The Complete Hybriding Guide For Gran Turismo 4.

• Thread starter Playguy
  • 117 comments
Did anyone manage to get the old list, i would really love it. I am trying to use Artmoney to grab some of the codes for myself but it takes a long time and also i am figuring out how to change things like engines.

Will the NTSC codes work with the PAL version? Also, if not then how and where do I find codes that will work for the AR MAX/PAL version?

Also where the heck is this PHAST program? I can't find it anywhere

Can't download the Bundle Tools. Has anyone still got this and able to reupload somewhere? Sorry for bumping a 5 year old thread, but I want to see what I missed out on. :P

PSCX2 lags fatally on my gaming PC, and I can't diagnose why. I've had all audio/video settings to the lowest possible, it still hovers at 50fps maximum.

I haven't read the whole thing (it's long) but is it possible to have the hybrid GT4 running on a PS2?

So who states you can't hybrid a car on the NTSC version of GT4? pff.. I figured out how now.

Wangan_RR Chassis Ingame.PNG

Just a sneak peak of what I found while editing the current car data. From what I seen on YouTube it was only used on the PAL version, not in any other version. Will make a database for all the things needed to hybrid your car in GT4, and I may need some help with things along this.

Sorry for a big leap into the future of GT4 hybriding, but it's time for the NTSC players to have a turn too.

*EDIT*

Well it seems as though

http://web.archive.org/web/20081002100048/http://gt.cellphonespec.com/gt4hybridcar.php

Now has a historic cache page, so most of the site is now functional. Except the car page, the default page is the Ford Ka '01 - and I can confirm I tried this with my PAL disc and AR Max on my PS2 slim and it successfully changed my NSX to a 98hp one!

That being said only the Ford Ka page seems to be functional =[. I really want to change my Caterham engine to a Hyabusa and my Ginetta G4 to an Alfa twin-cam lump. So, if anyone still has these lists Please! keep us all posted...

Short answer, no.

You can make a non-permanent change via editing the memory in the pre-race menus, but that's it , and it'll reset after each major loading screens.

However when comes the time where we can unpack GT4.VOL (the main file that contains all of the car data) we'll be able to change them.

If you can make an activator then i'm guessing you could yeah. The issue for CD-based GS/AR etc is finding the address to edit. No idea how to do that, but with cheat engine on the big E-word it's relatively easy to find and edit, as well as making a hotkey for it.

HELLO everybody...i have encountered a little problem and am searching a solution for it...you see...i cant seem to figure out any kind of system of how the used car wheel values behave...so that i could easily swap wheels to my cars...but so far i havent figured out any order or coding...sometimes the wheels are for example 36 00 01 00 and other 52 02 01...i have tried to see if certain group of values for ex 5X would be certain makers wheels but no luck with used ones...with aftermarkets it goes easy like that but if someone were to figure logic for used ones that would be great...or is it just hit or miss..there must be something

Get this here. These are all the wheels i've found when I looked into it. I don't believe there are any more, until it's possible to check the game's files themselves.

Note: these I found on PAL. No idea if they are arranged differently or not on other regions as i don't play them.

thanks and yea i play pal myself as well..will look into it...yea becaude i know that for example racecar wheels cant be swapped straight..but at least some of them appear in the used wheels section once in a while...so i was wondering does every wheel go there at some point...would be nice to use sauber or minolta wheels somewhere...but yea ill try to figure something out

but how did you got all those wheel values...through one by one or what...also there are some jumps so that the wheels dont go full in order...argh i just want to get racecar wheels to my cars...and i swear i have seen a minolts rim in the shop once...or maybe just my imagination...

I went one by one, following a pattern I saw while looking into used wheels. They are all arranged in value order (although i see what you mean... windows doesn't like hexadecimal value with letters :/. Also there are gaps in numbering even when corerectly arranged because there were a lot of values that didn't give any results -an incorrect value soft locks the game-). I went way beyond the last one I found to check if I was missing any and couldn't find any other ones. Clearly, not every car's wheels are in the used section. I don't know of any other way to swap wheels currently so that's all I can provide.
R92CP wheels are 100E4 for example, so if the Minolta's wheels are missing then either i haven't found them somehow, or they're just not available at all.

the second case is probably the right one :( But i must get them somehow!!!! and yea wormg value locks the game rip...this is harder than i expected...

another useful list would be all the car body codes

as we talked before i was kinda right about being seen special wheels in gt auto before...looks like i can make all wheels appear in the gt auto lineup with small changes if i want...and all those wheels have name just like the original ones...for ex this minolta wheel is TO0xxx...however the problem is that it doesnt seem to have any kind of code assigned to it...like available used wheels...its just FFFFFFFF (probably because its default wheel)...so yea it isnt available that easily...but it is there!!! So the question is how can i code it so that it has a value like all the other wheels? or do i need to dig GT4.vol for that?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190623-172556.png
    Screenshot_20190623-172556.png
    121.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited by a moderator:
Back