GTPlanet Clio Cup Interest and Signup

• Thread starter CAMikaze
  • 138 comments

What should the race format for each round be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CAMikaze

For Japan and Racing Miku. ^_~
Premium
Japan
@ Suzuka Circuit in GSR Spirit. ^_~
GTP_CAMikaze
Fellow members of GTPlanet, I have a proposal for you.:D

To the best of my knowledge, I don't know if there has been a one-model series that has been proposed and run since joining the Planet a long time ago. Well, I believe the time for such a series is long overdue.

I propose having a 10 round series similar in fashion to a one-model series that is currently active in the racing world. The model I plan to use will be the Renault Clio Sport Trophy Race Car and the series will be called the GTPlanet Clio Cup.

So, are any of you interested in signing up for this series? If so, I'll start a signup thread. ;)👍

Neil's interested too!

Though, a less grippy, more interesting to drive car like a Lotus Elise would have been my choice of ride.

But the Clio Cup Car is still good.👍

Neil

Count me in too :D
But just one thing,how will the competition will be run?
Like the WRS or the LRS format?
Would be great if you could clear me up :)

Count me in mate. Sounds very interesting.

The Clio doesn't sound that bad. I accually like driving that little buzz box around every now and then ;)

Wayn*z

Ah, it's good to see there's people interested in taking part in this series. Allrighty then, let's get to business. :D

I've already taken action and changed the thread title accordingly. I've also posted a poll question that will be up for a limited time between now and when the first round of the series starts. Regardless of the results, it should make for a interesting series. ;)

I'm almost done finalizing the rules for the series, and they'll be posted in this thread in a couple of days. The format of each round of the series will be a Hot-lap qualifying session followed by the race as determind by the results of the voting. As to what the point system will be like, I can tell you that there'll be points paid out for the Top 3 Qualifiers as well as the top 6, 8 or 20 finishers depending on the number of competitors registered by time the first Round of the series starts. Also, all drivers who participate in the Round will receive 1 point for taking part.

Last week, I was talking with RACECAR via AIM and I shared the schedule for the series with him, and he thought it sounded really good. Let me know if you agree with him or not.

Pre-Season Test Schedule
  1. Tsukuba Circuit August 20th - 26th, 2007
  2. Special Stage Route 5 August 27th - September 2nd, 2007
  3. Infineon Raceway Sports Car Course September 3rd - 10th, 2007
GTPlanet Clio Cup Schedule
  1. Mid-Field Raceway September 11th - 23rd, 2007
  2. Suzuka Circuit September 24th - October 7th, 2007
  3. Cote d' Azur October 8th - October 21st, 2007
  4. Apricot Hill October 22nd - November 4th, 2007
  5. Twin Ring Motegi Road Course November 5th - 18th, 2007
  6. Seattle Circuit November 19th - December 2nd, 2007
  7. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca December 3rd - 16th, 2007
  8. Fuji Speedway 2005 December 17th, 2007 - January 13th, 2008
  9. Autumn Ring January 14th - 27th, 2008
  10. Grand Valley Speedway January 28th - February 10th, 2008
The duration for each Pre-Season round will be a week(Monday-Sunday), while each round in the Clio Cup season will be contested over a 2 week period. Reason being that the participants have other GTPlanet series that they are comitted to and/or have other things to take care of in real-life and I thought I'd take those things into consideration.:)

Besides a Drivers Championship, I'm also condering having a Team Cup Championship for this series and possibly a Nations Cup if possible. What do you think of it?

If anyone has any questions, suggestions, or comments post here and I'll see what I can do.;)

And with all that out of the way, let the signups begin!:D

If you would like to race in the GTPlanet Clio Cup, please post your registration on this thread with the following information.
Code:
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I]Driver Name:[/I] (Your name here)[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I]Nationality:[/I] (Your Country here)[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I]Car Number:[/I][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS](Your Car # here. Choose from 0, 2-99, 00-09)[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I]Sponsor:  [/I](Your Car Sponsor here)[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I]Team: [/I](Your Team Name here)[/FONT]
There's no deadline to register for the series, but we hope to see you at the track soon!:sly:

GTPlanet Clio Cup Rules

Copyright © CAMikaze, RACECAR & TS, you may not copy, redistribute or reuse these rules without our permission.

Section 1 - Proper driving techniques.

1.1 - These rules are derived from the GTP OLR rules, if you are unfamiliar with these rules, read on.

