The Complete Hybriding Guide For Gran Turismo 4.

• Thread starter Playguy
  • 117 comments
Because of the crescent questions about how to create a hybrid,and the evolution of methods and resources,I've decided to create a guide with everything(I hope) you need to start hybriding GT4.You may think this is hard and other things like that,but i was in was once in your shoes,and i'm not into any hard stuff like programming,hex coding,memory hacking,etc.I'm just the average user with a little curiosity.Nothing else.I'm gonna try to explain the best i can,using my far-from-good english(I'm portuguese).If you have any questions, PM me,or post it here.

Before i start i would like to say that this was impossible without

image.php

Sucahyo

He's the master mind behind all you're going to see here.He found all the codes and all the methods.We just did the testing.
But other users should get recognition for testing,supporting,and helping the growth of this GT4 Hybrid movement.

They are (Randomly placed):

image.php

Gingiba;

image.php

Speed Drifter;

image.php

ChristtheDude;

image.php

Ithielee;

image.php

HybridLVR;

image.php

AngelCreator;

image.php

Opendriver19a;

image.php

VV;

Sorry if i forgot someone - Too many pages to check lol.

Ok,the introduction is over,let's begin the hybriding?

What you need:
PCSX2: www.pcsx2.net
My GT4 Bundle with tools you need: http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=GT4_Bundle.rar
Gran Turismo 4 DVD(Duh lol)
A way to transfer files between memory cards and PC's(Ar MAX or Code Breaker are good choices)

AR MAX(to use the Ar MAX codes)

--

There are currently 3 ways to hybrid.2 Using the PCSX2 and the Phast program,and another using AR MAX codes.
They have their pro's and con's.

The PCSX2 method is tested,and easy,but has the problem of not everybody be able to run it and the corruption
glitch(explained later).

The AR MAX is untested,less objective and probably takes more time,but it probably doesn't have the glitch.

--

For the PHAST and PCSX2 technique

First,do a ISO image of the GT4 DVD.
Now,you need to install PCSX2 and tune the plugins to run GT4.Use my GT4specs.txt to set it accordingly to mine,but note that every computer is different so you may have to find the ideal set up yourself.
If you have trouble running the PCSX2 itself,try using the 3d analyse program i include in the bundle.Run 3d analyse,and then select the pcsx2t.exe in the PCSX2 instalation directory,and check the following checks:
Force SW TnL,all the Hardware limits options,and emulate cube maps and DXT textures.

Gingiba Says:PHAST has trouble reading the normal PCSX2.EXE,so,use the PCSX2t.exe that is in the installation directory.

Before running GT4,extract the GT4 memory file to the memcard directory in the PCSX installation folder,and set it to be the first memory card in PCSX2 program.(this is needed for the hybrid,since the opening movie is disabled.and it's also good because you have 950 cars and millions of credits...)
Ok,you have your PCSX2 running GT4?Good,you may proceed to the second phase.

Extract PHAST to a random folder(it can be the pcsx2 folder).

As i said before,there are 2 ways of hybridng with Phast.The one that uses Suca's site with the tables with codes,and the one where you change specific adresses with specific codes.

Many may say that the cheat code is far easier.And it is.But I've decided to include both because,well,the other one was the first hybriding method in GT4,and since there are no codes for car body changing in the suca's tables yet,it's the only way to change car bodies.But anyone that doesn't want to change car bodies should use the cheat code tables method.

I'm going to start with the Cheat code table method:

Run GT4 in PCSX2 and PHAST.Now,press the Snap PCSX2 button in PHAST.Wait till it says sucess on the task bar.Is it done?Now, proceed to select your hybrid car.You have to get in it.Are you in?get out to the garage car list,and check these tables:

http://gt.cellphonespec.com/gt4hybridcar.php

You need the PHAST codes.That's all you need.Just select the car you want to take off the parts from,copy the PHAST code for the part you want,past it on the Xploder code check box(nevermind the crazy name in PHAST lol),and press update cheat code.It's done.Now,select the car to see it.If it's a drivetrain,engine,or weight,it must be changed.Congrats,you have your hybrid!You can past multiple codes into the box and update them all at
once.Remember to save the game before you get out of PCSX2.

