►TURTLE RACING LEAGUE l Friday Night FLEX Series l Anyone Is Welcome To Join Today!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ph1sh
  • 1,050 comments
  • 51,213 views
Nice pics, Euclid. 👍 Wasn't a huge crowd, but fun nonetheless. Silverfire destroyed us in the first race. He certainly was on fire! I built up a nice lead in race 2 before getting into the wall on lap 13. So I drove the rest of the race with a wounded right front while sweating bullets as BionicDerp slowly, but surely reeled me in. Barely held him off at the end. Had there been 1 more lap, he would have had me. I think all of us made mistakes in those shifter karts at Suzuka for the final race. :lol: I went off a couple of times, once around midway through the race when I caught Severn for the lead. We both slid wide in the final turn. He was able to keep it on track, but I found myself in the quicksand. So I worked hard to chase Severn down again. I was able to get by coming to one to go, and hoped I didn't mess up and could hold him off for just that one lap. He went to make a bold move in the final corner, but went too wide and got sideways as I barely held on for the win again. :crazy:

Great racing with everyone last night! And thanks to Racing for hosting. 👍 Sorry you couldn't make it last night Phish, you would have enjoyed it.
 
Nice pics, Euclid. 👍 Wasn't a huge crowd, but fun nonetheless. Silverfire destroyed us in the first race. He certainly was on fire! I built up a nice lead in race 2 before getting into the wall on lap 13. So I drove the rest of the race with a wounded right front while sweating bullets as BionicDerp slowly, but surely reeled me in. Barely held him off at the end. Had there been 1 more lap, he would have had me. I think all of us made mistakes in those shifter karts at Suzuka for the final race. :lol: I went off a couple of times, once around midway through the race when I caught Severn for the lead. We both slid wide in the final turn. He was able to keep it on track, but I found myself in the quicksand. So I worked hard to chase Severn down again. I was able to get by coming to one to go, and hoped I didn't mess up and could hold him off for just that one lap. He went to make a bold move in the final corner, but went too wide and got sideways as I barely held on for the win again. :crazy:

Great racing with everyone last night! And thanks to Racing for hosting. 👍 Sorry you couldn't make it last night Phish, you would have enjoyed it.
Sounds Like i missed out on some Awesome Racing! Man..i feel bad for not making it! Next week will be awesome though! 👍
 
I'm just friggin ticked off at myself for what happened in race 2. I practiced for it. And then I didn't manage my speed correctly in turn 1 on the second lap and tagged the Armco. Right before that I was thinking there would be a pretty good battle later because I was running a different gear. I knew you guys would catch me, but it probably would have been back and forth. Was hoping for a top three.
There will be certain combo's where I'll do better than others. My plan from now on is to try to run conservatively in my qualifiers. So hopefully I can start near the back. Not sandbagging. The reason is just that I tend to throw down a blinder or two (for me) that can be much faster than my average. Don't want to hold people up.
 
Results will be after enduro results tonight
 
Hey, Phish, where are these results that you speak of? :sly:

Also, just want to make sure everyone is still alive here. :lol: Hasn't been a post in a while. We've got some racing to do tomorrow. If you can't make it, try to let us know in the thread.
 
Hey, Phish, where are these results that you speak of? :sly:

Also, just want to make sure everyone is still alive here. :lol: Hasn't been a post in a while. We've got some racing to do tomorrow. If you can't make it, try to let us know in the thread.
Right on, will be up tonight
 
Sounds good. 👍
Yep! Then ill get the banner up tonight as well..i forgot last week but we should be alright this week
 
Since TRL reminded me, I thought I'd come over and say that this Friday is going to be especially painful... I can already tell from the line-up. :lol:
 
Since TRL reminded me, I thought I'd come over and say that this Friday is going to be especially painful... I can already tell from the line-up. :lol:
And awesome!!!
 
I still have not gotten used to the back-assward way the X-Bow handles... as I recall from one of our goof-off practice sessions once with the bows on Tsukuba, my time was measured in inches of grass grown while driving (the grass that I did not dig up, anyways).
 
I still have not gotten used to the back-assward way the X-Bow handles... as I recall from one of our goof-off practice sessions once with the bows on Tsukuba, my time was measured in inches of grass grown while driving (the grass that I did not dig up, anyways).
:lol: Yeah, the X-Bow is kind of a handful until you get used to it. Even so, when testing for Friday's races, I slid around the same corner every single lap in that thing. Should be fun. :D
 
Delete double post
 
All of you just remember, the X-Bow has good steering under no throttle input. But once some throttle has been used, it becomes an instant understeer hog. A right amount of throttle input and steering motion is key to getting the right line and speed through every corner. :p
 
Pencil me in for this tomorrow night. Just saw Dolph's reminder in the Enduro thread and I'll try a little practice tonight.
 
All of you just remember, the X-Bow has good steering under no throttle input. But once some throttle has been used, it becomes an instant understeer hog. A right amount of throttle input and steering motion is key to getting the right line and speed through every corner. :p
Er... It doesn't handle like that for me. It has stupid lift off oversteer than sends you int a spin, and turning with throttle is the only thing that keeps it on the road. :lol:

Just did about 10 laps in each.
Caterham: 1:07.0
KTM: 1:06.3
Rocket: 1:03.4

I'm very glad it's the rocket with heavy damage, because it's the easiest one to drive.
 