1.2 - You must keep at least 2 of the 4 wheels of your car on the paved surface of the track at ALL times. (rumble strips are counted as pavement)

1.3 - *Any contact made with a non-paved surface or with walls/guardrails will be considered as ‘dirty’ laps and will not be counted.

1.32 - *In the race, unless you were forced off the track and/or into the guardrails by one of the AI cars, you must take a Drive-Through Penalty the next time you come by the pit entrance.

1.4 - **LIGHT contact with cars on the track is permitted (i.e. love tap), but heavy contact (i.e bump ‘n run.) is not permitted and you will be penalized.

*Indicates that you as a driver are responsible for making the judgment call.
**Indicates that the game (GT4) will make the call for you in the form of a forced pit stop.

Section 2 - Points

2.1 - Drivers Championship (Clio Cup Championship)

2.12 - The basic finishing positions that will play a vital role in the championship:
Code:
1st - 32
2nd - 28
3rd - 25
4th - 22
5th - 20
6th - 18
7th - 16
8th - 14
9th - 12
10th - 11
11th - 10
12th - 9
13th - 8
14th - 7
15th - 6
16th - 5
17th - 4
18th - 3
19th - 2
20th - 1

2.13 - There will also be points paid out for the top 3 qualifiers that will count only towards the Drivers Championship:
Code:
1st - 3
2nd - 2
3rd - 1

2.14 - One 1 point will be paid to each driver who takes part in each round of the Championship (Participation Point).

2.142 To earn the Participation Point the driver must have competed in Qualifying and both Sprint and Feature Races.

2.15 One point will be paid out to the driver who does the Fastest Lap in each race.

2.2 - Team Championship (Clio Team Cup)

2.22 - Each team must consist of at least 2 but no more than 3 drivers to be eligible for the Team Championship.

2.23 - Only points scored the teams top 2 finishers in the race count towards the Team Championship.

2.232 - The points the team earns in the race is based on the Drivers Championship scoring table.

2.233 - Participation, Qualifying and Fastest Lap Points are not figured into the Team Championship standings.

2.3 - Independent Championship (Clio Independent Cup)

2.32 - Only Drivers who are on one-car teams and Independent drivers are elgible for the Independent Championship.

2.33 - The points the driver earns in the race is based on the Drivers Championship scoring table.

2.332 - Participation, Qualifying and Fastest Lap Points are included in the Independent Championship standings.

2.4 - Nations Cup Championship (Clio Nations Cup)

2.42 - The Points Table that will be used in the Nations Cup Championship:
Code:
1st - 15
2nd - 12
3rd - 10
4th - 8
5th - 6
6th - 5
7th - 4
8th - 3
9th - 2
10th - 1

2.43 - To be eligible for the Nations Cup, each country in the Clio Cup series must be represented by at least 2 drivers.

2.432 - For the nations that are represented by one driver, they will be representing "Team GTPlanet"

2.433 - Should one of the countries enter another driver during the course of the season(Driver B), the driver from that country currently in the series(Driver A) will join Driver B in a new Nations Cup team and have the points that Driver A earned to that point in the season be transferred to the new Nations Cup teams total

2.44 - Only the teams top 2 finishers without repeats will score the Nations Cup points for their team

Section 3 - Penalties

3.1 - As stated in section 1.3, if you do make contact with an unpaved surface or any walls/guardrails, you will be responsible for making the call on whether or not the incident was clean or dirty.

3.2 - As stated in section 1.4, if you make heavy contact with other cars on track, that you would be forced by the game (GT4) to come to pit road, which means that you must enable the ‘Forced Pit Entry’ option in the race section of the options menu.

3.3 - No matter what circumstances, you are not allowed to use any form of cheat, gameshark code or hybrid to give you or your team an unfair advantage against everyone else.

3.4 - You are not allowed to modify what car settings that the GTP Clio Cup stewards assing for a specific race again, to prevent giving certain teams an unfair advantage.

3.5 - You are to have your times submitted by the deadline posted in the Race thread.

Section 4 - Consequences

NOTE: The penalties mentioned in sections 3.1 & 3.2 will not count against you unless if you think otherwise

4.1 - If we (the GTP Clio Cup Stewards) ever find out that you cheated, gamesharked or used a hybrid to give yourself an performance/handling advantage against everyone else, you will automatically be suspeneded for 3 races. The amount of races that you are suspened for will depend on the serverity. You will also be docked 20 driver points.

4.2 - If we (the GTP Clio Cup Stewards) became aware that you modified the car settings for a specific race, your times for that specific race (both qualifying & race) will be disallowed.

