GT4 WRS Week 132 : MINI @ Autumn Ring

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 126 comments
Nice to see "Hugo" in there this week.👍

Ran about ten laps this morning with little improvement. Alas I leave for D.C. Philly, and Baltimore this morning and return home Sat. eve. Looks like I'll be burning the midnight oil Sunday to get a decent lap in. Good luck to all.:cheers:

Aaah, I love the smell of burning rubber in the morning!!! Here's to another great day of racing.👍 :) 👍

First attempt and not too quick yet.

First couple of laps I wasn't too crazy about the balancce of the car but once I figured out to drive it more like the RUF and less like an FF the times came down

1:08.641

I got up early to try again this morning and got a 28.6 and a 1:07.5 but its dirty, tried to really cut the corners in T1...combo's not for me see ya next week guys.

Jerome

No TCS seems OK, but now I'm not getting below 28.7 at t1. 28.6 is possible for me, but I can't find the other 0.3 :scared:

Now joining the D1 pack
0'28.719
1'07.392
could get another 0.2 at the last sector

third try:

T1: 28.964
T2: 1'07.842

Final time hasn't improved much, since i threw it all away in the last sector.
But i give up, it isn't improving anymore.

Finally!!! After eleven hours of racing, interrupted by a couple of hours of phone calls, I finally have some new splits.:)
T1= 29.055
T2= 1'08.030
I will now brew some coffee, and race until I fall, or a 1'07.xxx. I have seen a 28.776 for T1 and 1'07.8xx at T2, but haven't finished it yet.

racing on my own setup tonite
tried tcs but only marginal gains @ T2
Jake's setups ARE comfy :)

Yes, they certainly are. Tonight's choice of coffee is a Honduran Light Roast, a la our local gourmet Super Stop and Shop. Next up, a quick look at the analyzer between my two fastest laps, and then it's nothing but seat time!!! Race on!!!:cheers: By the way, Ken, I'm faster without tcs, so I've dropped it.

well i'll throw down. i don't think i've ever worked so hard fighting with tcs/no tcs. ironically can't even begin to guess the no. of laps i've put in only to have my fastest(clean) lap be from within my first 10 laps. is there any trick to getting over your brain and that little stupid ghost image that keeps showing you mistakes as it pulls away? anyways t1's and t2's

t1-29.103
t2-1.08.380

Well, this might make me a fan of Honduran coffee.
T1= 28.735
T2= 1'07.722
It's been fifteen hours since I started and it may be fifteen hours before I'm finished, but I'm proud of those splits. I've never finished on the podium for D2, or even the top 5, as I remember, but I'm beginning to like my chances!:D
Race on!!!:):cheers:
oh yeah, no tcs

Well, going on 3 a.m. and I've seen some 28.6xx and 1'07.6xx, so I'm chasing Clemi now, but no sight of Herman or Hugo. Legs are cramping, eyes are watering, everything from my shoulders to my fingers are now subject to involuntary twitching. I live for this!! Race on!!!

Second session ...

1:09.334

Bugger Chuk, you need to switch to decaf for a while and let the rest of us catch up a bit. Fifteen hours of racing ... I've only managed to squeeze in two this week, what with Halloween and SFGTP2. Two jobs and three kids just isn't condusive to long uninterrupted racing sessions :(

Second session ...

1:09.334

Bugger Chuk, you need to switch to decaf for a while and let the rest of us catch up a bit. Fifteen hours of racing ... I've only managed to squeeze in two this week, what with Halloween and SFGTP2. Two jobs and three kids just isn't condusive to long uninterrupted racing sessions :(

Hey Strop! Happy Halloween! What's decaf? Haha. Seriously, though, it's not often in my life I get these times, so I'm making the most it. What amazes me is that 15 hours of racing still doesn't get to the top of my division, let alone the leaderboard!!!:boggled:
Besides, if my dream works out I'll be able to be around racing all the time!!👍 I think it would be great to teach people how to drive using a driving simulator, and have the federal government pay for it. Why not?💡

All right, so two hours later I'm still racing. :crazy:
I've been up on my ghost by a couple of tenths, so there may be another session due before the week is up :sly:
But not now. Munchies have overwhelmed me, and after a steak-n-cheese grinder with chips, I can feel that glorious oblivion called sleep beckoning. The only interruption would be if I accidentally woke my wife :mischievous:

This is Jake @ chuk's ! finally got home to run. So after 5 laps with no tcs. Fun!

