◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
qualifying order issues?

I have not experienced any changes to the qualifying order.
I am wondering, once a qualifying session has begun....only those participants continue onto the race, right? or might new entrants skew the order in an open room?

I know its out there but, might that have been the glitch?

Last edited:
Tried the triple monitor today. They implemented them nicely.

However after trying some laps I realized something. How unbearable the frame rates are on GT6. I nearly got nauseated.

There is no way I'll be able to race on GT6 after racing at a capped 105 FPS. Seriously the FPS drops so bad on GT6 it feels like a strobe light.

So with that. I'm out completely. Go ahead and pull me off the roster for GT. However I will continue to follow and hope the iRacing side develops.

Division 6 Highlights

View attachment 126129

Sorry @Jakedog23 ... If you would have had 00:000.026 in your pocket that third place would have been yours!! Man, you should see the dent in the floor right under my gas pedal!

Pretty decent night. We started out with a little twist. Our host was MIA at start time and there was a smidgen of concern. Thanks to having multiple back up hosts, we had the problem sorted out in no time. Huge thanks to @USERID_77a23 , @TEX36 and @goofytyler for getting rooms set and ready to go. We ended up in goofys room and from there everything seemed to go pretty smoothly.

Now, where was our intended host @Azure Flare? Well, it looked like his internet access fell apart for the entire duration of the night. I can't imagine how stressful that was. There is always next week and no worries. Great group of drivers in D6. Although...

I would keep a close eye on goofy next week and his whereabouts come race time. :lol: Last night was great and thanks to all of D6!

Pole Winners:

Round 1: @bladerunner1144
Round 2: @Mirado_7
Round 3: @Bladerunner1144

Race Winners:

Round 1: Course 1: @TEX36
Course 2: @TEX36
Round 2: Course 1: @Mirado_7
Course 2: @bladerunner1144
Round 3: Course 1: @bladerunner1144

Fast Laps:

Round 1: Course 1: @USERID_77a23
Round 2: Course 1: @Mirado_7
Course 2: @digilmprov
Round 3: Course 1: @bladerunner1144
Course 2: @Jakedog23

If you want to see the numbers, check HERE. There is much more to see on The Results Doc!

Division 6 scores, votes, data and replays all complete!

I was wondering how that pic was going to turn out! Sure was close back there!!!

I only have replays for 2 races to do pictures from for D4. I know that there is a way to find replays, but i cannot find them. I'll take the fish, Where are the located? :confused:

I only have replays for 2 races to do pictures from for D4. I know that there is a way to find replays, but i cannot find them. I'll take the fish, Where are the located? :confused:

No fish. Here is a place for SNAILs to trade replays. Here is an instructional video on how to get them in a format for transfer to and from the google store.

@JLBowler perhaps including that in your table of contents would be good?

S.N.A.I.L. Two Year Club

Please join me in welcoming the latest members of the S.N.A.I.L. Two Year Club.

@fzappa
@AJKVail

S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club

Please join me in welcoming the latest members of the S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club.

@JJLopez427
@mopar440
@TMoMoney

Thank you all for racing and being a part of S.N.A.I.L.

:cheers:

@Oshawa-Joe can you update the Drivers list please? Thanks!​

Tried the triple monitor today. They implemented them nicely.

However after trying some laps I realized something. How unbearable the frame rates are on GT6. I nearly got nauseated.

There is no way I'll be able to race on GT6 after racing at a capped 105 FPS. Seriously the FPS drops so bad on GT6 it feels like a strobe light.

So with that. I'm out completely. Go ahead and pull me off the roster for GT. However I will continue to follow and hope the iRacing side develops.

You must be getting some major fps drops to notice them, as very few people can perceive a difference between 60 and 30. Have you tried the restore file system? I would label that critical maintenance for every PS3, doubly so for heavy gamers or netflix watchers.
Another possibility is simply poor frequency matching between your ps3 and monitors. Keep in mind the PS3 is designed for tvs, I don't know the exact hertz that it desires, but if they are out of sync it can produce fps drop like symptoms. I don't know what monitors you're using, but you could play around with them and maybe find a better match.
P.S. You're drastically reducing the life span of your video card letting it run wild at 105 fps, I would suggest force capping it at 60.
Not telling you what game to play, just offering some advice, please don't take it the wrong way.
Hope it helps! :cheers:

Division 7 Data & Photography
March 9, 2014

Top 5 Scores
1st - @KTR5 - 82 points
2nd - @racingchamp30 - 80.1 points
3rd - @singlepaddy - 80 points
4th - @Rockhound18 - 78 points
5th - @speer9892003 - 73 points

