◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,803 comments
Speaking of replays, I don't know if it's just me but whenever I watch a replay not from my car, it appears to be jolting all over the place while mine seems to be much smoother with the steering....or is that just down to driving style? :dunce:

Its lag on purpose. That's a lot of info the stream into the machine and save, so every other drivers "info" being streamed and saved for the replay is lower quality. While yours, being that its on you ps3, gets all the data it needs to show you driving nice and smooth. Most people want the replays for themselves anyway. And it helps keep the replay file size down to a minimum as well.

I would like to race with you guys. My psn is justin5447

Hey Justin5447!

I'll add you to the drivers list you'll be starting in the Division 3 group for this Sundays league race. For the Sundays you can't make it please be sure to give us 24 hours notice, it makes things much simpler for us, thanks.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the different lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, have a browse through it.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Diabolic Friday Banner submission #2

diabolicfriday2.png

If you'd rather have orange at the bottom instead of the fire and/or something else changed, let me know. I kept the fire, but changed it to something classier since we seem to be moving that direction with these. :sly:

Also could have done something more demonic with the skull, but I thought this one fit you better.

Not that it matters, but I like the devil theme of the old banner because it's more representative of the meaning of "diabolic". I guess I just like to take things literally lol. Whatever you guys decide on is cool with me though. It all looks great!

I could use my Volkswagen snail. Or I could use my recently aquired chrome Murcialago. Took me a few painful months of waiting but I got them.

I'm going to have to go on a hiatus for a month because of how late the event is on a school night and since they have a GT Academy I might be too busy with that when it starts in May so I might be out for awhile. I would say I'm on an indefinite hiatus at the moment.

Dragonwar233
I'm going to have to go on a hiatus for a month because of how late the event is on a school night and since they have a GT Academy I might be too busy with that when it starts in May so I might be out for awhile. I would say I'm on an indefinite hiatus at the moment.

Good luck.

Earlier I had wondered if there was a way to get copies of saved races. Obviously the easiest way to get copies of my division is to remember to save them but I am also interested in watching the other divisions as well. That is more of an issue. I spent some time today trying to find the best way to share saved race files and it looks like it is a huge pain. As nice as it would be to have the utility built into GT5, it's not. Based on what I found online and past experience, an FTP server might be a viable solution. The files could be plopped onto the server and accessed by whom ever wants them and it would relieve that hassle of emailing the files to multiple users and it would help to keep the folders intact. As of right now, I don't quite have the savvy to set one up or the cabbage to pay for hosting. If there was enough interest in having a SNAIL Race Archive I can spend a little more time and figure out how to pull it off (or if one of the members has something set up or other ideas) Let me know what you all think and I will take it from there! Cheers!

Earlier I had wondered if there was a way to get copies of saved races. Obviously the easiest way to get copies of my division is to remember to save them but I am also interested in watching the other divisions as well. That is more of an issue. I spent some time today trying to find the best way to share saved race files and it looks like it is a huge pain. As nice as it would be to have the utility built into GT5, it's not. Based on what I found online and past experience, an FTP server might be a viable solution. The files could be plopped onto the server and accessed by whom ever wants them and it would relieve that hassle of emailing the files to multiple users and it would help to keep the folders intact. As of right now, I don't quite have the savvy to set one up or the cabbage to pay for hosting. If there was enough interest in having a SNAIL Race Archive I can spend a little more time and figure out how to pull it off (or if one of the members has something set up or other ideas) Let me know what you all think and I will take it from there! Cheers!

There's always Youtube.

Hey guys Monday mayhem is still on. I'm running a little long on some business. I'll be there shortly. If someone is in. Set it up for Indy super speedway. And give me about 10.

OK... I think I may have this whole race sharing deal sorted out (Props to Tezgm99 for the clue). If anyone has all of the races saved for their division from last night, PM me and I will give you detailed instructions on what you need to do. If this works out, I can pass the info to all interested...

OK... I think I may have this whole race sharing deal sorted out (Props to Tezgm99 for the clue). If anyone has all of the races saved for their division from last night, PM me and I will give you detailed instructions on what you need to do. If this works out, I can pass the info to all interested...

This is actually quite topical to the next project I'd like to implement into our league. Let's call it the S.N.A.I.L. Steward network. The idea would be to have stewards in each of our three divisions. If and when there is a dispute or complaint in a given division, a steward in that division will e-mail a copy of the race replay in question to the stewards in the other divisions. That way, stewards would not have to deliberate against drivers in their same division. This would effectively eliminate any potentially perceived bias that would occur if a steward had to issue a penalty against a driver in his own division.

more details to come..

Last edited:
This is actually quite topical to the next project I'd like to implement into our league. Let's call it the S.N.A.I.L. Steward network. The idea would be to have stewards in each of our three divisions. If and when there is a dispute or complaint in a given division, a steward in that division will e-mail a copy of the race replay in question to the stewards in the other divisions. That way, stewards would not have to deliberate against drivers in their same division. This would effectively eliminate any potentially perceived bias that would occur if a steward had to issue a penalty against a driver in his own division.

more details to come..

Makes sense to me. I'm always willing to help out if needed.

No worries, Exo :)

I saved all but the first race from D2. Which would figure, since it's the only one I actually won.

I've got that one if it's needed, Hogster 👍

That track is on share too, Rally....so feel free to togue away :lol:

more details to come..

I believe I mentioned this weeks ago. steward from d3 watch d2, d2 watch d1 d1 watch d3. as to tonight...sorry i missed but blues in playoffs is must see tv and with game in san jose it didn't start till 10 est

more details to come..

Personally, I think this is a good idea. I know it had been brought up before but there didn't really seem to be a need for this until now. The more competitive the racing becomes, the more likely there are bound to be complaints that will need to be addressed.

I would be willing to volunteer as D1 Steward, if needed.

I believe I mentioned this weeks ago. steward from d3 watch d2, d2 watch d1 d1 watch d3. as to tonight...sorry i missed but blues in playoffs is must see tv and with game in san jose it didn't start till 10 est

Personally, I think that the other stewards from the other divisions should watch the replays. this way both stewards have to agree then the matter would be resolved right then and there - but that's just me.

Makes sense to me. I'm always willing to help out if needed.

Apmaddock, I'm going to take you up on your offer. Please PM me your e-mail address. I'm going to send you a replay file along with what I want you to look at. There was an incident in D1 on Sunday that I need some help with.

Anyone else (who's not in D1) interested in being a league steward, please PM me with your e-mail address asap. I want this incident reviewed and ruled upon so that we can finalize the results from Sunday night. I'm not saying that simply providing me with your e-mail address will automatically make you a steward, but the analysis you provide on this incident could give me an indication of how serious you are about being a steward.

Last edited:
ExoSphere64

I saved all 6 from D3, Sunday night.

I do not have enough understanding of racing rules to be a steward.

Sent the PM, zer0. I'll be around pretty much all day so I'll check back frequently for the email and updates.

Once this system is established, hopefully we'll be able to get things cleared up within 24 hours of the race so that we can have the next combos in order in time for Wednesday's practice. ;) I know that's the intention, and the plan seems solid.

I'll be sure to record all replays from now on…with only forgetfulness as a hinderance.

Back