◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,326 comments
If flexibility isn't an option then you're going to need a hard cap in place a.s.a.p. One man's definition of reasonable could vary greatly from another man's. 50K cr. seems like a likely limit. That would mean earning 150k in two weeks in addition to whatever you have to purchase to progress in game.

The 15th anniversary cars will not be eligible for selection because not everyone will have access to them and they are reportedly mildly tuned versions of their regular counterparts. That may change if we get the game and they are found to be identical to the regular versions of the cars but don't count on it.

While I understand that desire we have never had to change games before. Some flexibility may be required. If not I would say limit the choices now to be less than 50,000 credits.

Also going forward I assume the 15th Anniversary cars will not be viable choices. Is that correct?
Its my understanding that they are slightly tuned and modified beyond the livery. And not everyone will be getting a copy that is the anniversary edition. I thought about that before.

I've mentioned this same cap as well, and I think it to be probably the only real reasonable recourse. The time to do it is now, this way we can be sure that the new line up going into gt6 won't contain something that may be expensive (the vette) or possibly hard to find (the dithers civic). There are a lot of unknowns going into GT6, especially considering progression, licenses, online play, pricing of cars and the rate we earn credits. Better safe then sorry. Double so if you want to keep the line up flowing right into gt6.

Edit: Bowler bringing out the Ninja sword!

Thanks for the feedback, guys. That's exactly what I was looking for. 👍

@Adventuruss, the car you pick for your Prize A combo cannot cost more than $50K

@criscr, if you opt to replace the Corvette Stingray with your Prize B, the new car cannot cost more than $50K. Your other option is to take the Corvette Stingray to a different track.

The 15th anniversary cars will not be eligible for selection because not everyone will have access to them and they are reportedly mildly tuned versions of their regular counterparts. That may change if we get the game and they are found to be identical to the regular versions of the cars but don't count on it.

You can see the difference between the base and anniversary cars on the pre-order page at http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/preorder/

There's a 15-50 PS (the new PP) difference between them.

I understand the desire to have continuity, but I am feeling a bit like we are having a bit of a square peg-round hole-big hammer approach to this.

Really, we do not know how it will work in GT6.

Hoping we can create or replicate the same lineup is admirable. Making 'set plans' on things we do not know seems shortsighted, and I am hoping Zer0, or whomever, can keep a guiding principle in mind, not just a matter of keeping such and such car - which could be a Level 17 car, or something generally unattainable for the new potential members.

If we hope to grow, I suggest a policy of opening doors WIDE, not 'doing what we are doing to keep getting what we are getting.'

Again, I am not dissing Zer0, but I am against setting a policy when we have no hard intel on the ground.

What about giving the winners the option of choosing a GT6 combo if needed? Did not realize we were officially racing this Sunday, I had not checked the calendar.

Good point. Combos for Dec 15th should be finalized Dec. 9th after we have a chance to review GT 6 and put guidelines in place.

If that doesn't make sense I blame it on running on 3 1/2 hours sleep.

I understand the desire to have continuity, but I am feeling a bit like we are having a bit of a square peg-round hole-big hammer approach to this.

Hoping we can create or replicate the same lineup is admirable. Making 'set plans' on things we do not know seems shortsighted, and I am hoping Zer0, or whomever, can keep a guiding principle in mind, not just a matter of keeping such and such car - which could be a Level 17 car, or something generally unattainable for the new potential members.

If we hope to grow, I suggest a policy of opening doors WIDE, not 'doing what we are doing to keep getting what we are getting.'

Again, I am not dissing Zer0, but I am against setting a policy when we have no hard intel on the ground.

What about giving the winners the option of choosing a GT6 combo if needed? Did not realize we were officially racing this Sunday, I had not checked the calendar.

While I certainly can't fault the logic, I don't think this is that major of an issue. Nearly all cars in GT5 are going to be in GT6, and from my understanding, all cars will be available day one, so we won't have to wait for a NCD or OCD to cycle. I think that so long as a low limit is set for perhaps the first season, keeping the line up rolling through should be doable.

This doesn't really need to be ado. it is an easy transition that makes sense. Having a plan of action in place before gt6 hits I think is important. Keeping it flexible is too, no doubt. But waiting until a week before we roll out the new software to come up with something isn't a good idea. But something simple, like a 50k CR. limit now, and once we get the game going a figured out, then adjusting the limit is a sound idea. This keeps the demands low on the people who cant divulge the time initially into racking up cars and credits, and allow everyone ample time to explore all aspects of the game and not grind to prep for the next race.
I certainly don't see it bringing down the house at any rate.

Last edited:
What if we are limited in purchasing cars based on Licenses or Levels? You don't know!

Nope, sure don't know, not yet, but, it stands to reason that this won't be an issue, as there seems to be a separate garage for online racing than there is for career.

ahhemm.
*Sucks in some air* Seems ok...

I hear what you're saying, Handlebar. And although Rally already covered a lot of what I would say, let me just add that I feel PD has apparently given our league a huge blessing by making all cars available in the Dealership and furthermore making all GT5 cars available in GT6 as well. Simply put, unless we're blind-sided by an unexpected curve ball, it should be very simple and straightforward to continue our lineup into the new game. The main road block anticipated is that everyone will start with limited funds, so as long as we plan for that I don't see what the issue is. All things considered, simply setting a $50K price limit on the new cars is a quick and easy plan to implement.

If we get thrown a curve ball, then yeah we'll have to figure it out. But until then, I don't see any reason why continuing our lineup into the new game will be much of an issue. 👍

Last edited:
FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 24 November 2013

Currently tracking 5 Incident Reports

We have at least one prize winner with a racing incident being investigated by the stewards. This may, obviously, change the order of the prizes to be selected. All winners are asked to refrain from making selections until the Weekly Steward's report has been posted.

