◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Not usually.

And contact is not acceptable in SNAIL as stated here:

I just watched RUSH last night for the first time. And you (and your ilk) sound like James Hunt while the rest of us are Niki Lauda ;)

Ninja'd by Joby apparently ;)
agreed. I never said contact was acceptable, i basically said its always going to happen.

I think the whole d1 debate is interesting because people on the anti d1 bandwagon seem to think we don't respect the olr yet those who race in d1 and enjoy the crazy intense battles have no problem with the way people race and consider it to be clean. I've thought about this a lot and here's the best way I can sum it up. In d1 we race by the same rules you race with in real life. Few people care about a little bump here and there if it doesn't effect the outcome of the race. One other way to look at it is in d1 the drivers push the limits of everything and because of that mistakes are made that sometimes involve some contact. If you're driving at 100% and make a mistake usually the effect is greater than driving at 95% and making the same mistake. I think most d1 drivers understand that and just enjoy the level of racing that we have. Personally I file reports only when it effects the results of the race and the person doesn't concede the position. If a driver tries to pass me and makes contact but we exit the corner in the same position it's called a mistake. If someone dive bombs and makes contact and completes the pass it's dirty and I report it.

Awesome! I was gonna ask, do we get to see some SNAIL logo on the official car/helmet livery?
Yes, our logo will be on Nick's helmet for the duration of the season. :)

Question - is this "new" SNAIL logo the same one on the front page? Or a new design yet to be released? Or was it already released and I'm just out of the loop?
The one on the front page is the one we've had for a long time. The "new" logo has not been finalized or released yet, but it looks cool!! :D

What's up guys?! Been missing racing with you all but as you know I've got some other racing to attend ;)

Been in the UK for the last week doing some fitness training making sure we are good to go come Monza this weekend. Definitely excited and ready to do the real thing. None of this practice stuff lol. I'll be posting updates of the race weekend on my athlete page which you can click the link below for. I'll also be posting on twitter where you can follow @GumballCGT. Time to go kick some ass this weekend!

Lastly, I wanted to say you guys are absolutely awesome and I greatly appreciate all of your support!!! I was going to wait to post up a picture with the finalized deal we have going on but it looks like @zer05ive beat me to it! It's good to have a great group like everyone here behind me and I hope to make you proud. Another SNAIL can win GT Academy this year so you better make sure you're getting your practice on and not only on the game if you think you can make it to Silverstone. Hit the gym, do a track day, an auto x, or whatever you can do to prepare. I better see some of you this year going at it! I'm trying to make sure I can be around for each process it takes to get to win. I want to be there for everything if I can and play a part in helping choose the next NISMO athlete. If you guys have any questions about anything feel free to PM and I'll try to help you out. Good luck boys and thank you again!

- Nick

I think the whole d1 debate is interesting because people on the anti d1 bandwagon seem to think we don't respect the olr yet those who race in d1 and enjoy the crazy intense battles have no problem with the way people race and consider it to be clean. I've thought about this a lot and here's the best way I can sum it up. In d1 we race by the same rules you race with in real life. Few people care about a little bump here and there if it doesn't effect the outcome of the race. One other way to look at it is in d1 the drivers push the limits of everything and because of that mistakes are made that sometimes involve some contact. If you're driving at 100% and make a mistake usually the effect is greater than driving at 95% and making the same mistake. I think most d1 drivers understand that and just enjoy the level of racing that we have. Personally I file reports only when it effects the results of the race and the person doesn't concede the position. If a driver tries to pass me and makes contact but we exit the corner in the same position it's called a mistake. If someone dive bombs and makes contact and completes the pass it's dirty and I report it.

Well written, simple as that. Let's move on. What are the new combo's? *fish slap duck, matrix style*

Just to be a smart ass, how does one passively pass someone?:sly:
Aggressive = ready or likely to attack or confront; characterized by or resulting from aggression.

I think passes can be made with out being aggressive but I do see your point;)

What's up guys?! Been missing racing with you all but as you know I've got some other racing to attend ;)

Been in the UK for the last week doing some fitness training making sure we are good to go come Monza this weekend. Definitely excited and ready to do the real thing. None of this practice stuff lol. I'll be posting updates of the race weekend on my athlete page which you can click the link below for. I'll also be posting on twitter where you can follow @GumballCGT. Time to go kick some ass this weekend!

