◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
@zer05I've
Errr, yup! I was skim reading and did indeed completely miss everything after the part about running on the 8th...
Good plan chief, I'm in.

So does anyone else have any opinions on having our first official league night with GT6 on December 15, 2013 instead of on January 5, 2014? We would of course implement rules to make sure the first cars in our first GT6 lineup are affordable etc. And we would use December 8th, 2013 as huge testing session to identify what processes and regulations we might need to tweak etc. Everyone who has spoken up so far has been in favor of the idea. Should we move forward with change of plans or does anyone object? We're exactly one month the from launch of GT6 (:)) so we need to make the call one way or the other soon.

So does anyone else have any opinions on having our first official league night with GT6 on December 15, 2013 instead of on January 5, 2014? We would of course implement rules to make sure the first cars in our first GT6 lineup are affordable etc. And we would use December 8th, 2013 as huge testing session to identify what processes and regulations we might need to tweak etc. Everyone who has spoken up so far has been in favor of the idea. Should we move forward with change of plans or does anyone object? We're exactly one month the from launch of GT6 (:)) so we need to make the call one way or the other soon.

I say yes. I've got my pre-order set up at Amazon, so I'm hoping I'll get it in the mail on the 6th.

I'm also gonna say yes! I'm going through Gamestop though as the pre-order incentive was much better! Only a month to go!!!

I think GTP_XR_Racer has a good idea ....... which, of course, would be tweeked and tuned by our glorious and wise Leaders.
Since the 24hr Nurb is not familiar to all, equally, I would suggest Spa or Monza for the Grand Finale.
Also, it would be great if the Final Race could be Live Streamed so the rest of us could watch the "broadcast".
Just some thoughts - since they were invited.

I say yes. I've got my pre-order set up at Amazon, so I'm hoping I'll get it in the mail on the 6th.
I'm also gonna say yes! I'm going through Gamestop though as the pre-order incentive was much better! Only a month to go!!!

Okay, I assume that all the "Likes" of my post are all votes for the GT6 fast track plan. This assumption, combined with the fact that everyone who's commented so far has been in favor of it as well (and nobody has said they were against it) leads to only one possible decision..
December 1st will be out last official league night using GT5. Two days after the GT6 launch, we'll have an unofficial league night on December 8th to test out the new league and online features of GT6. We will then complete the December season using GT6 with official league nights on December 15th, 22nd, and 29th. 👍

S.N.A.I.L.
Stamina Series

Tonight @ 9pm
10692925206_c4ff0e2d63_o.jpg

Car:
1991 NSX RM (RH + RM Tires)
Track:
Suzuka (42+1 laps)

Race will start on RH tires and pit will open at the end of lap 4. So when your lap count is 5 you can pit. I will call out "Pit is Open" on the mic at the time it is open!

I don't know about you guys but me, as soon i get that magic cd in my hands, I'm gonna get enough credits to buy 3 Ferraris on the first 2 days, ehehheheheheh sooooo, that first event in December, BRING WHATEVER COMBO YOU WANT, :D :D :D

Suggestion

From what I read the day 12/01/2013 can be fired in GT5 SNAIL

My suggestion is to make a farewell event during normal business

sunday with a great final race and transmitted by You Tube

with prize for the winner !

Event name : FINAL GP SNAIL GT5 ( just suggestion)

Date - 12/01/2013

Time: 21:30

Format

Qualifying round :

- Site administrators choose the 3 combos that have done most

Success in GT5

- Pilots participating in their divisions usually

- Would not have the reverse grid race with are only 3 races in

classification phase

- Round 1 / 1 combo - Qualy + race 1

- Round 2 / 2 combo - Qualy + race 2

- Round 3 / 3 combo - Qualy 3 + race

- The first five of each division qualify for the big

final race .

- The five teams in each division come together in a room, for

example D5

- To have more balance , we can define a small difference

between the cars of drivers from each division , for example :

The five pilots classified D1 - Nissan GTR R33 TC - 603 PP

The five pilots classified D2 - Nissan GTR R34 TC - 620 PP

The five pilots classified D3 - Nissan GTR R35 TC - 636 PP

- For the final race we choose the 24H Nurburgring circuit with

time variable.

It would be a fantastic race with 15 drivers on the grid , starting

night , regulating the variation in time for only the first terms

minute of the night race and final race in the late afternoon .

For anyone watching would be a race with very visual

beautiful.

This way we would be doing a good farewell to GT5

using the key combos , including the sponsor 's website

could give the prize to the winner , using cars from major partner

GT5 , Nissan , and still running on the main runway of GT5 .

