◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,326 comments
Hey SNAILs, I'm putting a S.N.A.I.L. T-shirt up for sale (size XL) and it looks something like this:

snailtest.png

This will be an auction-like sale so I'll be shipping the shirt to the highest bidder. There is no minimum bid and there is no reserve price. To place a bid, simply reply to this post with how many $hells you'd like to bid. Please do not bid more $hells than the number of total $hells that you have.

Once someone's bid lasts for 24 hours without being outbid by somebody else, the auction will close and the highest bidder will be declared the winner. HAPPY BIDDING!! :)

Last edited:
For those that may have issues with purchasing the Audi, I have mine on share all broken in and ready to go. . . . glitch away...👍

Motorola SB6141

Thanks, my ISP does not have that on their 'approved DOCSIS 3' list :( And they won't register a modem 'from out of their system'

The modem I have is the Cisco DPC 3825 anyone have any thoughts on it or the other Docsis 3 modem, the SMC D3GN, they will register?

:cheers:

Thanks, my ISP does not have that on their 'approved DOCSIS 3' list :( And they won't register a modem 'from out of their system'

The modem I have is the Cisco DPC 3825 anyone have any thoughts on it or the other Docsis 3 modem, the SMC D3GN, they will register?

All ISP's are different. Ours accepts just about anything as long as it is compatible with the plant. Other, I hear, try to abstain from letting you buy your own modem so they can charge you for theirs.

*Dragon: Awesome speeds! It is funny how running the correct modem for your speeds made an improvement. Now, as all ISP's operate differently, if your ISP provided your modem (was a DOCSIS 2.0) and let you pay for much higher speeds without swapping you into a 3.0, They really should owe you some credit. The 2.0 is only capable of certain speeds. They should have recognized that and supplied the proper modem. Pin them down on it and see what they think about it...

ExoSphere64
All ISP's are different. Ours accepts just about anything as long as it is compatible with the plant. Other, I hear, try to abstain from letting you buy your own modem so they can charge you for theirs.

*Dragon: Awesome speeds! It is funny how running the correct modem for your speeds made an improvement. Now, as all ISP's operate differently, if your ISP provided your modem (was a DOCSIS 2.0) and let you pay for much higher speeds without swapping you into a 3.0, They really should owe you some credit. The 2.0 is only capable of certain speeds. They should have recognized that and supplied the proper modem. Pin them down on it and see what they think about it...

From what I read, the modem I have from them is Docsis 3, is it not? The level of service I'm paying for has to use one of the two modems I listed.

Seeing Nick's 350z in my colors made me want to take a few pictures so I went on a little tour around the globe.

Oh I would get the speeds out of that POS Arris modem, which is now doing duty as a phone only modem, but it was unstable and I have speedtests showing it lower than 1Mbps down. Shoulda heard the TW tech that day.

The 50Mbps didn't hold up very long. The download is back to what I pay for, 20Mbps, but the upstream seems to be maintaining better than what I used to get and exceeds what I pay for by a little bit. I'm really more interested in the modem's stability and it staying synched.

While pinning TW down to give me some discounts would be great, I doubt I could convince them it was their fault and they gave me a modem that was below spec for the service I paid for, since 8 times out of 10, the speed tests I ran, at their site and independent sites, showed I was getting "acceptable" rates. As someone has said here and elsewhere, the effort, in this case, isn't worth the squeeze. If the stability and speeds turn to crap however....

For those needing it, that Audi is on my share list. At least it was last night when I checked. It's only got about 60 miles on it however.

Are both of those Cisco Modem/Gateway/Routers? Did a quick google on the Cisco DPC 3825 and what little I saw was a 2.3 star review average. That's not a determination by itself but I would pass it by based on that review rating.

Last edited:

Okay, the highest bid on the S.N.A.I.L. shirt so far is Rally's bid of 7 $hells. If you want to bid higher, please state how many $hells you're bidding and what you're bidding on. That way, guys who don't follow every post of the thread will know what's going on (as opposed to just seeing posts with random numbers). So for example, a simply post that said "I bid X $hells for the shirt" would be sufficient. 👍

Zero! Shhhhhh. Your ruining my plan!

Speaking of ruin. Ex detroit mayor, kwame kilpatrick just got sentenced, 28 years! Its going to take that long just to get detroit right again.

Btw: Game on! 2 to go.

Good afternoon everyone! Rally here with a quick video update!
Three more videos have been added! Well, one is currently uploading, but will be there soon! Not sure what happened with the last few, but I'm guessing that there mas a miscommunication between the mp4's that my recording suite makes and youtube. Therefore I re did them with movie maker (:yuck:), and added a little intro to them. I think tonight I'll pull some of the old cat and mouse videos I've saved and edit something together.
Enjoy! :cheers:
Click the banner to follow the link...

BTW, I updated the Snail video thread and fixed those two dead links for division 3 races.

Last edited:
You win!

BTW

I bid my entire balance of 15 $hells for that shirt!

Go big or stay at home gents. Less than 6 hours before bidding closes! By Zero's wording, every bid resets the hour counter? These bids could go on for a long time.

Last edited:
You win!

BTW

I bid my entire balance of 15 $hells for that shirt!

Go big or stay at home gents. Less than 6 hours before bidding closes!

You might want to re-read Zero's post. Once your bid stands for 24 hours it's yours. Instead of 6 hours, you have 24 if nobody outbids you.

Baahaha, Bowler, you snide little jokester!

BTW, that is three videos for 3 more $hells,

I would like to bid 16 on the shirt!

Back