Note: Don't bother hybriding multiple cars.Hybrid just the selected car in the save.This is due to the glitch problem.
All other cars that have a ride hystory are corrupted when you load up the save in the real PS2.The untouched(that don't have any ride history)ones work tough.The reasons for this are unknown,but people suspect that it is due to the extraction process from the PCSX2 memory card.Since it's currently the only way to get saves from it,this problem is awaiting resolution.

Before getting into the save extraction process,let me explain the old process.

---

PCSX2 Memory Changing Method:

As the other one,run PHAST and GT4,snap pcsx2 in PHAST,and select a car you want to take some parts from.Now,you need to go to the MOVE ADRESS option in PHAST and type the corresponding adress to the part you want.
The adress you found will now be displayed in the big box on the left.Do you see it?It will always show adress ending with 0,so you need to add the last number in the part adress code to see where the codes are.Confusing?It is a bit.But here is an example.

You want to find a certain chassis,say a caterham for example.You select it in the game,go to PHAST,select move code(read find code),and type 00a2a600.You will see it on the left.Now,take a look at those +0 +1 +2 +3,etc.These are the numbers you have to add.GT4 codes always occupie 2 adresses.The ones in the GT4doc.txt,and the next one.For this one,it's 00a2a600 and 00a2a601.So,how you find it there?add +1 to 600.Check the +1 row,you will see this code:08.is it right?now the +0(=600),you will see this:F8. F8 08.This is the chassis code for the catherham.This applies to engine,body,differential,etc.

Now you want to use this on other car.Select it,and go to write adress.There,type 00a2a600 in the adress box,and F8 in the value.Next,go to write adress again,and type 00a2a601,and 08 in the value. Ta Ta!You now have a car with the
500KG chassis from the Caterham.Save and exit.

You may have noticed the DRIVETRAIN.txt,and ENGINE.TXT,etc on there.Those are all the codes for every car,so you don't need to select multiple cars to get a part - i just wanted you to know it because it helps understanding the lists.

Sucayho says:
(Optional)If you want to write four value at consecutive location with PHAST you just write the all value you want to write. but remember to revert the number if you get it from my list.
to modify car engine with BTR engine, get the code from list:
20A2A608 00000777

enter the address as
A2A608

enter the data as:

equip Integra stage 3 NA tune:
20A2A678 000007FA
20A2A67C 0000000D

enter the address as
A2A678

enter the data as:
FA0700000d000000

--

Ok,now you have your hybrid save,you want to know how to get it off PCSX2 memory card.It's easy,just copy the memory card file from the memcard directory in the PCSX2 folder to a random folder.Extract PS2 save builder and GT4 Extractor there too.

Use PS2 extractor to extract the files you need(Just select it and press extract).3 files should now appear.garage,BESCESblah blah blah,and other one.You can delete this one.
Now,get a original GT4 file.You can get it from a save you took from your PS2,from gamefaqs.com,whatever.
Run PS2 Save Builder,and open the Original GT4 Save File.You see the garage and BESCES file?Delete them!Now,just drag and drop the files you extracted before from the PCSX2 save file to the PS2 Save Builder screen.They should now be in the file list.
Now,save the file.And this is where you need to know what you are going to use to copy that file into the PS2 memory card.

Ar MAX-->AR MAX V3 - The .max files
Codebreaker-->Codebreaker - .CBS File
SharkPort-->SharkPort - .SPS
Xploder-->Xploder - .xps
PS2menu or LaunchELF-->NPO-->.NPO
All file extensions create the same save file,just for different programs.You can use this tool to convert files between different extensions.
Just put a name there,and upload it to your PS2.Run GT4.The hybrid must be there now.

------

The AR MAX codes method.

This is untested,so,this is all theory and logic.If you test it,post your findings.
You start AR MAX,write the codes you want,and boot GT4.The cars you select then will all have the part you want.

Just don't put for example 2 engine codes at the same time,it will probably crash the game.

You can get the codes here http://gt.cellphonespec.com/gt4hybridcar.php

Sucahyo says:The armax code must be written as group. If the list have column for ARMAX code 1 and ARMAX code 2, you must enter it as one group of code. Some code has three line of code instead of two.
---

Ok,this is what you need to know to hybrid in GT4.I've tried to simplify it to the max,i hope i was successful in it.Post your hybrid movies and pictures,post your questions and doubts and your findings.