4.3 - As stated in Rule 3.5, if the times are not submitted by the deadline listed in the post thread, penalties will be assesed as explained in Rule 6.2.

Section 5 - Qualifying and Race Procedures

5.1 - Race qualifying & the race itself must be done in Arcade mode only! We won't accept submissions that were done in Simulation mode

5.12 - You may use only the Racing Hard/Racing Hard front/rear tire combination for both qualifying, and the race.

5.13 - You are also allowed the use of the driving aids (TCS & ASM) for qualifying & the race.

5.14 - You may use only the following settings for the car in Qualifying and the Race

5.142 - Power must be set at 261 HP (-11)

5.143 - Weight must be set at 1058 kg (-8)

5.144 - Top Speed must be set at 260 km/h (0)

5.2 - Qualifying must be performed in time trial mode

5.22 - You are allowed to run as many laps in qualifying as you wish. Make sure you submit your fastest qualifying lap when you are sending your race times.

5.3 - The race must be done via the Quick Race menu. (Yes, you will be racing with the AI.)

5.32 - The settings for the AI must be at least Level +5 and on Racing: Hard tires.

5.33 - The Tire Wear setting must be set at Mild

Section 6 - Race Information Submitting

6.1 When you submit your race/qualifying information, you must submit it in a format exactly like or similar to the following:

6.12 For the Pre-Season Test 1 & 2
Code:
Driver: [Your name here]
Car #: [Your car # here]

Best Practice Lap: [Your fastest practice lap time here including sector times]

6.13 For Pre-Season Test #3 and Race
Code:
Driver: [Your name here]
Car#: [Your car # here]

Best Practice Lap: [Your fastest practice lap time here including sector times]

Race Time: [The time it took for you to complete the race]
Best Lap: [Your fastest race lap here]

6.14 For the Clio Cup Races
Code:
Driver (Country): [Your name and country you represent here]
Car#: [Your car # here]
Team: [The team you're racing for here]

Best Qualifying Lap: [Your fastest qualifying lap time here]

Sprint Race
Best Lap: [Your fastest race lap]

Feature Race
Best Lap: [Your fastest race lap]

6.2 All times must be submitted by PM to CAMikaze and RACECAR by the deadline listed on the the Race thread.

6.22 Should the time submission be sent in after the deadline has passed, a time penalty of 1 second for every minute it is sent in by will be assesed to the Qualifying and Race times.

6.23 Should the time submission not be sent in to the GTP Clio Cup Stewards by 2 hours after the deadline has passed, the times sent in after then will not be counted in the results and the driver will not be classified in the Qualifying and Race Results.

These rules are subject to change. Last updated: November 18th, 2007

GTPlanet Clio Cup Entry List

Code:
[Car # Name (Country), Sponsor, Team]
# 0 CAMikaze (USA), Oakley, Racerworkz Team CCS
# 3 flat-beat-eric (RSA), KMA Products, KMA Racing
# 5 RACECAR (USA), Gran Turismo 5 prologue, Racerworkz Team CCS
# 6 AyJay (AUS), Privateer, Independent
#12 Coke (HUN), Coca-Cola, Independent
#13 mnm_bmx (MAL), Red Bull, Petronas Team Malaysia
#15 Agent_Smith (HUN), Unsponsored, Szabolcsi Betyar's
#17 ranhammerR34 (USA), Dewalt Power Tools, Roush-Fenway Dewalt Clio Racing
#19 Sliderman(Hun) (HUN), Unsponsored, Szabolcsi Betyar's
#20 Sparrow(Hun) (HUN), Unsponsored, Szabolcsi Betyar's
#23 Smokalot (CHI, Belmont Light/Eristoff, Independent
#26 TS (USA), BFGoodrich Tires/Camping World, TS-R Motorsports
#27 Superhero Wally (USA), Michelin, Independent
#31 Carlito (HUN), Studio Quality, Bad Boys Racing
#33 SammiTougeGirl (GBR), Enkei Wheels, Independent
#41 Fantomas40 (HUN), Big Bang Service, Bad Boys Racing
#42 CardcaptorYoshi (USA), Kyoto Animation, Independent
#43 Optikal (USA), Unsponsored, NightWatchers
#46 REDWINGS (HUN), Unsponsored, Independent
#52 Daddy-O (USA), Old Crow Whiskey, RobisonRacingResearch
#55 nige (GBR), Moose Products Ltd, NightWatchers
#57 BigdaddyGT (USA), NOS, Suprema Motorsports
#66 azevedojose (POR), Vodafone, Mecos Works
#69 Tyre King (GBR), Sanatogen, DrewpyBalls Comedy Racing
#70 dued (USA), Unsponsored, Independent
#76 GTXDriver (HUN), Exxon, Independent
#77 Pepe13 (HUN), Privateer, Independent
#80 Ren-Tec (GBR), Castrol/BP, TitanAC
#84 Ubul (HUN), SCPH-50004, Analog
#88 Delfino (AUS), Virgin, Red Rock Racing
#90 Stevisiov90 (GBR), Dimma, Pink Sunshine
#99 Venari (GBR), Trotters Independent Traders, Pink Sunshine
#07 Arora (USA), Castrol/BP, TitanAC
#09 Serge.D (BEL), Route 66 Belgium, Loosetou