29.458 / 1'08.581
29.018 / 1'07.888
28.899 / 1'07.677
28.882 / 1'07.593
28.767 / 1'07.487

Yay!! Jake's home and racing. I'm so glad to have someone here to race with!!👍:cheers:
Wait a minute!! That 🤬 just got within a couple of tenths of my times after only ten laps!!:grumpy::banghead::irked::mad::ouch::boggled::nervous:
Two full days of racing shot to hell in twenty minutes. :crazy:
Oh wait, while I've been typing this, he's gone even faster. Screw the coffee, where's the booze? :sly:

Well, if that isn't the Flying Fickle Finger of Fate swooping down to give ole chukabilly a big wet kiss on the lips, less than an hour later, and George shows up with vodka and juice. Glacier Bay and lemonade. Oh, what the hell. It's only Thursday and I should sober back up in time for a run this week-end. :sly:
I may feel that loss of sleep any minute now..zzzzzzzzzzzzz

is there any trick to getting over your brain and that little stupid ghost image that keeps showing you mistakes as it pulls away?

I just push up on the D pad when the ghost starts driving me batty. Makes it disappear.

I'm still out East on Bus, will update my splits this weekend.

Looks like I have my work cut out for me!

Later
Kevin

28.500 seen (28.467)

was actually happy with old splits 'till chuck started nibbling on my bumper:crazy:

Luckly for me George showed up with the vodka:sly:

Hey Clemi, George's vodka I can deal with, but it's been the two 24 oz. Foster's and six-pack (so far) of Budweiser that may be diminishing my driving skills, but I don't think so. Here are my new splits:
T1= 1'59.995
T2= where the hell is that black part I'm supposed to aim for?

Hey!!! I just got lapped by bigracer! Who would have thought he'd be so fast?

Now I'm listening and watching a great Neil Young concert.
So many passions, so little time.

Hey, why is the word concert in green? I know it signals a tab, and I can see where the tab will take me, but I guess it's an inherent trigger in the server.

Don't try this at home.

Why did God create eternity?
To give women time to get there,

Hey Jake, I'm sorry I double-posted because I know you told me not to do tha...oops.

Hey, I want you all to know that I apologize for posting twice in a row without, wait, no, three times in a row without using the edit, oh wait. ****. FOUR times without using the edit function.

1:08.310

That should keep Div3 at bay for a while (holy smokes, who told mtbiker he was Div3???)! Of course the finish sucks lemons ... but you don't know that :) The beautiful swan begins to emerge but chokes on the exhaust of yet another Div2-comeoutofnowhere-bie to be relagated into fifth place.

Sigh ... this is a tough crowd. Still, early days yet and don't think I'm quite maxed out yet. Chuk, time to snort another espresso bean, I'm comin' to get ya!

Hey, I want you all to know that I apologize for posting twice in a row without, wait, no, three times in a row without using the edit, oh wait. ****. FOUR times without using the edit function.
Better be careful... I was given a pointless infraction that is stuck as a pointless reminder because I was the only one online for a few hours, so I put stuff in multiple posts... I mean, it seemed kind of weird to keep posting in the same post, even though hours had gone by, but whatever. Now I have this stupid fawking thing in My GTPlanet that is extremely annoying and frustrating. As if I did something wrong. :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy: F'n stupid. It's not like multiple posts is a hugely wrong thing anyway.

Sorry, I just wish they would get the F rid of it.

[/rant]

Too much beer or too much coffee, or both? :scared: Nice splits chuk. 👍

Second time out and I've picked up a second overall

1:08.199

I know there's a 28.7 and a 1:07.5 out there - just have to find them

Better be careful... I was given a pointless infraction that is stuck as a pointless reminder because I was the only one online for a few hours, so I put stuff in multiple posts... I mean, it seemed kind of weird to keep posting in the same post, even though hours had gone by, but whatever. Now I have this stupid fawking thing in My GTPlanet that is extremely annoying and frustrating. As if I did something wrong. :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy: F'n stupid. It's not like multiple posts is a hugely wrong thing anyway.

Sorry, I just wish they would get the F rid of it.

[/rant]

Thanx Kyle. point taken. :guilty: My apologies to anyone offended, and I will try to be more aware of the sensitivities of on-line communications. I didn't know about the seriousness of it until Jake gave me a hearty "NO! DON"T DO THAT!" Now I know and won't forget. :) Now I'm off to chase clemi!! Race on! 👍👍👍

Better be careful... I was given a pointless infraction that is stuck as a pointless reminder because I was the only one online for a few hours, so I put stuff in multiple posts...
You were given a warning for multiple examples of double posts. Not an infraction.

I mean, it seemed kind of weird to keep posting in the same post, even though hours had gone by, but whatever.
Hours? No. 1 minute.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2607838#post2607838

And I could link you to the other 3 examples I put in your PM if you like. The time gaps there were 6 minutes, 7 minutes and 1 hour 21 minutes with yet another, to make it a triple post, 11 minutes later.

As if I did something wrong.
You did do something wrong.

It's not like multiple posts is a hugely wrong thing anyway.
Which is why you only got a warning, not an infraction.

Let it go.
[/response to rant]

So, chuckabilly, multiple posting is bad. Don't do it, mmmkay.

Back