Things you do in GT4 when you get bored

United States
Los Angeles
GTP_DrivingPark
Finetales
I did a search on this and didn't find anything, so here goes.

What things do you do in GT4 when you have nothing else to do in the game?

I personally go to Arcade Mode, do Fuji Speedway '80s, pick the Dodge Ram, set the difficulty to -10 so I'm against Subaru 360's and the like, and I go the wrong way. When you hit the pnuy cars head on they literally fly in the air! Mostly they fly back and bounce off another car. It's lots of fun, but very mean. :-)

I drive a Dodge Ram in arcade mode, select E tires and -10 difficulty, then I up the power by 20% and lower the weight by 10%. Then I set the tires to SS tires so the AI will have E tires while I have SS tires. Then I get in the lead, then drive backwards and make EVERY single car get out of the way. :)

You should see the HEMI Rage video on YouTube.

Basically the same thing Driving Park does...

I also tend to break out of boards, even with a 575HP AC Cobra 427 S/C, even though it's nearly impossible, it's all worth it when you break out only going 150MPH.

I once did the 24hr Circuit de la Sarthe (not bob, Me!). I don’t remember which car I used, but it easily lapped every one by the 3rd lap. After 10 hrs. I started to see how far I could knock the cones from the chicanes around the track. I did get one on the start finish line.

what I do when I'm bored? I drift AWD MPVs, such as Honda Odyssey, or SUV's or offroaders (Range Rover, Infiniti X45 etc )

Greetings All,
I too am a cone killer, I try to drag as many as I can for a full lap. Another favorite is to try and force AI cars into the pit road and see how many I can get to pit prematurely

Greetings All,
Another favorite is to try and force AI cars into the pit road and see how many I can get to pit prematurely

Yeah, I do that too. My favorite place to do that is at Infineon.

Oh by the way, have you ever tried going into the Infineon pit backwards? As soon as you cross the line the game will try to turn you around, but it can't because the section you're in is too skinny.

:-)

Drive a course in reverse, actually using the reverse gear, for a few laps till i get bored then find another course to do that at

That or take a stock car to Chamonix and drift around for awhile, Or Tsu wet, any course with slippery conditions

cruise on any course and look at scenery...or Drive cars how you would drive them on the street...slowly...makes you appreciate handling and power differences even more....but the best thing I do when I am bored....is play on xlink kai with other people...

:rolleyes:

WHO ARE YOU?!!? AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO PARNELLI BONE?!!? :nervous: :scared: :grumpy:

HA HAA!! Yes in fact, I DO stop playing occasionally. I went cold-turkey on GT games for most of May matter of fact. When you come back to the game and hop in a car again it's so much sweeter dude! :lol:

Last edited:
I take the BMW M3 on a time trial, power it up to aroudn 400 horses, put road tires in the front, and comfort in the back.

Then I screw around, tryign to drift aroudn the turns. I usually go to Trial Mountain.

I go to time trial with a BMW M3 and quick tune it to aroudn 400 horses, I reduce the weight a little. Then I equip it with road tires in the front, and economy in the back. I just screw around on Trial Mountain drifting around the turns.

I go tune cars I've never tried before and run them on twisty courses.
That is to say, I go into GT Mode and buy upgrades, then I adjust the settings and attempt to run fast (fun) laps on challenging circuits. :D

cruise on any course and look at scenery...or Drive cars how you would drive them on the street...slowly...makes you appreciate handling and power differences even more.....

Yeah, another thing I forgot to mention is that I usually take a Honda of some sort and drive it on Tokyo R246 as if I was obeying the law. I stop at every intersection. I wish there was a horn in GT so I could honk at the other AI cars when they come by next lap and slam into me.

:-)

I just cruise muscle cars. A black Charger (for obvious reasons) around Citta di Aria. :) Or maybe Seattle. But yes, I do the intersection thing too. I did a challnge of the week once in GT that was 'drive Autumn Ring as fast as possible, but stop at all the marked crossings first!'.

nismosig.gif

I have a lot of idea what to do when i get bored,here are a few things that i do:

A)I find a car to buy,tune it till it is fast (or driftable) then i go to any of my favorite circuit (Tsukuba,Suzuka East,Midfield,Ring,etc.)then drift till i get bored and do the same thing again!
B)Do as above,or drive on any circuit and take pictures during photo mode,edit the pictures a little bit on post them on GTPlanet. Yeah! 👍
C)Break my Gran Turismo cd,go and buy/play another game till that game is bored,remembered i broke my GT4 cd,go cycle to the nearest game shop and buy another new GT4 and play that till thats boring.(i had 4 GT4 cd's already...)
D)Play the game until finished (or 100%) deleted it and start all over again.

I wanted to write more but currently im all out of ideas..... :confused:

In the game:
I usually take a Shelby into the lightweight cup and see how fast I can push the other cars in the lineup. Its tricky trying to keep them on your front bumper. Then I brake and watch them sail past the turn and into the wall beyond.
-or-
Car comparisons: I'll pick a type, group, age, etc. of cars and run them on tracks to see how they compete against one another.
One that I have in progress right now is a pre- '70 comparison between the 3 world regions.
United States, Europe and Asia.
I took all the pre-'70 cars (stock with no driving aids. No race cars included.) from each regions and ran them all on similar tracks to weed them down to the top 10 cars for each area. Now all I have to do is run them on the final 3 tracks, awarding points to the cars finishing position, to see what the top 10 cars are.
I've already done the first half of it. I just have to find time to do the second half.

Outside the game:
I spend time in my real garage tinkering with my new toy. A 1967 Mustang Coupe.

Either way I’m messing with cars.

Back