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @KTR5 2:30.728
Round 2 : @Rockhound18 2:30.823
Round 3 : @KTR5 1:52.251

Race Winners:
Round 1 Race 1 : @racingchamp30
Round 1 Race 2 : @KTR5

Round 2 Race 1 : @Rockhound18
Round 2 Race 2 : @rob1nh000d

Round 3 Race 1 : @rob1nh000d
Round 3 Race 2 : @singlepaddy

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @racingchamp30 2:30.887
Round 1 Race 2 : @racingchamp30 2:30.700

Round 2 Race 1 : @Rockhound18 2:30.367
Round 2 Race 2 : @Rockhound18 2:30.000

Round 3 Race 1 : @racingchamp30 1:51.330
Round 3 Race 2 : @Rockhound18 1:51.552

Complete results

Nürburgring GP/F

@KTR5 burning some rubber at the start. Unfortuntately, I wasn't able to hold on to the top spot for long.

Nürburgring GP_F.jpg

@KTR5 leading the field through turn 1
Nürburgring GP_F_1.jpg

@speer9892003 and @wvhellbilly exiting the turn 13, Veedal
Nürburgring GP_F_2.jpg

And this is where @racingchamp30 takes the lead
Nürburgring GP_F_3.jpg

@Piler makes a pass on @Sharkb8ii to take over 5th place
Nürburgring GP_F_4.jpg

The start of race #2 was a little crowded for everyone, except @wvhellbilly (not pictured) who took the lead
Nürburgring GP_F_5.jpg

@Piler and @Tstockrahm (alphasniper314) in a heated battle for 2nd
Nürburgring GP_F_6.jpg

@wvhellbilly leads the field for the first time through Veedal
Nürburgring GP_F_7.jpg

@racingchamp30 (blue) and @singlepaddy (black) in some tight side-by-side action!
Nürburgring GP_F_8.jpg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

@Rockhound18 leads the field the first time through Eau Rouge.
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

@KTR5 and @Piler were trading postions both races at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_1.jpg

@Rockhound18 was untouchable in race 1
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_2.jpg

@wackedkid47 leads the field into turn 1 of race #2 at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_3.jpg

Three wide heading down Kemmel straight, heading into Les Combes - #20 @racingchamp30, #9 @KTR5 and #4 @Piler
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_4.jpg

@Sharkb8ii leads @racingchamp30, @Rockhound18 and @speer9892003 through Rivage
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_5.jpg

@singlepaddy had a big lead on the group (but maybe @rob1nh000d was really in the lead - I don't know because I couldn't see him yet)
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_6.jpg

@Sharkb8ii is going so fast I couldn't get him in focus as he passes @wvhellbilly
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_7.jpg

Twin Ring Motegi Road Course

Three wide heading toward turn 3 with @Rockhound18 and @KTR5 closely followed by @racingchamp30
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course.jpg

@KTR5 making a pass on @singlepaddy - but it doesn't stick!
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_1.jpg

@Tstockrahm on the inside of @FBR_Steve with @wvhellbilly and @Rockhound18 posed to attack
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_2.jpg

@Rockhound18 on the outside and @singlepaddy on the inside
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_3.jpg

In the final race of the night, more tight battles between @Rockhound18, @FBR_Steve @racingchamp30 and @speer9892003
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_4.jpg

@Rockhound18 making the pass on the outside of @rob1nh000d (now I see him!)
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_5.jpg

From left to right heading toward turn 3, @racingchamp30, @Rockhound18 and @KTR5
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_6.jpg

@speer9892003 (on the left) makes a pass on @racingchamp30 to move into 4th on the final lap at turn 11
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_7.jpg

@Sharkb8ii just edges out @speer9892003 for the final podium spot!
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_8.jpg

S.N.A.I.L. Two Year Club

@fzappa
@AJKVail
S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club
@JJLopez427
@mopar440
@TMoMoney
First one is on me when we meet someday.

On raceday... I'd like to 'have one' on y'all.... but let's be real, even virtually.... Congrats! 👍

I am not going to race for a few weeks as I will be practicing with my wheel. So further notice on when I will be back.

You will be surprised how quickly it helps, Jake. Good luck and come back soon.

S.N.A.I.L. Two Year Club

Please join me in welcoming the latest members of the S.N.A.I.L. Two Year Club.

@fzappa
@AJKVail

S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club

Please join me in welcoming the latest members of the S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club.

@JJLopez427
@mopar440
@TMoMoney

Thank you all for racing and being a part of S.N.A.I.L.

@Oshawa-Joe can you update the Drivers list please? Thanks!​
Congrats to you both, and thanks for turnin me on to this league, and all the help you guys have given to make me a better player!!!