Clio Team Cup Entries

Bad Boys Racing
Code:
#31 Carlito (HUN)
#41 Fantomas40 (HUN)
NightWatchers
Code:
#43 Optikal (USA)
#55 nige (GBR)
Pink Sunshine
Code:
#90 Stevisiov90 (GBR)
#99 Venari (GBR)
Racerworkz Team CCS
Code:
#0 CAMikaze (USA)
#5 RACECAR (USA)
Szabolcsi Betyar's
Code:
#15 Agent_Smith (HUN)
#19 Sliderman(Hun) (HUN)
#20 Sparrow(Hun) (HUN)
TitanAC
Code:
#80 Ren-Tec (GBR)
#07 Arora (USA)

Clio Independent Cup Entries
Code:
[Car # Name (Country), Team]
# 3 flat-beat-eric (RSA), KMA Racing
# 6 AyJay (AUS), Independent
#12 Coke (HUN), Independent
#13 mnm_bmx (MAL), Petronas Team Malaysia
#17 ranhammerR34 (USA), Roush-Fenway Dewalt Clio Racing
#23 Smokalot (CHI), Independent
#26 TS (USA), TS-R Motorsports
#27 Superhero Wally (USA), Independent
#33 SammiTougeGirl (GBR), Independent
#42 CardcaptorYoshi (USA), Independent
#46 REDWINGS (HUN), Independent
#52 Daddy-O (USA), RobisonRacingResearch
#57 BigdaddyGT (USA), Suprema Motorsports
#66 azevedojose (POR), Mecos Works
#69 Tyre King (GBR), DrewpyBalls Comedy Racing
#70 dued (USA), Independent
#76 GTXDriver (HUN), Independent
#77 Pepe13 (HUN), Independent
#84 Ubul (HUN), Analog
#88 Delfino (AUS), Red Rock Racing
#09 Serge.D (BEL), Loosetou

Clio Nations Cup Entries
Team GBR
Code:
[Car # Name]
#33 SammiTougeGirl
#55 nige
#69 Tyre King
#80 Ren-Tec
#90 Stevisiov90
#99 Venari
Team USA
Code:
[Car # Name]
# 0 CAMikaze
# 5 RACECAR
#17 ranhammerR34
#26 TS 
#27 Superhero Wally
#42 CardcaptorYoshi 
#43 Optikal
#52 Daddy-O
#57 BigdaddyGT
#70 dued
#07 Arora
Team HUN
Code:
[Car # Name]
#12 Coke
#15 Agent_Smith
#19 Sliderman(Hun)
#20 Sparrow(Hun)
#31 Carlito
#41 Fantomas40
#46 REDWINGS
#76 GTXDriver
#77 Pepe13
#84 Ubul
Team AUS
Code:
[Car # Name]
# 6 AyJay
#88 Delfino
Team GTPlanet
Code:
[Car # Name (Country)]
# 3 flat-beat-eric (RSA)
#13 mnm_bmx (MAL)
#23 Smokalot (CHI)
#66 azevedojose (POR)
#09 Serge.D (BEL)

Time I'd get the ball rolling on the Entries.;)
Code:
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I]Driver Name:[/I] CAMikaze[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I]Nationality:[/I] USA[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I]Car Number:[/I][/FONT] #[FONT=Comic Sans MS]0[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I]Sponsor:  [/I]Oakley[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I]Team: [/I]TBD[/FONT]

I may/may not enter depending on the condition (but i'll try my best to do all of the races.I can't miss this series over anything!Clio Cup?Just look at my avatar and sig! :D) Yeah,when will the test session start?and can i add you on msn if i have any further questions?

Driver Name: mnm_bmx
Nationality: Malaysia
Car Number: #13
Sponsor: PanGlobal
Team: Team Malaysia

(i know....this is almost like Alex Yoong's sponsors in A1.Don't care about it though.....)