Lastly, I wanted to say you guys are absolutely awesome and I greatly appreciate all of your support!!! I was going to wait to post up a picture with the finalized deal we have going on but it looks like @zer05ive beat me to it! It's good to have a great group like everyone here behind me and I hope to make you proud. Another SNAIL can win GT Academy this year so you better make sure you're getting your practice on and not only on the game if you think you can make it to Silverstone. Hit the gym, do a track day, an auto x, or whatever you can do to prepare. I better see some of you this year going at it! I'm trying to make sure I can be around for each process it takes to get to win. I want to be there for everything if I can and play a part in helping choose the next NISMO athlete. If you guys have any questions about anything feel free to PM and I'll try to help you out. Good luck boys and thank you again!

- Nick
Will this or any of the season be televised (online counts) somewhere? If so where?

And good luck out there!

BLANCPAIN GT Series
at Autodromo Nazionale (Monz
10007460_265590270269612_740092633_n.jpg
BLANCPAIN GT Series
at Autodromo Nazionale (Monza)

10007460_265590270269612_740092633_n.jpg

In honor of 2013 USA GT Academy Champion, Nick McMillen racing at Monza this coming weekend, April 13th, I would like to propose a small contest. @GumballCGT (Nick) will be racing in the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3. Therefore, I would like to invite everyone to a little time trial contest.

1. Purchase (in the Nissan dealership) GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13 (Cr. 350,000) with racing hard tires. Only an oil change is allowed.
  • PP = 617
  • HP = 621
  • Weight = 1350 kg

2. Run laps at Autodromo Nazionale (Monza) in an online lobby. These laps can be done on your own or in a group. Please follow all current S.N.A.I.L. regulations regarding tuning and clean racecraft.

3. Reply to this post with your best lap time. Please include the entire full time, i.e., m:ss.sss / 1:30.000. DEADLINE TO POST LAP TIME IS FRIDAY, APRIL 11th at 8:00 AM ET. We are running this "On your honor." Please post your honest best lap. A screenshot is also advised to be posted.

4. Whoever is closest to Nick's fastest lap time wins.

5. PRIZE TO BE ANNOUNCED. Waiting to hear about an upgrade to the prize I was originally going to offer. More details to follow soon.
IMG_20140408_135829629_HDR.jpg
My best lap- 1:45.802

bnmTDRx.jpg

It's my pleasure to announce SNAIL's sponsorship of Nick McMillen for his upcoming season in the
Blancpain Endurance Series!! As you guys probably know, Nick is the 2013 US GT Academy Champion and these upcoming races represent the next steps in his journey "from Virtual to Reality".. And since SNAIL represents the "Virtual" part of his journey, we think it's only fitting that we're there to support him in the "Reality" portion of his career as well. Sponsoring Nick will result in more exposure for the league and it'll be a lot of fun too. :)

For those of you that would like to participate, we've put together some sponsorship packages that will not only allow you support Nick's career and help promote SNAIL, but will also enable you to score some sweet SNAIL swag! Here's a list of the available sponsorship packages and the gifts you'll receive with each:

Platinum Sponsor ($150)
- You will receive the Gold, Silver, and Bronze gifts, plus a SNAIL shirt (size XL) with our current logo, and a copy of GTPEDIA!

Gold Sponsor ($100) - You will receive the Silver and Bronze gifts, plus a shirt (any size) with the new SNAIL logo!

Silver Sponsor ($50) - You will receive the Bronze gift, plus a frameable print of Nick McMillen (and his race car) provided by the guys who manage GT Academy. The print will include our logo and will also be autographed with a personalized message from Nick!

Bronze Sponsor ($30) - You will receive a package of decals/stickers with the new SNAIL logo!

If you would to be an official sponsor of Nick, please reply to this post with the sponsorship package you would like. If we are able to exceed our fundraising goal, all of the extra proceeds will be used to buy things for Team SNAIL to bid on in the Marketplace. Thanks for your support!

