Go-Karting day out! (UK) *UPDATED*

United Kingdom
Leicestershire
davegeorge78
Hi all:)

I have been thinking about trying to organise a day out Go-Karting for members (and non members) of GTplanet here in the UK.

This would most likely take place sometime in late August or September to accomodate peoples summer holidays.....

There are some great circuits based in the midlands area which are ideal from a central point of view for people travelling, and there are a variety of types of races, endurance's, Grand Prix etc that we could race,

Prices I would imagine after researching this would be somewhere in the region of £40-50 per person but these are very good quality outdoor circuits driving twin engine Honda Pro Karts and so are quite good value for money,

What Im looking for now is an idea of numbers of people interested. If theres enough we can get a date arranged and I can get something organised.

This could be a lot of fun and another chance for people to meet each other and take part in some "Real" racing!

If you like the sound of a days Karting either reply or write me a PM, i can update this post with interested people.

many thanks

Dave

P.S to Mod's, please move this thread if it is in the wrong place:tup:
(I did seek advice before posting...)

INTERESTED NAMES LIST:

Dave_George (Leicester)
Famine (Yorkshire)
The Cracker (Sheffield)
DQuaN (London)
Bee (Brackley, Northants)
Scaff (Swindon)
live4speed (Manchester)
Ashley (Brighton)
Sting (?)
Pimpin_t (Essex)
Poverty (London)
Roo (Fleet, Hampshire)
Specialized (Kent)
VEXD (Notts)

Count me in !!!

- i had commented to Vexd in the UKGTP thread that the next (UKGTP) event could also include a Karting outing, but it fell on deaf ears.

I think I' be stupid not to be interested ;). I'm not interested... Oh hang on. Ofcourse I'm interested.

You've got long enough to save, he's not planning it until August/Spetember.

Dave_George

Bee im sure you will be fine at 16 mate.

That's cool then, yeah count me in, I will deffinatley have a job by then so money wont be a problem, I'm sure my dad will be up for taking me there too.

live4speed
You've got long enough to save, he's not planning it until August/Spetember.

Hmm.. I thought that, but then I realised I have no source of income and I have driving lessons to pay for then 👍

Impreza04
Hmm.. I thought that, but then I realised I have no source of income and I have driving lessons to pay for then 👍

Have you thought of petty crime?

TheCracker
Have you thought of petty crime?

Or prostitution? :lol:

I wouldn't be able to come... I'm too young and I'm pretty sure my parents won't let me.

Hell im definatly in, August September is perfect amount of time away to save up my pennys:D

Went go karting last July at Wessex Raceway...2nd in my heat:P

Great idea Dave:tup:

I'm interested.
Dave ya mentioned Daytona Karting in Milton Keynes. I live in Bedfordshire and I've heard its a good track. I've passed it once and it looked a fair size, although I haven't raced on it unfortunatly.

From my experience Daytona has good facilities, but I've not been to the on in Milton Keynes.

Heh I'm just a 20 minute drive from Milton Keynes. :D

I just went on the site, seems pretty decent, nice track layout and Ash mentioned something about pit stops and up to 48 karts on track at once?

That could work very well.

48 on track at once sounds too much, I only like that in games where you can get away with the odd contact here and there :lol:, at Trafford where I normally go the most I've raced with is 17 other carts, you have to trust the other drivers as much as you trust yourself, some git turned into me on corner 1:lol:. Mind you the Milton Keynes track is a lot longer than Trafford park, mind you Trafford park is great because it has a superb surface to race on.

Daytona looks good, maybe one of the priciest circuits but someone I know went recently and couldnt say enough good about it.

Ultimate location will depend on where is best for everyone if possible, but its a great starting point. Have a look at Ancaster Karting as they seem good value for money also.

cheers:tup:

Dave

That is the problem with Daytona, the price, they're really expensive, especially for big events.

Ancaster looks good not heared much about it or been there before, the prices are a lot better which would suit more people I think.

The two hour endurance at Ancaster would suit us well, upto 4 people per team, min 6 teams, maximum of 20 teams, practice/qualifying 15 min session followed by 2 hr race with driver changes, for £120 per team. So thats £60 each for a two man, £40 each for a 3 man team or £30 for a 4 man team....and they have new Karts for 2006 which is always good!

Keep the ideas flowing people:tup:

thanks

Dave

Dave_George
Have a look at Ancaster Karting as they seem good value for money also.

37 quid per a driver for a 12 driver mini prix is damn good, and the full grand prix is just as good at 40 quid.

Could relax with a game of paintball after.
:lol:

With a minimum of 6 teams we would need 24 people for it to be £30 each. I don't think we can get that many.

I like the sound of Milton Keynes. :P

Bee
And with driver changes you wouldn't get as much time on the track...

Aye, would be good if we could get a everyman for himself kinda race. lol

Back