the shots and if you can tell its a british flag then i dont think we will have problems.

Smoke trails - Bigger doesnt mean better, and longer doest mean better either, Smoke is about how you use it to "set your photo off" obviously if you have a tiny car with a mile longe smoke trail then you wont reap any benifits. There has to be smoke in the photo, as the car is drifitng this is pretty much a definate anyway, but its up to you how you use it. i think i speak for us all when i say try to keep the amount of shots down where it is just a big long trail.

@ Diego440 - You can have 1 to 6 cars on the track as long as yours id drifting (anymore and i will know you been working your photoshop magic)

@Boomboy - yep there were a number of issues with the last tournament but then it was the first and i had been thrown in at the deep end with all these Drift Competitions and Tournaments going on. There are no limits to how many times you can change your photo but i think were all sensible here and were not going to be changing the shots every 20 mins. I have kept the option as unlimited due to the fact that we might get some heated photo battles going on where people post their shots and the opponent comes back with a better and so on.

Anymore questions then please just ask. Im not the only one who knows the rules, to be fair the guys who entered the previous tournament know them just as much as me because they were the people who helped make them up and then streamline them

Hopefully the comp will continue to run as smoothly as it has.

Spec....

Oh i forgot to mention that i wont be about later today or the weekend to answer questions or anything as im going up north to see a couple of friends at uni! I will be back sunday evening though to check how things have progressed.

@ BoomBoy

Your driver is a bit special. i jsut noticed that he isnt even looking where hes drifting! Must be the stig or something

Here's my special double flag bonus entry ;)

And I reckon boomboy's driver is a bit of a poser and is seeing how cool he looks in the mirror ;)

Would it be safe to assume deadline is 11:59pm (GMT) on Tuesday?

Alright, here's the

Final Entry

Preview

I'll post a Final Entry right now because I'll have a lot of work to do during the weekend and I might forget.

Edited pic, just for fun... My Preview
vanquishpprev0ls.jpg

Final Entry...

Diego440
Until I can find the time and patience to get a better pic, this'll be my...

Final Entry

Or maybe I'll leave it... still undecided
How the...isn't the corner leading up to that straight a left-hander?!

Specialized
@ BoomBoy

Your driver is a bit special. i jsut noticed that he isnt even looking where hes drifting! Must be the stig or something

Yeah I think he is the stig. I don’t know why it did that, the only reason I can think of is that I was going the wrong way around the track. I will have to do some investigating about this.

Oh, i almost forgot i have change my final entry, I think this one is a bit more creative. Click HERE to veiw it.

ForcedInduction
HAHA seriously man. Is that a high angled chokudori? :lol:

really looks more like he clipped the right rear while going over the crest at the exit of the previous corner, and it spun him around as shown. That's my theory anyways.

gt_masta, that's a helluva sexy shot

I'm still relatively new to drifting...

That said, I did a crappy drift in the previous curve and when I regained control, snapped the other way... so you could say I "linked the drifts". Still, I didn't hit the wall, though.

Anyway, I have a few more creative shots, with less trendy cars, so that may or may not be my final entry as of yet. I'm still undecided and pretty lazy overall. And I'm also waiting to see my CM's shot.

Speaking of which, I'm thinking that should be controlled. I mean, once both adversaries have posted their pics, there's no changing them. If not, I could see his/her shot and try to make a better one... see what I mean?

Diego440
I mean, once both adversaries have posted their pics, there's no changing them. If not, I could see his/her shot and try to make a better one... see what I mean?

Yeah, I tought about doing that. :lol: But I think it's fair to let people change their entries, so we can have even better photos. And both contestant can change their pic, so if he changes his pic, just do a new one a post it before the deadline.

But it's up to the judges :)

Oh, and thanks for the comments on my pic guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back