I accomplished a goal that I had set when I first started listening to music.Music 

• Thread starter Event
  • 0 comments

Event

Zoom-zoom
Premium
GTP_event / kevinr6287 (farming account)
One band has withstood the test of time. I started listening to music in 2003-ish, and one of the songs that got me into music was Fortune Faded by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I finally got to hear that song live last weekend. It was amazing. I had always wanted to go to a Chili Peppers concert, but thought I might never get the opportunity. I recall hearing something about quarrels within the band after By The Way, so I thought they might break up. Thankfully, they didn't, and I saw them play at my school this past weekend.

Gnarls Barkley was the opening band. They sucked, Go Daddy Go and Crazy were the only in the least bit thrilling songs. But then the concert started. For the first 5 minutes, John Fruiscante, Chad Smith, and Flea just jammed on stage. Anthony Kiedis then ran on stage and they played Can't Stop. The lighting was quite impressive, there were several Video LED boards and screens working in unison. It was the best concert I've gone to, and the first major-label band I've seen live. For the encore, Chad jammed for a while, then flea came out, battled him, followed by John and Anthony. I don't remember the song they played then, but they finished it up with Give it Away.

Amazing concert, they even played material from The Uplift Mofo Party Plan (Me and My Friends) and it was the loudest song by far. Only a few songs were played from Stadium Arcadium, I think they were Dani California, Snow (Hey Oh), and one song I didnt recognize.

The concert was 6/5 stars

(BIG pictures)

Back