List of Sponsors:
@KTR5 - Gold
@hooker4 - Bronze

@jobyone - Bronze
I'm in for the gold sponsorship.

Aggressive Dirty driving does not have to be tolerated. Everyone that races here agreed to the OLR.

Fixed for ya. Aggressive != Dirty.

I offer proof using what I call Snail Math ;)

Aggressive passer + Aggressive defender = Incident

Incident = Bad

Dirty * Aggressive = Bad

Incident = Dirty * Agressive

Aggressive(passer + defender) = Dirty * Aggressive

passer + defender = Dirty

on the flipside:

passer + defender = Clean

Aggressive(passer + defender) = Clean * Aggressive

Clean = -Dirty

Aggressive passer + Aggressive defender = -Dirty * Aggressive

Aggressive passer + Aggressive defender = -(Incident)

Pass = -Incident

Aggressive passer + Aggressive defender = Pass

In other words 1 + 1 = 5 :cheers:

I'm sorry but I race like I would in real life also. I would definitely be pissed off if someone gave my half million dollar ride a "bump" as you put it. I know that drivers racing in real life actually do not like to have their cars banged into all race long and crew chiefs especially don't like it.

The only way you find out that a bump doesn't affect the outcome of the race is AFTER the bump. So I suppose you just drive your ass in there and pray that your bump isn't too much of a bump?

I've been a witness of this driving "style" if you will. All the mid race apologies on the mic and excuses saying things like "must have been a lag spike" is just not good enough for SNAIL.

If you took your GT Academy Nissan and bumped everyone on the track like some of you say is "how we drive in real life" then I doubt you'd be racing for very long.

I'm sorry but I race like I would in real life also. I would definitely be pissed off if someone gave my half million dollar ride a "bump" as you put it. I know that drivers racing in real life actually do not like to have their cars banged into all race long and crew chiefs especially don't like it.

The only way you find out that a bump doesn't affect the outcome of the race is AFTER the bump. So I suppose you just drive your ass in there and pray that your bump isn't too much of a bump?

I've been a witness of this driving "style" if you will. All the mid race apologies on the mic and excuses saying things like "must have been a lag spike" is just not good enough for SNAIL.

If you took your GT Academy Nissan and bumped everyone on the track like some of you say is "how we drive in real life" then I doubt you'd be racing for very long.
Noone said bumping around all the time, but it is going to happen. You arent going to let off after a corner you were slightly faster on then the guy in front, when you got numerous guys directly behind you. Youre going to bump him. Your team could care less about a dent. Watch some v8 supercars

Will this or any of the season be televised (online counts) somewhere? If so where?

And good luck out there!

Yes! It will be. I'm not 100% sure the schedule for everything tv wise. Our race starts at 9am EST (6am PST) for all of you who would like to watch live. Click on the link below within the dates it has listed for Monza. Maybe they will have video for qualy and everything too. There was a sticker on the dash of the GTR during Paul Ricard for YouTube to "watch live now" so maybe it's live on YouTube at NISMO.TV. I will let you all know when I find out for sure!

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/gt-tv

Yes! It will be. I'm not 100% sure the schedule for everything tv wise. Our race starts at 9am EST (6am PST) for all of you who would like to watch live. Click on the link below within the dates it has listed for Monza. Maybe they will have video for qualy and everything too. There was a sticker on the dash of the GTR during Paul Ricard for YouTube to "watch live now" so maybe it's live on YouTube at NISMO.TV. I will let you all know when I find out for sure!

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/gt-tv

Huge fan of the BES races, best of luck this weekend.

Noone said bumping around all the time, but it is going to happen. You arent going to let off after a corner you were slightly faster on then the guy in front, when you got numerous guys directly behind you. Youre going to bump him. Your team could care less about a dent. Watch some v8 supercars
Thats only one of many types of bumps. The out of the corner acceleration bump is the most minor bump of all. Its the side bumps and braking bumps that cause the problems

Thats only one of many types of bumps. The out of the corner acceleration bump is the most minor bump of all. Its the side bumps and braking bumps that cause the problems
agreed, but those are the type caused by the follow cars error, so we'll call those collisions.