Check also this Thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87028 for more discussion about GT4 Hybrid.

You,user that wants to post this in other sites,you are free to do it,as long as you don't change it,and maintain the names in there.
Have respect.

Playguy(Saul Santos) is out.Cheers for ya'll - sorry for my english lol.

This is awesome. i didn't read the whole thing but i got the gist of it.

This thread should be tacked at the top

Great guide, definitely deserving of some +rep!

Oh, and may I add? My PHASTE has troubles reading 'PCSX2.exe', but it reads 'PCSX2t.exe' perfectly. Try that one if you have troubles!

Nice guide 👍 :).

If you want to write four value at consecutive location with PHaste you just write the all value you want to write. but remember to revert the number if you get it from my list.

to modify car engine with BTR engine, get the code from list:
20A2A608 00000777

enter the address as
A2A608

enter the data as:

equip Integra stage 3 NA tune:
20A2A678 000007FA
20A2A67C 0000000D

enter the address as
A2A678

enter the data as:
FA0700000d000000

Where can you get the codes for the ARMAx? I willing to test them out and see if they work.

nop not yet.but there will be soon

hey, what's up?.............I got my Dane Elec 256MB flash drive formatted to FAT16, but I aslo ought a new KINGSTON 1GB 2.0 Flash that came in FAT format.
I do hope you all get through with the NTSC codes soon...............
Although I'm not that good with the Computer stuff, I'm good at Hybrids, so if I can help you get the bugs out of one that you've built (with respect tuning and putting the right combination of parts), I'm sure that I can make some valuable suggestions

Did you try to do some hybridding yourself? I wonder how the PS3 could cope with the emulator, seeing as it's only based on CPU-power. Though, I don't think they released a new Linux version which is up to date with the newest Windows version.

@Gingiba,
Unfortunately I have not. All the Yellow Dog Linux version still doesn't utilize the cell processing of the PS3 yet. I've had problems with basic tasks using progs that weren't specific for the PS3's platform. Time will yield better results as more talent continues to provide better coding as it relates to the multi-cell architecture.

I'm not all that good with all this computer stuff. Is it possible that in the future there may be a program like mk's program?

No...I thing that this isn´t work. Many Combinations are not work....Many Problems are use NA-Tune Motors in Turbo Cars -> the Game crash... The same is with Spoiler.
To become a Car to work, i must test many. I hope u understand what i mean... ;)

Greet Stefan

No...I thing that this isn´t work. Many Combinations are not work....Many Problems are use NA-Tune Motors in Turbo Cars -> the Game crash... The same is with Spoiler.
To become a Car to work, i must test many. I hope u understand what i mean... ;)

Greet Stefan

Your grammar is a bit off, lol jk.

I want to try this but i don't even know if my computer could handle it. I want to end up putting a Bentley engine in one of the Formula one cars so i can have 1000+ hp. The F1 feels like it could handle a lot more power than it has on my G25

Yes... better i speek german... Dann fangen wir mal an....blablabla.. ;)
My English isn´t the best.. But you understand me...i hope.:D

Could there be a way to do this using the file as a PSV, such as when you transfer from the PS3 system.

I highly doubt my computer can run the emu, and my GT4 doesnt work on my ps2 anymore, only my PS3.

I can do everything your guide says, but it would help immensely if I could do it without the ps2.

Other than that, congratulations on getting hybrids on GT4, I was praying this day would come!

I don't know any of these terms so I might of just overlooked it in the overwhelming amount of information thrown around here, but is there anyways to create a hybrid by simply using the Gameshark? Like V3?

I was creating hybrids on GT3, but that was just with my gameshark. Like, to edit slot 1 in garage, type in this and this for line one... anyway to do that in GT4? A simple hp multiplier maybe?

Thanks in advance!

Can anyone help me out here? It seems that i can't run GT4 on my PCSX2!!! Well i don't really know what is the problem. Did everything in the guide, but the game can't load. I can play and see the SCEA logo and the autoload, but it can't load the opening movie and it just got stuck there! And it always say "patch error" or something.....and is the type of BIOS i'm running that causes the problem? :(
Help very much appreciated.....

Back