I shall go for this one. Sign me up. Looks fun 👍

Driver : nige
Nationality: UK
Car Number : #55
Sponsor: Moose Products Ltd
Team : TeamUK

Happy racing,

nige

Here's my entry!👍

Driver Name: Tyre King
Nationality: English
Car Number: #69
Sponsor: Sanatogen
Team: DrewpyBalls Comedy Racing

Neil

Driver Name : Delfino
Nationality : Aussie
Car Number : # 88
Sponsor : Virgin
Team : Red Rock Racing

A 'sprint' race should be less than half the distance of the feature race .. just my opinion .

Marty

I'm in.

Driver Name : Venari
Nationality : British
Car Number : # 99
Sponsor : Trotters Independent Traders
Team : Pink Sunshine

A 'sprint' race should be less than half the distance of the feature race .. just my opinion .

Yeah!
I'll go along with that sentiment Marty.👍

Neil

As for format I think a 20-30 mile sprint and a timed race would be a unique combo, but at any rate, I'm in.
Driver name: Daddy-O
Nationality: Born in the USA
Car Number: 13
Sponsor: Old Crow Whiskey
Team: RobisonRacingResearch

I did a semi-similar thing in the short-race series forum called Mazda Cup. it was very well received, problem was with the administrator and his lack of motivation (too much RL stuff to do.) But the series was well-liked. very good racing because of the spec cars, with drivers showing off their skills at various tracks.

Not sure when this will be starting, but I might also be interested in running this series as well. With about 5-6 weeks of GTPLMS to go, this might be something for the long winter months...if JGTC (SuperGT?) stalls out.

c

Entry List updated. 9 entries so far in the first 18+ hours! I just hope I got the 3-letter designations for some of the countries right.:embarrassed: Keep them coming guys. And it wouldn't be a bad idea to sperad word of this competition around to other GTPlanet members.:sly:👍

Marty
Yeah!
I'll go along with that sentiment Marty.👍

Neil
**has a Could've-had-a-V8 Moment** Now why didn't I think of putting in a Real Name line in the registration form?:embarrassed: But anyways, I thought I'd use the distances for the Sprint and Feature race to closely emulate what goes on in the real-life Clio Cup series. I might look into this a little further.

As for format I think a 20-30 mile sprint and a timed race would be a unique combo, but at any rate, I'm in.
Driver name: Daddy-O
Nationality: Born in the USA
Car Number: 13
Sponsor: Old Crow Whiskey
Team: RobisonRacingResearch
I'm afraid #13 is already taken Daddy-O. Do you have another number in mind?

I myself would love to race in this series. I'm very interested.

With about 5-6 weeks of GTPLMS to go, this might be something for the long winter months...if JGTC (SuperGT?) stalls out.

c

I find that strange. What has happended to that series?

Driver Name:Serge.D
Nationality:Belgium (Bel)
Car Number:09
Sponsor:Route 66 Belgium
Team:Loosetou

I would love to race, but RL keeps my drive time to a minimum.
But It sounds like a fun race.
In GT3, the Clio and Griffith were the main competition in the Rome Enduro (Passage to Colleseo) if you ran it "fair". And they kept the "pucker factor" high.👍

With about 5-6 weeks of GTPLMS to go, this might be something for the long winter months...if JGTC (SuperGT?) stalls out.
I find that strange. What has happended to that series?
eatsviper4lunch has been running that series since it's inception on GTPlanet a long while ago. But I haven't seen him online for quite some time. I just hope he hasn't left GTPlanet altogether. It would be a shame to see a great series such as GTPJGTC go to waste. :guilty:
Driver Name:Serge.D
Nationality:Belgium (Bel)
Car Number:09
Sponsor:Route 66 Belgium
Team:Loosetou
OK Serge, you've been added to the Entry List.:sly:
Gil
I would love to race, but RL keeps my drive time to a minimum.
But It sounds like a fun race.
And it's starting to shape up to be a fun series!;) There's no pressure for you or anyone else to sign up right away, but you are welcome sign up at anytime.:)

This is a dumb question,well hear it goes.....

Where the races are going to be run at?GT mode or Arcade mode?
If it was arcade mode then maybe i have a problem :guilty: like sometimes my game would actually hang when i am picking a circuit (especially the Real World Circuits) so maybe it would be hard for me to race? But maybe if i went to buy another copy of the game,then that would solve my problems :P

And if there is another suggestion,i would greatly appreciate it.(if its not too much trouble that is....)

Latest Posts

Back