◆ S.N.A.I.L. [Kart] Racing - Tuesday nights at 9pm EasternOpen 

  • Thread starter Thread starter dabneyd
  • 871 comments
  • 44,019 views
Hopping in - hope that I'm not lapped too many times in the Arena.

Whew - only once on the last lap!
 
Last edited:
Tonight wasn't my night. Disconnected during the first race, i think i got into Handle at the 2nd race. Having fun always, hope i do better next week.
 
No worries - I enjoyed them all.
 
Had a blast.. That is alot of fun.!! Hope I stayed out everones way!! Last place has never been that much fun!! :lol:
 
I wasn't able to make tonight's races, but do look forward to joining again soon.
 
I'm glad to hear that a good time is being had all the way through the field. That's what I love about racing these karts.

That GTA race was CRAZY stressful. So much so I had a horrible stomach ache by the end of it. That blows my mind.
 
Was good fun last night. Cant believe I stuck it on pole at the Red Bull Ring in the wet. The spirit of Senna must have been with me and my Brazilian Flag. It was shame I couldnt handle the pressure of being in first place once the race got started. Thought Id won it at Motegi though for a second.
Id practiced the Silverstone National circuit and got in the 1.09s offline, but couldnt get anywhere close to that time last night. Not sure what was going on there? unless it was just the nerves lol.
I also prefer the shorter circuit choices.
Ive got to get my headset working so I can get involved with the post race chat.
 
Offline racing has very different physics / tire grip. I have heard that it is 1 - 1 1/2 tire grades 'stickier' in arcade mode. Even online, things can run a bit different in a full vs empty lobby. Ymmv.
 
I wish I could have run the Silverstone race. H was wooping me the other day in practice. I haven't been able to figure out how to make time there.

Did yall use the Speedway gearing from the spreadsheet? Im curious how it performed in a big pack.
 
I wish I could have run the Silverstone race. H was wooping me the other day in practice. I haven't been able to figure out how to make time there.

Did yall use the Speedway gearing from the spreadsheet? Im curious how it performed in a big pack.

I did use the Speedway gearing. Was able to reach 101 MPH in mid pack. It was fun.
 
I will post a couple of my amateur shots in a moment or four. Getting too humid to work in the garage. :cheers:

Nice fight for 3rd at Red Bull Ring. I was able to fight back from a big deficit to get within shouting distance of this crew on the final lap.

0qRHDIn.jpg


Fast lap at Motegi was HSAXET @ 54.477, Pask_Decob-17 was at 54.667

Some real strange things on the finish positions based on the replay.

Going into the final two corners...

IITLphP.jpg


Into the homestretch (I start going wide here - grr!)

iBVUGu0.jpg


300 meters to go!

CcAoanl.jpg


At the finish...

q64Y7c3.jpg


@dabneyd is in first, by a foot or less. After he crosses the line, the game puts him down a lap and dumps him to 8th. He was ahead of me most of the race, I know he did not fall off for a lap.

I cross behind him, about halfway across the line in my pic, and @stunstheone is about a foot (30+ cm) from reaching the white line.

At that moment, replay scoring thinks (wrongly, if the pic says anything) Handlebar, Dabneyd, Stunstheone, HSAXET, JjSpeed

Right afterwards...

bWgj8nr.jpg


As I unpause at 15:09.698, the order shuffles to: Handlebar, Stunstheone, HSAXET, Pask, and Dabneyd is in 8th, a lap down - it looks like he dropped off the accelerator after he crossed the line, then the game made him do a... victory lap? In all, places 1-6 (7 with Dabneyd) are within 0.116 seconds after 15 minutes.

909.698 seconds to 909.814 for the spread. Pretty tight!
 
Last edited:
Race results 7/15

1. Pask 56
2. JJspeed 50
3. Handlebar 50
4. Tex-36. 47
5. Hsaxet. 46
6. Stunstone 45
7. Dabnyed 43
8. DRIRONWOOD 32
9. Racingchamp 32
10. Lessenjr. 32
11. DCschwinn 20
12. Searays 14
13. XRAD-11. 10

 
Next week is 125 Shifters.

Get your picks in!

With @HSAXET posting the results track selection is now open. For everybody's convenience I have edited the track selection post (link in my signature) to include a quick list of the "short" and "intermediate" tracks that provide us with some of the best kart racing! If you're itching for a big track not on the list, get that open selection in! :)
 
1. Short track
2. Autumn Ring Mini

I think I am reading the process of voting correctly? Hopefully that is a legit vote for the first one! If I'm way off let me know.! Thanks
 
Who gets to vote? Everyone from Tuesday?

What is timeframe?
 
Who gets to vote? Everyone from Tuesday?

What is timeframe?

Anybody may select, raced this week or not. First Come First Serve. If 3 are not selected by noon EST on Saturdays I'll fill in the blanks. @Adubs5 used the short track selection so Intermediate and Open are available.

Pask is reserved a choice since he was the big winner Tuesday, but that's a track choice, NOT a category choice. Adubs' choice is a lock.
 
Oh I thought everybody voted? so just because I picked that track does that mean that's what the short track will be? if that's the case I would rather have someone who has been a part of the league longer than a week chose over me? I don't know what a good track is yet!
 
Oh I thought everybody voted? so just because I picked that track does that mean that's what the short track will be? if that's the case I would rather have someone who has been a part of the league longer than a week chose over me? I don't know what a good track is yet!

It's not a vote. It is a selection. Your choice is completely fine and we're gonna go with it and have a blast!
 
Lol alrighty then! .. I just wanted to vote to hope not to end up in the GT arena!! :crazy:
 
What's wrong with GTA? :) I like it. I've liked it for two weeks!
 
What's wrong with GTA? :) I like it. I've liked it for two weeks!

If your good at it like yourself and just downright horrific like myself I'm sure it's a great track?? Lol I just wanted to try something else till I can practice on it a bit more so I exercised my selection and chose somewhere else where I am terrible and see how that works out! :sly:
 
Nice! Well, get off GTP and start practicing! :D

and for the record I wasn't very quick when I started doing this either. Not that I'm "fast" now, but certainly a lot better.
 
I will be on vacation next week. So y'all will be needing a host. Good luck gentlemen.
 
Intermediate

Brands Hatch Indy '80's
 
That was fun racing. I didn't realize how extremely important the right gearing is. I geared just a bit too high for red bull and it cost me 4 seconds a lap! That last speedway race was very different.
 
Back