GTPlanet Clio Cup Interest and Signup

• Thread starter CAMikaze
  • 138 comments

What should the race format for each round be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a dumb question,well hear it goes.....

Where the races are going to be run at?GT mode or Arcade mode?
If it was arcade mode then maybe i have a problem :guilty: like sometimes my game would actually hang when i am picking a circuit (especially the Real World Circuits) so maybe it would be hard for me to race? But maybe if i went to buy another copy of the game,then that would solve my problems :P

And if there is another suggestion,i would greatly appreciate it.(if its not too much trouble that is....)

First thing to try is to, and I know this sounds daft, but get some wax based furniture polish and use it on the disk. It will slightly improve the surface of the disk if it's scratched, because the wax fills in the scratches and is clear when dry.
Second is to get a 'CD lens cleaner' disk from a HI-FI store, and run that through a few times.
Third, is to go to a game-store, and get another copy of the game! It's a classic now, so is available for under a tenner in this country (£10/$20).

But I would think that these races will be in 'Arcade mode', GT-mode is too easy to cheat at.

Neil

I dont have much experience with the clio but Ill give it a go.:lol:
But 99 and 66 are taken.
Ill have the black one then.:)

Driver Name: SammiTougeGirl
Nationality: GBR
Car Number: #33
Sponsor: Enkei Wheels
Team: -

This sounds like a fun series... I'll also have a go!
I haven't found a sponsor yet, may be I need to impress some people before I get mine. So for now, I am paying for my own seat :(

Driver Name: Optikal
Nationality: Indian (IND)
Car No.: 43
Sponsor: None

err, before I commit myslef to entering, do I need a max drive? If I don't need one then I am in.

Driver Name: RACECAR
Nationality: USA
Car Number: 5
Sponsor: Gran Turismo 5 prologue
Team: Racerworkz

Have changed my Car number to #55.
OKies, that change has been recorded. ;)

This is a dumb question,well hear it goes.....

Where the races are going to be run at?GT mode or Arcade mode?
But I would think that these races will be in 'Arcade mode', GT-mode is too easy to cheat at.
You would be correct Tyre King. This will be a Arcade Mode series.

I dont have much experience with the clio but Ill give it a go.:lol:
But 99 and 66 are taken.
Ill have the black one then.:)

Driver Name: SammiTougeGirl
Nationality: GBR
Car Number: #33
Sponsor: Enkei Wheels
:odd: That's funny Sammi, I thought you would be the very first person after me to sign up for the series given the fact you drive a Clio in the GTPLMS series. And quite nicely, I might add.:D

This sounds like a fun series... I'll also have a go!
I haven't found a sponsor yet, may be I need to impress some people before I get mine. So for now, I am paying for my own seat :(
Hey
Optikal, you can always put one in if you want to. Maybe it's for a product that you like or a business you work at or do business with. Just a couple of suggestions.;)👍
err, before I commit myslef to entering, do I need a max drive? If I don't need one then I am in.
So this is for GT4... good...
as long as we don't need max drive, I'm in too.
Nope, no Max Drive needed.:D

Driver Name: RACECAR
Car Number: 5
Sponsor: Gran Turismo 5 prologue
Team: Racerworkz
Hey RACECAR, how's things?:D:tup:

How about 13x? otherwise how's 52?
52? That'll do.;)👍

Entry List Updated:sly:

So as of the writing of this post, that makes 13 entries with drivers representing 8 countries(USA and GBR with more than 1 driver each). Still no multi-car teams yet. For those of you who are yet unaffiliated with a team, ask around if someone is looking for a teammate to race with. Same with those of you who have a Team Name in your entry.;)

Also, and if it's possible for you, have a link to the signup thread for this series in your SIG file.

Hey
Optikal, you can always put one in if you want to. Maybe it's for a product that you like or a business you work at or do business with. Just a couple of suggestions.;)👍
yeah I know... I tried my boss to sponsor me for this series. But he wants me to prove myself before he agrees for me to put his company's name on my car :rolleyes:. This is my first series you know. Says if I can score a point, he would think again :banghead:
Ah well, let's see... you know these bosses...:irked:

Hey RACECAR, how's things?:D:tup:
Pretty good. Yesterday, I came to the realization that I didn't have the car so I went and won the car yesterday then posted the entry. And the car is fun to drive btw.

Right then I am in,

Driver: Stevisiov90
Car number: 90
Car advertisement: Dimma
team name: n/a (err, can't think of anything witty)

Have we got any new info on the event, i.e. how it is going to work, what the rules are etc...

Right then I am in,

Driver: Stevisiov90
Car number: 90
Car advertisement: Dimma
team name: n/a (err, can't think of anything witty)
Thanks for your entry. Entry List Updated :sly:👍

Have we got any new info on the event, i.e. how it is going to work, what the rules are etc...
Thanks for the reminder about the rules. I'll get to work on posting them. I'll also be adding the competition dates to the schedule as soon as I can. Maybe I can put in a break in the schedule for the holidays if the conditions permit it?

I'm in, I love driving the clio.

