Vehicle Specifics:
  • Power: ( 20%) 191 hp
  • Weight: (-10%) 1008 kg
  • Driving Aids: Any
  • Top Speed: N/A
  • Transmission: Any
  • Tyre Type: Front Sports - Soft / Rear Sports - Hard
Week 132 Race Specifics:
All hard pavement is part of the track and please don't forget we drive with different tire compound on the front and rear.

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay ('Save Ghost Replay' icon)
Thread rules:
The following info cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • lap time
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time
Submission:
All submissions must be sent by PM to me
(sjaak68):
  • you can submit only once per race
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and final lap time
  • deadline is Monday 5 November 6 pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site
Time verification:
Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted:
  • all gold times each week will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide a replay before the next race deadline
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from WRS results
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified

Looks cool, I like the tire twist there :) Should be fun!

Jerome

The tire choice looks interesting - it can be pretty tail happy for a front driver so I'm curious to see how this drives.

And mine will have to be Dark Silver and White since that's what's in my driveway (too bad this isn't GT mode so I could fit the black OZ Ultraleggeras I just got from the Tire Rack). :sly:

And if in the future we could do a Neon and the RS6 that would let me virtually race all my cars (well, it's really my wife's A6, not RS6, but close enough :rolleyes:) since we also did the Z4 a while back.

I tried this one, and I must ask if this car with these tires is supposed do steer...

0'28.642
1'07.840 (lost 0.4)

...with TCS

I guess I'll be one of the first "slowpokes" to check in::sly:

1'12.181

I think I left plenty out there:crazy:

second slowpoke report
1st 10 laps
T1 30.080
T2 1'10.606
tcs active
unlike last week i haven't been off track, yet :odd:
last week took 10 or so to stay on track, at least :scared:
has anyone tried drifting w/ some e/brake action ?
looks like some corners could benefit w/ that action :sly:
probably w/out tcs
maybe just for fun i'll try :crazy:

'nother slowpoke checking in

T-1 0'29.930
T-2 1'10.528

In the few runs I did, I wound up shaving off 8 seconds from my initial lap time :scared: And that's WITHOUT TCS

i don't know if it's just me, but shouldn't a little thing like this be more fun to drive?! completely backwards of last weeks feel of getting loose with the throttle. now if i could only left foot brake like that guy from the gumtape death match from intital d! i'm fighting the whole tcs issue again this week.

First session

1:09.826

No TCS, Turbo Disabled, Afterburners off, handbrake maybe on just a little.

Didn't end up submitting last week as I was at SFGTP-2 all weekend and the only moderately fast lap I had clipped the wall slightly on the first hairpin. It was a lot of fun anyway, even though the only challenge I was able to put up was fending off being lapped. Thanks to Nick (SmallHorses) for hosting, and the others for letting me kick their feet so hard with my *ss.

Ran a quick 20 minute session tonight. Traveling for the rest of the week, but I should have a little time to improve on this next weekend. Tried with and without TCS, my best lap is without. Splits -

1:09.814

Hmm, interesting. I'm not a huge fan of the track, so I'm not too enthused about the combo to begin with, but the hard tires on the back make the car nervous, in an unbalanced sort of way. The car in theory(like in real life) is well balanced for a FWD car, but this just feels weird/awkward. But I guess that's part of the challenge, eh?

4th lap in, no TCS:
T1: 28.960
T2: 1'08.576
T3: Lost a few tenths here... :)

I'll probably come back to the combo once or twice to put in a decent effort, but definitely nothing like last week's combo.

the board

first lousy lap in this lousy :) car and i'm even faster than ron :dopey: haven't tried it yet without tcs but that should be a blast :ill:

edit second set of laps without tcs
t1 29.644 ???even faster than gigi in div2???
t2 1.10.621 that's more like me

superfast t1 shows i can do much better at the rest of the track!

edit third set of rings, tried with tcs on but the throttle control is nicer without so i dumped it again:
t1 29.668
t2 1.10.222

beginning to unresent it :sly:

edit beginning to LIKE it :D
t1 29.964
t2 1.09.946
s/f found a whole second in the final corners!

I guess i'll enter the wrs again to improve my driving skills, so that i can maybe compete with Sjaak in the future :)

Expect a time from me this week.

...and the others for letting me kick their feet so hard with my *ss.
Now thats classic right there, havnt heard that saying in years:D

Wish there were more WRS racers in SA so we could join forces aka PS2's,
should've done it back when i was still in the UK i suppose:guilty:

well, here they are after my first session T1 = 28.944 T2 = 1'08.476

without tcs

My kind of guy. No tcs!! a loose car is a fast car eh?? 👍

Then how come I'm so slow:ouch:

Steven, I wouldn't be bragging about being faster than me.........the whole world is faster than me :) but, I assure you no one has more fun:cheers:

It seems to me that when engaged, tcs determines the shift points according to its designed purpose, namely traction. Since I am not looking for traction, only speed, the tcs and I are at odds in certain points of the track. The tcs just takes away too many rpm's at critical junctures. Actually, I'm having the hardest time trying to hear my tires under acceleration because of all the:censored: fans blowing those horns!!! I tried adjusting the sound effects, but it's an all-or-nothing type of thing. If that remains my biggest disappointment, I'll have a good week!:) Race on!!👍:cheers:

Steven, I wouldn't be bragging about being faster than me.........the whole world is faster than me
no bragging mate, just wondered & curious :) and you're wrong, the whole world is faster than ME :cool:

but, I assure you no one has more fun
funny, i always thought that was me :lol:

Then how come I'm so slow
if this captain slow may give you some advice: be very slow before every corner, hit the gas and exit quick (as usual duh...) but here it seems extra important. in the part before t1 it's all about the rythm to get thru all those corners alive. it seems like the slower you try to be, the faster your laptimes are.

Just did a 28.533 but braked a wisper too late and the ghost got past & so thats when the real fun starts... trying to catch up without that non-important virtue....
..think its called patience.... yea yea thats it, the one i never got dealt:dunce:

Saw faster T2 but was slower overall

Its only tuesday yet it feels like im all maxd out:ill:
Does anybody elsy feel like restarting just to drive the car straight into the scenery?!?!?

Thanks Steve. I'm starting to get a feel for it now.👍

1'10.429

still don't care for tcs! :grumpy:

T1 30.235
T2 110.027
w/ tcs

T1 29.899
T2 110.445
no tcs

see a lot of low 29s & hi 109s but too close to dirty :indiff:

You boys from CT. are tough to keep up with.:crazy: 01gtp and the gang led by "Jake", don't you guys work??:sly:

hey gtbadboy
chukabilly use to work for the same
boss that i have so he'll understand this :yuck:
i was tired of waiting for the boss, :grumpy:
so came home to race, beside other things :)

First little 20 minute session..

T1: 29.038
T2: 1'08.781

No TCS, naturally :)

I quite like the car, it's actually a challenge to control it... I may even start trying to use manual gears if the competition gets as stiff as last week :D

yes, i certainly understand. i don't miss him in my life. The only good thing is that it leaves more time for racing.

Back