◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,803 comments
I would like to join. Hopefully for this Sundays race.

@MareckX

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

So I read that one way I could clear the PS3 cache is to go into Game Data utility and Delete the install data. What I'd like to know before I do this is whether the Photos and Replays will be deleted as well?

Simply clear your cache from the in game options menu.

i1bqQaoW0r0ljO.jpg

Clear System Cache
Delete temporary data downloaded from the network from your Hard Disk Drive (HDD). When online events or other features are not updating correctly, clearing the system cache can resolve the problem. Game update data, replay data etc. is not deleted.

yes you can ignore the clutch pedal...I am actually removing mine as we speak. I had already removed the pad....but now I am removing the post. You will not have to do this...I am doing it because I have a left foot injury that makes me more likely to hit both brake and clutch at the same time. Also remember that the manual gear selector will select the gear the stick is in when you enter the track or more importantly when you are starting a race. Case in point in the Miata Test races last night, one time, when the lights went out I jerked and putted from the line...my manual gear selector was in 3d and that is the gear I got when the car left the grid. Remember to select first when on the grid...either with the manual shifter or with the paddle.

Funny u say that! Happens to me far to often because I'm just not paying attention.. shifter Will be in 3rd or 4th and the lights go out starting the race and I get my doors blown off! :lol: Look down and it says I'm in 3rd gear! Makes for a Slow jump off the line! Lol. So yeah... just always make sure your in 1st when you line up!!

Simply clear your cache from the in game options menu.

i1bqQaoW0r0ljO.jpg

Clear System Cache
Delete temporary data downloaded from the network from your Hard Disk Drive (HDD). When online events or other features are not updating correctly, clearing the system cache can resolve the problem. Game update data, replay data etc. is not deleted.

I've tried that so much and it still kicks me out. Its also gone from just being this game to others as well, which is why I was asking and clearing the PS3 cache. All my other devices are fine, but not my PS3 (which will also randomly sign me out as well).

I use a g25 and dont use the clutch at all ... i have turned my shifter to sequential mode wich disables the clutch and bought aftermarket g25/27 brake pedal wich mounts to regular brake and clutch making it one big pedal ... i think on g27 the only way to disable clutch is disconnecting its cable because its impossible to switch to sequential stick as they removed that option
View attachment 223855
I was in the process of taking my clutch off then....I saw your PERFECT massive pedal. I have injured nerve endings in my left foot from extra curricular aviation activities. So I have trouble properly seating the ball of my foot squarely on the brake and have difficulty when I get it tangled with the clutch so I occasionally get both....like last night at the corkscrew during Miata testing .what is it called and where do I get one.

I have the same pedal plate. I bought it because I don't use the clutch pedal either. It doesn't work on the G27. I disconnected the clutch pedal wires and the other pedals didn't work.
But what about mounting it on the brake pedal and REMOVING the clutch pedal and post itself. Is it strong enough to keep from bending and will the brake post suffer from too much twisting force.

I was in the process of taking my clutch off then....I saw your PERFECT massive pedal. I have injured nerve endings in my left foot from extra curricular aviation activities. So I have trouble properly seating the ball of my foot squarely on the brake and have difficulty when I get it tangled with the clutch so I occasionally get both....like last night at the corkscrew during Miata testing .what is it called and where do I get one.

But what about mounting it on the brake pedal and REMOVING the clutch pedal and post itself. Is it strong enough to keep from bending and will the brake post suffer from too much twisting force.

If this is the case get 2 GT EYE brake springs. Instead of removing the post just remove the potentometer fromt eh pedal assembly itself. Then take just install the GT EYE brake springs in place of the clutch and regular brake spring.

The pedal was a option for the G25 wheel with the sequential shifter option.

What a dumbass

He is his father's son in more than name and profession.

Kids don't listen to what parents say, they emulate what we do.

Too bad this young man hadn't grown out of it. Glad no physical injuries occurred.

Nick Heidfeld (named in title of video)
Nico Prost

Seems pretty darned clear to me - in the replay (about halfway thru the video), the in-car from the lead, and the replay from most any angle...

Prost was nowhere near a turn in point. He should not only have avoided it, he shouldn't have initiated it. That's a level 5 in my book, and I thought Hiedfeld was remarkably restrained, all things considered. I would have used a tire iron to get my message across.

If this is the case get 2 GT EYE brake springs. Instead of removing the post just remove the potentometer fromt eh pedal assembly itself. Then take just install the GT EYE brake springs in place of the clutch and regular brake spring.

The pedal was a option for the G25 wheel with the sequential shifter option.

Engineering win

Handle, after watch replay again I have to disagree. That point really looks like breaking/turning point for Prost. The thing is, didn't he saw Nick coming? Maybe not if he was looking for his breaking point mark on the right side of the track... Just supposing.
Prost might be a young inexperienced driver but even my 6 years old son knows that doing that, the chance of wrecking your car and loose your precious P1, podium spot or even finish the damn race is very, very slim.

Read:dunce:
Will I hear from @JLBowler before the race today?
@chickensmashr

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

SNAILAges.PNG

We now have 68 drivers reporting their ages. If you wish to edit your entry, click here, if you wish to submit a new entry, click the table above.

Just letting those in D1 know I might not make it tonight, gonna try my best but have a very busy day ahead. If I don't have fun and clean races!!

Back