If you guys are on later today it would be great if at least 2 other guys could join my room for the banner shot
Pencil me in for this tomorrow night. Just saw Dolph's reminder in the Enduro thread and I'll try a little practice tonight.
Right on can we get a color combo and a number you want to run with? Thanks for joining 👍
 
What time are you thinking of getting on to do the banner shot?
 
Er... It doesn't handle like that for me. It has stupid lift off oversteer than sends you int a spin, and turning with throttle is the only thing that keeps it on the road. :lol:

Just did about 10 laps in each.
Caterham: 1:07.0
KTM: 1:06.3
Rocket: 1:03.4

I'm very glad it's the rocket with heavy damage, because it's the easiest one to drive.

Could be the way I drive. :p All I know is I love Opened cockpit cars. Like that one car in Shift 2. Oh, how I loved that car. :p

OASD, @Ph1sher, I'd like to make the same changes in our other thread. Icy Blue/ Gold Chrome.
 
Could be the way I drive. :p All I know is I love Opened cockpit cars. Like that one car in Shift 2. Oh, how I loved that car. :p

OASD, @Ph1sher, I'd like to make the same changes in our other thread. Icy Blue/ Gold Chrome.
Sounds good got it
 
Hey, Phish, where are these results that you speak of? :sly:

Also, just want to make sure everyone is still alive here. :lol: Hasn't been a post in a while. We've got some racing to do tomorrow. If you can't make it, try to let us know in the thread.

Still here.. See you guys tonight and tomorrow..
Can I change oil in my 3 flex cars ?
 
RACE RESULTS.png



Race 1: January 31st, 2014 - Three 30 Minute Races - Where It All Started With FLEXING Karts 👍

Round 1

Track:
GT Arena
Car: Junior Kart
Laps: 60
Tires: Sport Softs
Damage: Light

Round 2

Track:
Circuito De Madrid Mini
Car: 100 Karts
Laps: 28
Tires: Sport Softs
Damage: Heavy

Round 3

Track:
Suzuka East
Car: 125 Shifter Karts
Laps: 30
Tires: Sport Softs
Damage: Light​




Race 1



1st Place: SilverFire41 (Fastest Lap ~ 29.383)
2nd Place: DolphDrago (Fastest Lap ~ 29.533)
+09.756
3rd Place: BionicDerp (Fastest Lap ~ 29.400) +22.441
4th Place: RacingOtaku86 (Fastest Lap ~ 29.675) +23.226
5th Place: knukken (Fastest Lap ~ 30.060) +1:16.474
6th Place: shred-tec (Fastest Lap ~ 30.088) 1:16.872
7th Place: GTMX_HECTO1 (Fastest Lap ~ 30.478) +1:43.237
8th Place: euclid58 (Fastest Lap ~ 30.745) +1:55.120




Race 2



1st Place: DolphDrago (Fastest Lap ~ 1:05.332)
2nd Place: BionicDerp (Best Lap ~ 1.05.117) +0.378
3rd Place: RacingOtaku86 (Fastest Lap ~ 1:06.183)
+27.291
4th Place: shred-tec (Fastest Lap ~ 1:05.907) +1:15.781
5th Place: euclid58 (Fastest Lap ~ 1:06.004) +1:48.510
6th Place: SilverFire41 (Fastest Lap ~ 1:05.623) +DNF
7th Place: GTP_Severn (Fastest Lap ~ 1:13.206) +DNF



Race 3​

​
1st Place: DolphDrago (Fastest Lap ~ 51.583)
2nd Place: GTP_Severn (Fastest Lap ~ 52.237)
+04.412
3rd Place: BionicDerp (Fastest Lap ~ 51.602) +19.119
4th Place: RacingOtaku86 (Fastest Lap ~ 51.931) +35.180
5th Place: euclid58 (Fastest Lap ~ 52.923) +44.198
6th Place: shred-tec (Fastest Lap ~ 52.987) +51.981
7th Place: SilverFire41 (Fastest Lap ~ 1:07.017) +DNF



Turtle Racing League - Final Results​

​
1st Place: DolphDrago (94 Points)
2nd Place: BionicDerp (86 Points)
3rd Place: RacingOtaku86 (80 Points)
4th Place: SilverFire41 (74 Points)
5th Place: shred-tec (70 Points)
6th Place: euclid58 (66 Points)
7th Place: GTP_Severn (50 Points)
8th Place: knukken (24 Points)
9th Place: GTMX-HECTO1 (20 Points)




Pictures Taken By @euclid58


Kart 4[1].jpg
Kart 1[1].jpg
Kart 3[1].jpg
Kart 2[1].jpg
​
 
Room Number up for Practice / Banner Shot: 1472-6118-3787-3249-3699
 
Silverstone International Circuit.jpg
 
Phisher, can I jump in tonight? Ive already signed up for the enduro series and am racing in div 2 this saturday
 
Phisher, can I jump in tonight? Ive already signed up for the enduro series and am racing in div 2 this saturday
Of course
 
Ph1sher

I would like to race with you guys tonite, if possible.
Only as a credential, Im in Div 6 at SNAIL.
My number plate would be 16. Im planning to race with black colors and yellow for wheels.
My PSN ID: MrProject_74.

Best regards.
 
Back