GT4 Online Edition - Japanese Manual and Screens

• Thread starter VV
  • 55 comments
OK...so I see this is a beta test version... but the 2 most important questions are:
Does anyone have an idea about:

1) Release date?
2) Besides online, what is different from GT4?

Hopefully they do amke this in english too, everyone in the UK, US, and AUS will go nuts.

I also hope they fix some minor glitches in the game too. Like AI "follow the leader crashes" and realistic tire wear.

So it's not out yet? I would've asked my friend to buy it for me in Japan if it's been out. But I'm pretty sure it won't work with the English version of the saved game...

Just watched the video on IGN
it looks pretty much lag free
that's a good news 👍

Since PD already make a beta version
I don't see why not release the final version in near future
I am getting it no matter they are on PS2 or PS3

IGN
Tuned Car Race is similar, but you use your own car. The events require that your car meet certain requirements in terms of specifications, or you're not allowed to enter.
If each driver can use his own settings on his car, it's very interesting.

No north american beta release, once again the japanese leave us out. I think I may be leading more towards microsoft from here on in, they take care of us in north america.

Did everyone all of a sudden go crazy? It's a beta, testing for PS3's online service, which obviously the PS2 is able to connect to, since it's broadband only. It's just a test for latency and playability, make sure it's damn near perfected before Kaz includes it in GT5. You people need to relax some, there is no GT4 Online coming out, just wait and relax. If they even release GT4 Online it's only if PS3 doesn't break out of the gates sales wise.

I noticed some bumper cars action in the gameplay videos. :( I hope online isn't a case of who can bash their way around the track the best. Apart from that, it looks good.

I think it says on the site, release is between July 1st to August 31st.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt4ol/index.html

SavageEvil
Did everyone all of a sudden go crazy? It's a beta, testing for PS3's online service, which obviously the PS2 is able to connect to, since it's broadband only. It's just a test for latency and playability, make sure it's damn near perfected before Kaz includes it in GT5. You people need to relax some, there is no GT4 Online coming out, just wait and relax. If they even release GT4 Online it's only if PS3 doesn't break out of the gates sales wise.

You're nuts.

Looks like online mode in the next version of GT is on the right track. Not sure if using cars from your garage is an option, but looks like you will at least be able to race tuned cars. Also like the fact that there will be severall methods to do online racing. Also like the fact that you can see the persons name above the car, but hope this can be turned off or on.
Hope some can translate most of the manual that the link goes to sometime soon. I am confident that regardless of what they improve and include with the next GT, that the online mode will be very good.

un_peacekeeper
I think it says on the site, release is between July 1st to August 31st.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt4ol/index.html

You're nuts.

Hey look it's another one..., all it takes is a few minutes to read and you will understand what I wrote, guess you didn't so, can't really do anything about that now can I.

Why do some people even reply to some posts is beyond me, you are a prime example of one of those people.

I read and understood your misunderstanding of the PS2 game. And no, the game itself is not a beta test for the PS3 even though it may give some valuable information for Sony to make their PS3 online system. Thank you very much.

And now just imagine the 2 years delay from original japanese release date in favor to online function be integral part of GT4 as all of us wanted.. :D

BTW Packing and disc pics available on blog of IGN's author of preview..

http://blogs.ign.com/anoopg/

Famine, we should begin countdown who will get it first for the collection :)

un_peacekeeper
I read and understood your misunderstanding of the PS2 game. And no, the game itself is not a beta test for the PS3 even though it may give some valuable information for Sony to make their PS3 online system. Thank you very much.

Last I heard this was a demo, not an official release...not a beta test? So let me get this straight, PD will waste valuable time and resources on a game for PS2, when Sony wants them to have GT5 ready by PS3 first year out? OK, I give in, that rationale just makes total sense. Also click the link in the previous posters' post.

Yeah, KSaiyu's right. There's no release date yet, or even any confirmation of a release.

how u sign up for pre register ?

cus i want to be a beta tester too

i have been playing gt4 online though xlink since the day it came out

this will be a addition to the game because it will allow me to use tuned cars online and not just stock like i have been doing

I don't think you can now, but it's a test in Japan anyway, so unless your living in Japan you couldn't in the first place.

Back