Not to change the subject but -

The S.N.A.I.L. DriveTrain Challenge (DTC) - Open to all

Tuesday Race Night
(Event will take place in a friends only room)

04/08/2014 at 10:00 PM EST/ 7:00 pm PST

This event will run with a combined PP of:
1710 (SM)
All cars PP must be between 406 and 449

Qualifying and the first race will take place at

High Speed Ring

If you would like to participate in the next event please post in this thread that you would like to take part. I will add your name to the list. You can also add your name and car lineup to the

Please click on the images below for more details on the series.

Last edited:

Like the one around 2:00 in this video?

Dear lord that was horrible! That guy should have his racing license revoked!

I doubt a penalty was filed and the drivers probably laughed it off in the bar after the race.

Caddy Guy: "Dang son, I nearly lost it on that tap into the corkscrew! Had no idea you were there, man those brakes are good on that Porsche"

Porsche Guy: "Haha, yeah. Sweet save. Good thing you have 50hp on us, because I was all over your fat butt. Fun race though, I'll see you in my rear view next round :cheers:"

Fixed for ya. Aggressive != Dirty.

I offer proof using what I call Snail Math ;)

Aggressive passer + Aggressive defender = Incident

Incident = Bad

Dirty * Aggressive = Bad

Incident = Dirty * Agressive

Aggressive(passer + defender) = Dirty * Aggressive

passer + defender = Dirty

on the flipside:

passer + defender = Clean

Aggressive(passer + defender) = Clean * Aggressive

Clean = -Dirty

Aggressive passer + Aggressive defender = -Dirty * Aggressive

Aggressive passer + Aggressive defender = -(Incident)

Pass = -Incident

Aggressive passer + Aggressive defender = Pass

In other words 1 + 1 = 5 :cheers:

You lost me at math.

Really? I was watching your lap times at Tsukuba and I could have sworn I saw heal-toe downshifting. I've never noticed throttle blips from anyone using a DFGT.

That's more of a nervous habit...I drive heel-toe in my car, and I guess it seems to have carried over when I shift during braking in GT6. I don't kick the throttle though... Kaz was nice enough to program the game to do it for me ;)

bnmTDRx.jpg

It's my pleasure to announce SNAIL's sponsorship of Nick McMillen for his upcoming season in the
Blancpain Endurance Series!! As you guys probably know, Nick is the 2013 US GT Academy Champion and these upcoming races represent the next steps in his journey "from Virtual to Reality".. And since SNAIL represents the "Virtual" part of his journey, we think it's only fitting that we're there to support him in the "Reality" portion of his career as well. Sponsoring Nick will result in more exposure for the league and it'll be a lot of fun too. :)

For those of you that would like to participate, we've put together some sponsorship packages that will not only allow you support Nick's career and help promote SNAIL, but will also enable you to score some sweet SNAIL swag! Here's a list of the available sponsorship packages and the gifts you'll receive with each:

Platinum Sponsor ($150)
- You will receive the Gold, Silver, and Bronze gifts, plus a SNAIL shirt (size XL) with our current logo, and a copy of GTPEDIA!

Gold Sponsor ($100) - You will receive the Silver and Bronze gifts, plus a shirt (any size) with the new SNAIL logo!

Silver Sponsor ($50) - You will receive the Bronze gift, plus a frameable print of Nick McMillen (and his race car) provided by the guys who manage GT Academy. The print will include our logo and will also be autographed with a personalized message from Nick!

Bronze Sponsor ($30) - You will receive a package of decals/stickers with the new SNAIL logo!

If you would to be an official sponsor of Nick, please reply to this post with the sponsorship package you would like. If we are able to exceed our fundraising goal, all of the extra proceeds will be used to buy things for Team SNAIL to bid on in the Marketplace. Thanks for your support!

List of Sponsors:
@KTR5 - Gold
@hooker4 - Bronze

@jobyone - Bronze

I would like to get the silver package for now, but put me down as a maybe cause I got to make sure I have enough saved up when I graduate in 5 weeks.

Back