Thanks guys! Hard to believe it's been two years! Looking forward to getting back on the grid as soon as the ski season ends. Only five more weeks!!!!!
Looking forward to that cold one Handlebar! Thanks!!!:cheers:

D3 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 3/10/14

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 (190E @ Nurburgring GP/F): @turnupdaheat 2:28.604
Round 2 (Megane Trophy Base Model @ Spa): @Xradkins 2:26.612
Round 3 (X2014 Junior @ Twin Ring Motegi): @Troggy 1:48.936

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @Troggy 2:28.417
Round 1 Race 2 : @Troggy 2:28.305

Round 2 Race 1 : @Xradkins 2:27.362
Round 2 Race 2 : @Troggy 2:25.613

Round 3 Race 1 : @turnupdaheat 1:48.848
Round 3 Race 2 : @JLBowler 1:49.384

Thanks to @nmcp1 for the nice layout!

QUICK VOTE!!

Since we're starting a brand new season tonight, it's an ideal time to try out new ideas. I'd like to take a quick vote to see how many of you like (or dislike) the idea above to upgrade Prize C's power. As named be @Chiochan, it's called the "freeze play" and it allows the Prize C winner to prevent either the car or the track from being changed on the Prize B combo. Please reply to this post with either of the two choices below:

Lets try the Price C "freeze" this season!

OR
Keep the prizes the same!
The option that gets the most votes is the one we'll go with, so if you have an opinion on the matter you should vote. Please note that if the Price C freeze gets enough votes to to be piloted this season, we're going to let the Prize B winner decide if he wants to keep his car/track selection or if he wants to steal the "freeze play" from the Prize C winner. If he steals it, then the Prize C winner will get to choose the car or track instead.
Thanks to everyone who voted. The results were overwhelmingly in favor of the "freeze". I'll make a note of Prize C's new power when I post the results later (I'm waiting for post #50970 and post #50971 to do so). If this experiment works out this month, we'll implement fully going forward. If, however, chaos and confusion take over the prize selection process, we'll have to reconsider. The best thing everyone can do is be aware of the process and be ready to make prize decisions if you unofficially won your division or are in a position to win if the unofficial winner collects any penalties.

Last edited:
D2 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 3/9/14

D2.jpg

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @RobbiefromBC 2:26.224
Round 2 : @zstovall 2:25.633
Round 3 : @RobbiefromBC 1:48.394

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @RobbiefromBC 2:26.994
Round 1 Race 2 : @RobbiefromBC 2:26.856

Round 2 Race 1 : @JWalker 2:25.184
Round 2 Race 2 : @ptslopoke 2:25.558

Round 3 Race 1 : @RobbiefromBC 1:48.693
Round 3 Race 2 : @Nish 1:48.499

With the new season underway there are allot of new racers in D2. Whenever you have new drivers racing against one another for the first time there is always the fear that chaos is just around the corner while everyone learns the others driving style. I'm glad to report that even though some of us have never raced one another we all still maintained a level of respect that ensures close hard racing that has become a hallmark of S.N.A.I.L. Well done racers! :cheers:

Congrats to @zstovall for taking the win for the night! 👍

Full data set can be found here.

Last edited:
Division 7 Data & Photography
March 9, 2014

Top 5 Scores
1st - @KTR5 - 82 points
2nd - @racingchamp30 - 80.1 points
3rd - @singlepaddy - 80 points
4th - @Rockhound18 - 78 points
5th - @speer9892003 - 73 points

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @KTR5 2:30.728
Round 2 : @Rockhound18 2:30.823
Round 3 : @KTR5 1:52.251

Race Winners:
Round 1 Race 1 : @racingchamp30
Round 1 Race 2 : @KTR5

Round 2 Race 1 : @Rockhound18
Round 2 Race 2 : @rob1nh000d

Round 3 Race 1 : @rob1nh000d
Round 3 Race 2 : @singlepaddy

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @racingchamp30 2:30.887
Round 1 Race 2 : @racingchamp30 2:30.700

Round 2 Race 1 : @Rockhound18 2:30.367
Round 2 Race 2 : @Rockhound18 2:30.000

Round 3 Race 1 : @racingchamp30 1:51.330
Round 3 Race 2 : @Rockhound18 1:51.552

Complete results

Nürburgring GP/F

@KTR5 burning some rubber at the start. Unfortuntately, I wasn't able to hold on to the top spot for long.