Please excuse my english and sorry if my idea is bad , I just

wanted to make a suggestion !
I think GTP_XR_Racer has a good idea ....... which, of course, would be tweeked and tuned by our glorious and wise Leaders.
Since the 24hr Nurb is not familiar to all, equally, I would suggest Spa or Monza for the Grand Finale.
Also, it would be great if the Final Race could be Live Streamed so the rest of us could watch the "broadcast".
Just some thoughts - since they were invited.

Those are great ideas, guys. However, what would you think about holding this special event on December 5th? This would be a true farewell to GT5 since GT6 will launch the very next day. Also, because it's a Thursday, it can replace our usual practice night. I would rather try to keep the format on Sunday nights consistent so that the monthly championships and lineup progression can continue on as normal. Thoughts?

Those are great ideas, guys. However, what would you think about holding this special event on December 5th? This would be a true farewell to GT5 since GT6 will launch the very next day. Also, because it's a Thursday, it can replace our usual practice night. I would rather try to keep the format on Sunday nights consistent so that the monthly championships and lineup progression can continue on as normal. Thoughts?
December 5th works for me!

I agree with everyone, but think GT6 should be held out until after Christmas. Personally speaking I will be the busiest from now until after Feb.. So I wont have the time to spend to grind to make money and buy all the cars. Just my .02

I could probably do something on the 5th of Dec. as a farewell if the format was of interest to me. As for starting with GT6 sooner rather than later, I'm all for that idea. We have shrunk to three divisions already. I wouldn't be surprised if we went down to one if we stayed with GT5 after the launch of GT6.

I agree with everyone, but think GT6 should be held out until after Christmas. Personally speaking I will be the busiest from now until after Feb.. So I wont have the time to spend to grind to make money and buy all the cars. Just my .02

Don't worry, we'll limit the price of the cars that can be selected by the Prize A and Prize B winners until everyone has a reasonable amount of time earn credits 👍

I thought the race of the day 12/01 would not count for the month of December, I thought only the last 3 Sundays would be worth.

Nope, every season has four official league nights. The December season's league nights will be on the 1st (GT5), the 15th (GT6), the 22nd (GT6), and the 29th (GT6). :)

SNAIL Div3 Banner.png

Sunday November 3, 2013

I am a spectacularly crappy photographer but after a long day, I decided to fiddle about with the new thread tools and see what's what. We have some great photo guys here and they really have the skill for great pics and even better commentary. (You know who you are!) I am really stoked at how easy it is to get race pics up with the new GTP software. We have a lot of creative members here and I hope to see more of us try their hand and the photo gig and earn $hells while you do it! I still need to fool around with spacing and order and I just don't have the skills for comments. But here goes nuthin and prepare for the photo load!!

Clubman Stage Route 5.jpg
Clubman Stage Route 5_1.jpg
Clubman Stage Route 5_2.jpg
Clubman Stage Route 5_3.jpg
Clubman Stage Route 5_4.jpg
Clubman Stage Route 5_5.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_1.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_2.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_3.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_4.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_5.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_6.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_7.jpg
Road Course - Daytona.jpg
Road Course - Daytona_1.jpg
Road Course - Daytona_2.jpg
Road Course - Daytona_3.jpg
Road Course - Daytona_4.jpg
Road Course - Daytona_5.jpg
Road Course - Daytona_6.jpg

Bidding on the amazing Hauppage PVR is closed.

The top bid is by @fzappa and can be found here. Congrats 👍

@fzappa you can complete the transaction by filling this form out. If you can pm me your shipping address, I'll get it boxed up and shipped.

Ahh, my first transaction. I'll be rolling in $hells soon :lol:

Thanks! I thought I would have a little more competition but I'll take it. Maybe I'll post some D2 races now:)

Form filled out and PM sent. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks! I thought I would have a little more competition but I'll take it. Maybe I'll post some D2 races now:)

Form filled out and PM sent. Thanks again.
My first advice, goto the website, download the most recent software for your equipment. Skip the cd. They updated all their software about 6 months ago and it works far better.

Maybe we could use the first 3 prize cars from Sunday cup or what ever to run on our "Sunday cup" to start with.

SNAILs,
As you guys know, GT Academy will be airing on Spike TV starting on Monday night. With so many of our fellow SNAILs in the show, I thought it'd be fun to have some interactive contests during the broadcasts. Therefore, I've created a Twitter account for the league. We'll be giving away GT Academy shirts and PSN Cards, but you can only win if you..

Last edited:
SNAILs,
As you guys know, GT Academy will be airing on Spike TV starting on Monday night. With so many of our fellow SNAILs in the show, I thought it'd be fun to have some interactive contests during the broadcasts. Therefore, I've created a Twitter account for the league. We'll be giving away GT Academy shirts and PSN Cards, but you can only win if you..

Shame I'm not a a twit. (Is that not what twitter users are called?)
I'll be watching all the same though.

Back