Why do YOU love Gran Turismo 4?

• Thread starter EJRocky
  • 59 comments
I love Gran Turismo 4 because:

It's "$&%)@ realistic.
You can drift in it.
The attraction of new cars: You play it for a bit then you hear of the next one and you fantasise about driving the NEW Impreza or the NEW Ford Focus in it.
You can tune nearly every aspect of you car(s).
You can own a multi-billion dollar collection of cars for only $35.
Tons of cars from 1915 Model T's to 1960's Muscle cars to the very latest ultra modern carbon fibre covered hypercars.
Cockpit detail. The driver even BLINKS! I've seen it.
Actual 24 Hour races.

Why do YOU love it?

Dude 👍 everything you said is Top Quality.. apart from the fact that i hate the 24hr races because i fall asleep and find out im last by 500 laps :scared: :nervous: SAVE ME!!
ive done the Nurburgring Nordenschlife but not the Circuet de la Sarthé ones..

they suck!!

>> Seani << :grumpy:

Why i love it?
How much does the amount of cars tell?

I loved GT, it was a part of my life, I have many memories from it,:( so I love GT4 too. Realism, graphics, gameplay, variety of cars and tracks, what else?:)

Dood 👍 everything yoo said is Top Quality.. apart from i hate the 24hr races cuz i fall asleep n find out im last by 500 laps :scared: :nervous: SAVE ME!!
ive doen the Nurburgring Nordenschlife but not the Circuet de la Sarth&#233; ones..

they suck!!

>> Seani << :grumpy:

B Spec. You're welcome.

there is a glitch in the game on the original Le Sarthe track where the B-Spec driver will crash for no reason, there was a thread about it not so long ago.

I like just driving around, racking up miles. I like changing the oil at regular intervals and washing the cars too, during the winter it makes the spring driving season not seem so far away. I also like the fact that all of the boring Kei cars and other common vehicles make the truly special cars actually seem special, something no other driving game has ever done for me.

This game made me realize that Need for Speed style driving is IMPOSSIBLE in real life, and GT4 has also taught me many about racing techniques

I view the GT series as a fully interactive automotive museum...located in Japan. It's almost exactly what I want from a car game. (Integrate TDU-style roaming on the equivalent of Google Maps, and the ability to add new cars and I would never have need for another video game again. Not likely, but one can always wish.)

And it's version of the Nordschliefe is nice, too. 👍

I love GT4 because of the fact that they actually added the Circuit de la Sarthe, the Nurburgring and the giant amount of cars it has in it.

The only thing I hate about GT4... the 24 HR races. There is no way I can do them without any breaks for sleeping.

Because it is the only racing game I have.

That said, it is good enough that I will only find satisfaction elsewhere in GT5+. Because of that, I do not know how inferior the other games are.

I love GT4 because of the fact that they actually added the Circuit de la Sarthe, the Nurburgring and the giant amount of cars it has in it.

The only thing I hate about GT4... the 24 HR races. There is no way I can do them without any breaks for sleeping.

Real 24h raceteams have 2 or 3 people per car for that reason. If you want to do it in a 24h stint, get a friend or 2 to switch to :)

Or, you could just pause the game a few times. The PS2 can handle being on for a long, loooooooooong time.

why i love GT4....
multi billion dollar car collection
very detailed
ice racing tracks which are really fun with the escudo
i can have a black lightning and a matching GT and not have to pay taxes on either, then turn around and beat the snot out of both of them and not have to pay for repairs

Why i love GT4?

Now whit wat should i begin?
More then 700 cars you can ride,everyone different,high texture.
Because i am addicted(Have GT1 to GT4)
And its fun to drive some s*** that is like driving a real car and not cars that take each corner perfect etc....

I love GT4, simply because I love cars in general and the Gran Turismo Series has always provided the highest amount of realism of any driving simulator, and ties it into a great overall package of a game. :)

To me its the best driving game for the PS2, having done all the other GT games.
Also I play it because it bugs the hell out of the 'misses', see thinks that I am sad sitting down with my DFP.

Do any other partners think that ?

I don't really love GT4, but because I'm really into it, is because of the photomode feature. Everything which GT4 has did not pleasure me more then GT3, untill I explored the photomode feature, it's one of the greatest things ever in a racing game and that makes GT4 so interesting 👍

I love cars, so naturally, you are going to love a game that is a sim of real cars; The cars you will never drive in real life (at least, I know I will not be driving a Ford GT or Mine's Skyline). That and the photo mode feature. I really hope PD carries this feature over to the next addition to the Gran Turismo series.

With me same as Cheezman I love cars I have my whole life my mom has a picture of me when I was 1 year old sucking on the end of a camshaft any way back to the topic I love GT4 because I'm a car nut, I don't have a car and its the closest thing I can get to, In order to have a good set up you kinda have to know what you are doing, All the different cars you can get, You can drift in it, And a bunch of other stuff that i can't think of right now :)

Back