View attachment 126207

@KTR5 leading the field through turn 1
View attachment 126208

@speer9892003 and @wvhellbilly exiting the turn 13, Veedal
View attachment 126209

And this is where @racingchamp30 takes the lead
View attachment 126210

@Piler makes a pass on @Sharkb8ii to take over 5th place
View attachment 126211

The start of race #2 was a little crowded for everyone, except @wvhellbilly (not pictured) who took the lead
View attachment 126212

@Piler and @Tstockrahm (alphasniper314) in a heated battle for 2nd
View attachment 126213

@wvhellbilly leads the field for the first time through Veedal
View attachment 126214

@racingchamp30 (blue) and @singlepaddy (black) in some tight side-by-side action!
View attachment 126215

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

@Rockhound18 leads the field the first time through Eau Rouge.
View attachment 126216

@KTR5 and @Piler were trading postions both races at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
View attachment 126217

@Rockhound18 was untouchable in race 1
View attachment 126218

@wackedkid47 leads the field into turn 1 of race #2 at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
View attachment 126220

Three wide heading down Kemmel straight, heading into Les Combes - #20 @racingchamp30, #9 @KTR5 and #4 @Piler
View attachment 126221

@Sharkb8ii leads @racingchamp30, @Rockhound18 and @speer9892003 through Rivage
View attachment 126222

@singlepaddy had a big lead on the group (but maybe @rob1nh000d was really in the lead - I don't know because I couldn't see him yet)
View attachment 126223

@Sharkb8ii is going so fast I couldn't get him in focus as he passes @wvhellbilly
View attachment 126224

Twin Ring Motegi Road Course

Three wide heading toward turn 3 with @Rockhound18 and @KTR5 closely followed by @racingchamp30
View attachment 126225

@KTR5 making a pass on @singlepaddy - but it doesn't stick!
View attachment 126226

@Tstockrahm on the inside of @FBR_Steve with @wvhellbilly and @Rockhound18 posed to attack
View attachment 126227

@Rockhound18 on the outside and @singlepaddy on the inside
View attachment 126228

In the final race of the night, more tight battles between @Rockhound18, @FBR_Steve @racingchamp30 and @speer9892003
View attachment 126229

@Rockhound18 making the pass on the outside of @rob1nh000d (now I see him!)
View attachment 126230

From left to right heading toward turn 3, @racingchamp30, @Rockhound18 and @KTR5
View attachment 126231

@speer9892003 (on the left) makes a pass on @racingchamp30 to move into 4th on the final lap at turn 11
View attachment 126232

@Sharkb8ii just edges out @speer9892003 for the final podium spot!
View attachment 126233

Great job coach with the pics.

Congrats AJK VAIL and TCRASH for the 2 years anniversary.
Congrats to DPinho for the win last night on D4 and AJ for the fierce competition. I would love to have you both joining me on D3... actually I would love to have you all D4's joining me on D3 :D:D:D

P.S. You're drastically reducing the life span of your video card letting it run wild at 105 fps, I would suggest force capping it at 60.

I'm curious about this @Mirado_7. I just upgraded my PC with a Gigabyte GTX 770 video card with 4 GB of ram. I've seen peaks of 300 fps in iRacing, but am usually around 230. This is using the recommended iRacing setup, not utilizing all the ram available if I'm not mistaken.

How is the lifespan reduced by going above 60 fps?

Thanks!

I'm curious about this @Mirado_7. I just upgraded my PC with a Gigabyte GTX 770 video card with 4 GB of ram. I've seen peaks of 300 fps in iRacing, but am usually around 230. This is using the recommended iRacing setup, not utilizing all the ram available if I'm not mistaken.

How is the lifespan reduced by going above 60 fps?

Thanks!
It's just extra work you're making/letting it do, and therefore creating more heat. And heat is enemy number one with all things electronic.

It's just extra work you're making/letting it do, and therefore creating more heat. And heat is enemy number one with all things electronic.

Is 60 fps a limit of the display we're typically using or the eye/brain interface? And anything above that is irrelevant?

Sure looks good though :D

I've often read that the human eye cannot detect anything above 30FPS. I know for certain anything over 120 is a complete waste. As an example I will point out your household electrical system. Here in the US, our electrical systems run on a 60Hz alternating current sine wave. What this basically means is, voltage is at a 0 value 120 times every second. Take a look at any incandescent light bulb in your home. Can you tell it's actually turning off 120 times every second? If you can, you should probably stop doing whatever drugs you're on. In Europe the sine wave is 50Hz, not sure what those crazy folks up in Canada have, but, it's one (60Hz) or the other(50Hz). At any rate, you could compare the AC sine wave to FPS, in a general sense. What jags most humans into thinking they can see FPS rates, above 30, is when it changes drastically. What really smooths out video is the monitor's refresh rate. 2ms refresh rates used to cost a fortune. 1ms was even higher. I haven't went looking at monitor's or TV's refresh rates in quite some time so not sure what the standard these days is.

Back