Saturday, November 23rd, 2013
S.P.E.C. Racing GT5 Special Event
Time: 10PM EST
Car: TVR Speed 6 RM
Track: High Speed Ring
Laps: 79 Laps
Cautions: Laps 26 and 52

I think I might make this one:)👍

Then would we start with racing hards for 10 laps, go to softs or it would go to racing rain intermediate, full rain tires once the rain starts?

I have understood with the only full race we ran on rain (Race one of Suzuka with the Camaro RM '10) once the asphalt reaches that point where we have to use Intermediates, all tire rules are nule, and we can wear the tires we want

Then would we start with racing hards for 10 laps, go to softs or it would go to racing rain intermediate, full rain tires once the rain starts?

As AJHG has said above, should we have any rain, the tire rule goes out the window. Setting the changeability of the rain to 10 gives us a better chance of rain, but it does not guarantee it. We could start off with it raining or it might start halfway through the race, we could also go the entire race without seeing a drop of rain. We won't really know until we actually start racing.

Special Event Announcement

In light of the fact that there is nothing scheduled for Nov. 30, I will go ahead and roll something out that has been in my head for a while now.

A 200 lap endurance race to be held at Tsukuba.

The car will be the Lotus Elise RM.

This will be a spec race and tuning will be prohibited.

Rules will be very similar to SPEC endurance racing with a few exceptions.

Penalties will be turned off for this race.

There will be no mandatory change of tire compound and no minimum that you must run each compound. Racing hard and racing soft are still the only compounds allowed but you can choose when and how long to run each.

There will be no caution periods in this race.

Use of the start button will not be allowed (we don't need cars rolling along at a snail's pace).

If you need a break, you may pull off at the motorcycle chicane and engage your emergency brake.

I would like to start this race one hour earlier than the normal time for SPEC in consideration of the guys on the east coast. I am willing to adjust that to accommodate as many racers as possible though. This race should take between three and three and a half hours. If you're interested in doing this, please post here or PM me with any questions.

I am considering a change to this and would like some thoughts from anyone considering participating. I selected Tsukuba because it's a shorter track and was thinking there would be someone to race with more often. My though is to move the race to a track with weather and see what we can get. Whatever track we went, I would still set the number of laps to make the race go between 3 and 3 1/2 hours. The addition of weather could make it a little more interesting but we would have to go to a longer track. Let me know your opinions on this and I will make a decision.

I am considering a change to this and would like some thoughts from anyone considering participating. I selected Tsukuba because it's a shorter track and was thinking there would be someone to race with more often. My though is to move the race to a track with weather and see what we can get. Whatever track we went, I would still set the number of laps to make the race go between 3 and 3 1/2 hours. The addition of weather could make it a little more interesting but we would have to go to a longer track. Let me know your opinions on this and I will make a decision.
I vote weather

I think going with weather will mean running Suzuka or Spa. I don't see HSR, Monza, or the ring working too well for the car or for lap length. The other option is Eiger. There isn't anywhere to pull off safely, but pit road is quite long. You might be able to fit a restroom break in while making a pit stop.

I think going with weather will mean running Suzuka or Spa. I don't see HSR, Monza, or the ring working too well for the car or for lap length. The other option is Eiger. There isn't anywhere to pull off safely, but pit road is quite long. You might be able to fit a restroom break in while making a pit stop.
Eiger has my vote. It's a really fun track when wet.

Suzuka or Spa sounds good; Eiger isn't a bad choice either, though there isn't too much room to pull off. Regardless of where we race I know I'll be there!

-I vote Suzuka, it is a very difficult track when wet and keeps you focused all the race, and I cannot deny you guys, that it is one of my favorite tracks.

-Spa is also a personal favorite, but it is too long for the Elise, same with the Nürburgring and Le Mans.

-I've never liked the Eiger Nordwand tracks.

-And Finally, Monza and HSR have a pretty decent length, but its high speeds will cause short lap times, so we'll have to do a lot of laps, and both tracks start to be boring at a certain quantity of laps (At last Saturday's race, the only thing that kept me entertained was that 10 minute mind wearing battle with @chatva )

Back