GTPDC Month 8 .:Results are in:.

• Thread starter Sheron
  • 68 comments
WELCOME TO GTPDC8

gtpdc8intro6tb.jpg

Now for the instructions. It is imperative that you read this before you register:

This will be a exhibition drift only. There will be 2 divisions: Professional and Amateur. To participate, here's what you need to do: Decide on what car and division you want to compete in.
PM me what division you want to compete in.

DO NOT POST YOUR CAR SELECTION IN THIS THREAD

Your video must not contain your name, or any way to identify who's video it is (to promote fairness in judging).

The video must include the video name assigned to you (via PM) by the head judge, the lateral G-meter, speedometer, wheel (if possible), T times, and lap time. It should be a one lap replay without editing using the external replay cameras, and if you can, add a bumper view in PIP mode or after the exterior view replay. The video must not be larger than 25Mb, and it must be downloadable (I won't accept streaming videos like putfile or streetfire).

When you want to turn in your entry, you can use your own host, or one of the hosts included in this thread: Click here. When the video is uploaded please PM [Sheron] with the link of the video, and post in the thread that your video is uploaded. As soon as they are evaluted, the links will be made public to promote fairness in these challenges.

Good luck to our participants and drift on....

Deadline: Sunday, April 2, 2006
Track: Grand Valley Speedway
Car: Old American Muscle cars
cars up to year 1979

gvs1dw.jpg

• Proffesional class will do all track
  • Amateur class will follow picture instructions.

If you have anymore questions, please check GTPDC INFO. If your answer is not there, then ask in this thread.

.:Exhibition:.

-[Professional]-
Erocks13
CoolGeekz
ToyotaDrifter
Ske
Small_Fryz

-[Amateur]-
identti
~Drift King~
vtec513

Scoring:
Style - 10 points
Angle - 10 points
Control - 10 points
Smoke - 5 points

Head Judge: Sheron

.:Judges:.

DO NOT I REPEAT POST WHAT CAR YOU ARE GOING TO BE USING......

.:RESULTS:.

Professional

1st place: Ske http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=12SL4YMBMH2QP1ZG7EQHGJ0MBI 35Mb
2nd place: ToyotaDrifter http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1LAPOQZNGCZ1M12XRIPPU6ACE3 9,5Mb

Amateur

1st place: ~Drift King~ http://d.turboupload.com/d/474680/GTPDC8_A01.wmv.html 5,5Mb

No numeric scores. The outcome is very obvious.

Congrats to all participants 👍

Nice choice Sheron... I love this track, and I have a muscle car that drifts better than some of my modern cars... I also have 4 days off coming up... Hmmm... You may just see me entering this one... I know, I always say that... Hopefully I will be able to make it a reality this time... Otherwise, I'm down to judge, as usual...

;)

I'd really love to enter an event for a change too. My midterms are completed so I have about 3 weeks of clear sailing until finals I have to realy crack down and study for finals.

I love the track - but the cars have me worried. I've never even tried drifting a muscle car, the thought of it rubs me the wrong way...

I'll try a few cars and figure out if I'm in or not.

Boundary Layer
I'd really love to enter an event for a change too. My midterms are completed so I have about 3 weeks of clear sailing until finals I have to realy crack down and study for finals.

I love the track - but the cars have me worried. I've never even tried drifting a muscle car, the thought of it rubs me the wrong way...

I'll try a few cars and figure out if I'm in or not.

Check out my clips on IDM if you want to get some ideas for easy-to-drift muscle cars... The first clip showcases the easiest muscle car to drift in GT4, in my opinion...

;)

I wanted to choose some American track also, but Seattle and Infineon are a bit difficult.

I think 7 corners are fine to amateur class.

Sheron
I wanted to choose some American track also, but Seattle and Infineon are a bit difficult.

I think 7 corners are fine to amateur class.

You've forgotten Laguna Seca, which is in Southern California...

Also, I think the first 5 corners of the amateur section are one of the harder links to make in GT4... Some of the pros have a hard time linking those turns...

;)

Delphic Reason
You've forgotten Laguna Seca, which is in Southern California...

That's even harder than the others.

Delphic Reason
Also, I think the first 5 corners of the amateur section are one of the harder links to make in GT4... Some of the pros have a hard time linking those turns...

It would be enough to drift those corners one by one, or at least link the corners 1-2

Boundary Layer
Ya, I'd definitely say that Infineon is much easier than GVS.

Not for me :ouch:

Ah ha...Am I going to get in on this one? Hmm....well as DR said, I'll see what's up and then go from there.

Any chance the file size can be a bit larger for this round? It's a pretty long track, and the vids will be a bit longer....

forgot to put in PM so im going in Amateur

i going to do my best and not pick one of my first attempts like last time:tup:

just need to hope for a part to come so i can use my computer to upload it

Ok, I will certainly not be entering this competition.
I had some dates mixed up before. I've got 3 reports due between the 31st and the 7th, and I've only started on one of them.... so no vid from me.

No judging either please.

Boundary Layer
Ok, I will certainly not be entering this competition.
I had some dates mixed up before. I've got 3 reports due between the 31st and the 7th, and I've only started on one of them.... so no vid from me.

No judging either please.

lol just caus3e i beat you last time lol!! j/k your freakin good 👍

Im entering, the judges will most likely see glimpse of some talent, but that will be mainily drowned out with the inconsistency of trying to drift every corner on a 2min track with a car i just started drifting 2 days ago :lol:. Spent a few hours on this one so while its not as good as i could get it if i choped and pasted a run together its pretty good for a 1 lap dash.

Small_Fryz
Im entering, the judges will most likely see glimpse of some talent, but that will be mainily drowned out with the inconsistency of trying to drift every corner on a 2min track with a car i just started drifting 2 days ago :lol:. Spent a few hours on this one so while its not as good as i could get it if i choped and pasted a run together its pretty good for a 1 lap dash.

Welcome back Dion, and good to see you in comps!
Watch out fella's... this guy's a natural. :sly:. Good luck!

Back