◆ SNAIL [Race Car] Series - Finished - Thanks to everyone who raced during the past 12 seasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. I will not make it tonight. Going to take a break for a few days!

Thanks Grim for getting that all put together!! Looks awesome!! 👍

DP09,
I'm down to practice.. I will be on in 15!! If you are still opening a room up?

Have you guys seen the newer road course at Indy? It's so much better with more turns

I was at the track 3 weeks back for the motogp. The infield section in super speedway turn one has always been there as part of the motogp course, but the S in superspeedway turn 2 and the new exit in superspeedway turn 4 are great for bike racing. (Motogp runs opposite direction of cars)

Who's around tonight?

I'll be there. Probably not until about 8:20 though. Will you do two races for each track back to back or will you cycle through twice? Don't want to miss one entirely so I'll hustle if needed.

By the way, I won't be running all tracks. Indy Road Course, Tokyo R246, and Spa Francorchamps.

Something got all messed up and I'm having trouble connecting. I'll try again before the actual season starts but that really sucked. Had fun for a bit tho.

Something got all messed up and I'm having trouble connecting. I'll try again before the actual season starts but that really sucked. Had fun for a bit tho.

I got a message when I turned on my PS3 about a connection issue but then was able to come in to lobbies just fine. Wonder if someone is tinkering with the network - or PSN like last Sunday.

Just a heads up - room has disbanded. I thnk Dschwinn had a black screen (but didnt disconnect), so we were down to three and just called it a night. We got some good laps in for Indy Road Course and Tokyo R246, so still some good pratice, and I'm sure we can find some time each week as we go through the season to practice too.

Thanks guys!

At 5 laps around Indy Road Course they were at 9, so I'd imagine at 10 laps they'd be around 7 and then you really need to work the tires or they'll be at 5 in a few short laps. And then they're beyond the cliff. So probably 10-12 laps is how long Mediums will last. Figure that to be the first pit window, and with a 40 minute race, probably 2-3 pit stops depending on how good you are on tires. I love strategy!

At 5 laps around Indy Road Course they were at 9, so I'd imagine at 10 laps they'd be around 7 and then you really need to work the tires or they'll be at 5 in a few short laps. And then they're beyond the cliff. So probably 10-12 laps is how long Mediums will last. Figure that to be the first pit window, and with a 40 minute race, probably 2-3 pit stops depending on how good you are on tires. I love strategy!

Sounds like you got it all figured out!! Hope it all works out!! :sly:

Well that's just one track. Others might be better on the tires. I do enjoy thinking about this stuff. Timing the pit delta so I know how long the whole thing takes from pit entry to regaining control of the car. I like when watching Formula 1 figuring out when teams will pit and who will gain an advantage when.

I did my mock race last night and have talked it over with the crew chief and we have our strategy locked in for this weeks race. Now the driver just needs to execute it.

I did my mock race last night and have talked it over with the crew chief and we have our strategy locked in for this weeks race. Now the driver just needs to execute it.

Yeah me to Grim! I did 2 mock races as a matter of fact.. Talked it over with my race strategists and we have no 🤬 clue what we are doing! But High Side Racing will be ready for 2 make changes on the fly!! Plans are just made to be broken.. !! So then I do what Grim does!! Baha! ! :sly: Gunna be fun either way..

I had a serious talk with my crew chief about the chronic understeer that prevents me from taking the last turn flat. He laughed at the device I use to steer the car and informed me the only way to cure the problem is to use a proper steering wheel like any real driver would do! :rolleyes:

Yeah me to Grim! I did 2 mock races as a matter of fact.. Talked it over with my race strategists and we have no 🤬 clue what we are doing! But High Side Racing will be ready for 2 make changes on the fly!! Plans are just made to be broken.. !! So then I do what Grim does!! Baha! ! :sly: Gunna be fun either way..
This season is going to be interesting with the pit calls as last season it was a fuel issue for most of the field as the tires held up nicely. This season its all about tire management.

I had a serious talk with my crew chief about the chronic understeer that prevents me from taking the last turn flat. He laughed at the device I use to steer the car and informed me the only way to cure the problem is to use a proper steering wheel like any real driver would do! :rolleyes:
:lol:

The Hour

While sitting on the throne I was thinking about racing...not an uncommon act....when I remembered a little known race event from the 70s. It was called THE HOUR. You drive the assigned car as PRESENTED for one hour. At the finish you are scored on

FASTEST LAP positive multiplier
SLOWEST LAP negative multiplier
AVERAGE SPEED positive multiplier
DISTANCE COVERED positive multiplier
FUEL ECONOMY double positive multiplier.

It can be done like a TT where you submit your times backed up by a reviewable replay ( or in conjunction with an established TT or race event) or it can be done Head to head ( which I prefer because it removes it from the " laboratory" and puts it "on the track")

You do not know the points for each category for each race and obviously the fastest may not win so it really is s self handicapping event.

Was an inexpensive hoot. I did mine on a Solo course in a Mall Parking lot in Ct....in a KGhia....came in third behind a 289 Cobra and a Baby Bimmer (2002). Obviously it must have been fun to remember after all these years. During the fuel crunch they stopped doing these and they were never sanctioned because they were not spectator friendly. They never ran them head to head on the same track but I did one that was in parallel side by side courses.

Seems to me that it might be adapted to Virtual Racing very easily.

Edit: Fish Slap...wrong thread....you get to see it again on SNAIL main thread.

Since you asked for it...

fish-slap.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back