Driver Name: TS
Car Number: 26
Sponsor: BFGoodrich Tires/Camping World
Team: TS-R Motorsports

Yup, TS, you're in. :D

Going back to writing up the rules now.;)

EDIT: Attention everyone, the Rules have been posted.:D If anyone has any questions, please post here and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.;)

Very good I am going to plus rep that, just because it deserves it.

A few clarifications; I think its point 1.3, about the guard rails and going off track, it is for us to judge, but if we do deem it to be off track, what do we do about it, do we give ourselves a drive through penalty?

Also about the cheating point, I will not be able to provide a video through the max drive, but I could video the first few laps of the race, and then you can judge whether may lap pace fits with my overall time.

Either way, its nice to partake in an online racing event, my lack of Max drive prevents me from being in the WRS.

Uh... the Clio Cup car, -8% weight is 1058kg, not 1158kg as stated in the rules post.

Alos, my stock gearbox setting is 260km, not '0'.

Do I get a cookie? :)

Uh... the Clio Cup car, -8% weight is 1058kg, not 1158kg as stated in the rules post.

I PM'd CAMikaze about this this morning. Do I get a packet of cookies ? :)

nige

I PM'd CAMikaze about this this morning. Do I get a packet of cookies ? :)
**Opens up a packet of Oreo Cakesters and hands them out** One for you, and one for you.:D Thanks for pointing out the typo bug guys, that's been taken care of. And I was just about to look up what the 'stock setting' on the cars gearbox too. So that rule has been updated.;)

And in response to Stevisiov90's question, unless you were forced off the track and/or into the guardrails by one of the AI cars, you must take a DTP the next time you come by the pit entrance.
DTP = Drive-Through Penalty

I hope that answers your question.:sly:👍

Hi everyone!
I am interested in running the Clio.
I'd like to join if possible.

Driver Name: Fantomas40
Nationality: Hungary
Car Number: #41
Sponsor: Big Bang Service
Team: N.A.

Just for a gauge, when does the official testing start, I can hardly wait you see, so I am going to put it up on my calender

Hi everyone!
I am interested in running the Clio.
I'd like to join if possible.

Driver Name: Fantomas40
Nationality: Hungary
Car Number: #41
Sponsor: Big Bang Service
Team: N.A.
OK Fantomas40, your entry has been accepted, and the Entrty List has been accordingly updated. :sly:👍 For the sake of asking, do you go to the Hungaroring often for the races?

Just for a gauge, when does the official testing start, I can hardly wait you see, so I am going to put it up on my calender
Everyone, I just posted the dates next to each round on the schedule here. Have a look at it and tell me what you think of it. Also, should I put a break in the schedule for the Christmas holidays? I thought I'd ask that question now before we get to that point in the schedule.

Personally for me, the schedule looks alright. I would be joining a new sponsor (:D) early Jan, so a break would be bad. Moreover, I don't have that much to do during the Christmas break, so I will probably end up having more time for racing...

Yes, looks good, oh and I think it should run through the holidays, many people have a lot of time on their hands, so hopefully we should see some quick times

Good work so far :cheers:

Hey this is a great idea! :D Here is my entry!

Driver Name: ranhammerR34 (real name: Randy Woods Morgan)
Nationality: United States of America (Indianapolis, IN)
Car Number: #17
Sponsor: Dewalt Power Tools (Just painted like Matt Kenseth's Car)
Team: Roush-Fenway Dewalt Clio Racing

Can't wait till testing! :)

And if anyone want to join the team go right ahead! :D

Randy Woods Morgan

Hey this is a great idea! :D Here is my entry!

Driver Name: ranhammerR34 (real name: Randy Woods Morgan)
Nationality: United States of America (Indianapolis, IN)
Car Number: #17
Sponsor: Dewalt Power Tools (Just painted like Matt Kenseth's Car)
Team: Roush-Fenway Dewalt Clio Racing

Can't wait till testing! :)
OK Randy, we have you're entry and you're on the list!:sly:👍 Hopefully you can get a person or two to join up with you on your team! We can use a few more Teams for the Team Cup competition.;)

And in case anyone here is wondering; to have a team be eligible for the Team Cup, a team must have at least 2 members. Also, only the first two members of the team that finishes in the points in the race will score points for their respective team.

Onto another aspect of the Points system now. We already have about 17 drivers registered. If we do not get at least 20 registered by time the opening Round of the series starts, should we have a points table set up that pays points to the top 15 finishers in the Drivers Championship?

Oops.:ouch: I also forgot to mention in the rules about the Fastest Lap of the race also will be scoring points towards the Drivers Championship. I'll update the Rules whenever I get the chance.:)

Scoring system sounds good, the more people who score points, the competition we will see in the lower ranks, so it sounds good.

Also I forget if there was a rule about no time discussing, but time discussion should only happen within teams.

and for a team, i didn't pick one to start with, I will see if Venari wants to make an ocho team.

Looking for a UK/European/PAL based team-mate in this series?

Shoot me a PM!

I would prefer someone with a Maxdrive so that replays can be exchanged if possible.

Neil

Back