The target deadline for the Steward Reviews, this week, is Tuesday night by 10PM Eastern. The Steward Summary will be posted as soon as possible, following completion of reviews.

@ SNAIL Stewards, please make your way to The Steward's Area. Would like at least 3, (ideally 5) stewards, to include the steward assigned to the specific div, to review each complaint.​

IR Submission Form is now closed.

Hey guys, if you're not watching Spike TV right now, then what the heck are you doing?!?

Episode 3 of GT Academy is INTENSE!!

No escaping the 22:30 monkey here... I still have a couple of hours before it airs here. I am looking forward to it! (and the tweets to go with it!!)

Great show tonight!!! Won't ruin for those of you on the delayed airing, but the ending will have you biting your nails!

I haven't been able to follow the Snail Nation as frequently as I wish but I pass by often just to take a quick pic of what's going on, obviously, jumping a couple of posts so I'm not 100% sure of the kind of festivities you guys are planning for the 5 to 6 transition.
Limiting the next prizes choices to low budget vehicles sounds good and fair as nobody has any idea yet of how long it takes to make decent money on 6. But it's funny the idea that we will debut on GT6 with 350pp cars :D
If anyone has time and patience, please update me about farewell races.
Can anyone synthesize what are the best upgrades we'll see on 6 besides the cars(I read the looooooong list :) ) and the tracks? Will it have the damn oil change again??? :mad:
How are our guys doing in the academy?

i1Z92awOUTUmshH.jpg

Does anyone else think this car looks awesome? I can't wait to take it for a spin!

So I now have a triplescreen setup and have three copies of GT6 preordered from Gamestop. Will I need to use all three preorder codes or just one? If I only need one, I will have 2 codes for the auction.

Last edited:
i1Z92awOUTUmshH.jpg

Does anyone else think this car looks awesome? I can't wait to take it for a spin!

So I now have a triplescreen setup and have three copies of GT6 preordered from Gamestop. Will I need to use all three preorder codes or just one? If I only need one, I will have 2 codes for the auction.

@Chiochan GT6 will be available as a digital download. You should be able to save a few bucks by picking up one disk and buying the digital version and downloading it to the two satellite PS3's. That's what I'm going to do.

Does anyone know if multiple monitors has been announced for GT6?

Love the car 👍

Last edited:
@Chiochan GT6 will be available as a digital download. You should be able to save a few bucks by picking up one disk and buying the digital version and downloading it to the two satellite PS3's. That's what I'm going to do.

Does anyone know if multiple monitors has been announced for GT6?

Love the car 👍

I dont know which is why I'm holding off on spring for a triple setup.

I haven't been able to follow the Snail Nation as frequently as I wish but I pass by often just to take a quick pic of what's going on, obviously, jumping a couple of posts so I'm not 100% sure of the kind of festivities you guys are planning for the 5 to 6 transition.
Limiting the next prizes choices to low budget vehicles sounds good and fair as nobody has any idea yet of how long it takes to make decent money on 6. But it's funny the idea that we will debut on GT6 with 350pp cars :D
If anyone has time and patience, please update me about farewell races.
Can anyone synthesize what are the best upgrades we'll see on 6 besides the cars(I read the looooooong list :) ) and the tracks? Will it have the damn oil change again??? :mad:
How are our guys doing in the academy?

No real plan have been made about farewell races other than we want to have them. :)

As for as how our guys are doing in the academy, just click here to find out! :sly:

SNAILs,
Who's down to give GT5 a fond farewell on the night before GT6 comes out? That would be on Thursday, December 5th and it would replace our normally scheduled practice session (since we won't have official races on the following Sunday anyways). If we have enough interest, we'll put something official together.
👍

I think Thursday would be perfect. I know I'm taking friday thru monday off.

Edit: After looking thru combos and most used tracks here are my suggestions

Lotus Elise '96 RM (RH) @ Spa
Acura NSX '91 RM (RH) @ Laguna Seca
Amuse 380RS Super Leggera (SS) @ Daytona Road

Last edited:
No real plan have been made about farewell races other than we want to have them. :)

As for as how our guys are doing in the academy, just click here to find out! :sly:

SNAILs,
Who's down to give GT5 a fond farewell on the night before GT6 comes out? That would be on Thursday, December 5th and it would replace our normally scheduled practice session (since we won't have official races on the following Sunday anyways). If we have enough interest, we'll put something official together.
👍

How about a super long, extra special, amazingly fun race where everyone votes for a car and track? :D Or maybe we can do like a "Greatest Hits" kinda thing and run some of the more popular combos? :)

I want to join and I prefer to run with the best combos of GT5!
It is better to do the farewell December 01? I think more pilots would participate.
But at any time I'm in, GT5 deserves a cool farewell!

Tonight at 9:00 P.M. Eastern in the SNAIL_Division2 lounge.

November 26th, 2013: Junior Kart - Junior Kart Gearing
Race 1 - Nurburging GP/F - 5 laps
Race 2 - Kart Space II - Reverse - 33 laps
Race 3 - London - 13 laps
Race 4 - .88 Mile Eifel Tri-Oval (shared on SNAIL_Division2 account) - 27 laps

pHocBju.jpg

Submitted for use on the banners. As soon as new choices are made, I will snap a pic of each one. I also have some stuff from D1 this last Sunday as well as some pics from other SNAIL races. Maybe I will put together a best of what I have and post away.

Back