◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments
Thanks for taking to time to write these notes, guys. I'm really proud of DG as well. What a remarkable turnaround! Seems like only yesterday I was chatting with him in my lounge reviewing incidents of over-aggressive driving. Fast forward to today where his racecraft is exemplary and his pace is too 👍. Be sure to follow @Dgafaboutany1 so that you guys can give him some love when he's on TV tomorrow night! :)

Cant wait for the show to air it's going to be so cool being at nationals was something ill never forget
Also the time spent with fellow snails friends for life Hill,Martin,Nick,josh

Hey SNAILs,
In recent weeks, I've heard reports of several incidents of drivers arguing or bickering in the lounge about racing incidents (over the mics or in the chat window). And while we've tried to address this situation with new members in Question 15 of the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test, I don't think we've done a good enough job explaining to existing members that this type of behavior is inappropriate. Therefore, with the inspiration of this post many months ago, I'd like to announce the..

S.N.A.I.L. Cookie Policy
In a nutshell, the "cookie policy" means that nobody should confront, accuse, or imply that a fellow driver was at fault in a racing incident until after league night is over. First of all, you can never be sure who's "eating your cookies" until you check the replays. Secondly, the confrontation creates a negative atmosphere in the lounge and is uncomfortable for others to read or listen to. And most importantly, history has shown that in-lounge confrontations result in negative outcomes far more often than positive resolutions.

If you feel that you have been a victim of poor racecraft, please wait until after the races are over and review the replays so that you can watch the incident from multiple perspectives. If, after reviewing the replays, you feel that your original suspicions were correct, then file a Racing Incident Report to the stewards.

Failure to adhere to the "cookie policy" can result in penalties and the loss of points (just like an on-track penalty). Please do yourself (and everyone else in the lounge) a favor by waiting until league night is over before taking action on a racing incident.

Last edited:
Can't make tonight worked the USA vs BRA women's soccer match in Orlando and I'm coming down with a cold. Better rest up. Enjoy your evening.

I predict 1 of 3 things will happen. Put money on it.

I will go off in turn one.
I will be punted off in turn one.
I will punt someone in turn one. (will spend more energy on avoiding this one)

Just finished some practice and decided I needed a scotch.

I'm a bit rusty with street cars as I've been spending these last days of GT5 with my first love - Ferrari F1s.

Last edited:
Daytona's turn 1 and bus stop are beyond my skill set at this time - with the vette.
Same here, Joe, especially Turn 1.

I am hoping to avoid your three possible outcomes, esp the first one.

FYI to those following me at Daytona, into turn 1 specifically... I will be dropping the height of my seat down so I can barely see over the wheel, leaving my left turn signal on, and finding a wig of pale blue hair to wear while I brake early and often. :lol:

Follow closely at your peril.

Saw Russ click of something faster. I myself ran 1:00.9's

Joe I found 6/2 worked well. It really helps in turn 1. And trail braking helps keep the rear end from trying to step out.

Haven't had the chance to race as much as I'd like so I'll probably be rusty but I will be back on the grid for tonight. Looking forward to getting back and seeing everyone.

Well I just found out the hotel I'm at doesn't have spike tv so I guess I'm going to have to watch a replay instead. Hoping the Internet let's me play tonight.

Well I just found out the hotel I'm at doesn't have spike tv so I guess I'm going to have to watch a replay instead. Hoping the Internet let's me play tonight.
Hill If you would like to download the Verizon tv anywhere app, I can give you my log in and you can watch it on your laptop if you have it with you.

What times are GT Academy airing across SNAIL land. I just looked and it isn't on until 10:30pm PST.

Hmm, that's odd. It should be 7:30pm Pacific since it's 10:30pm Eastern / 9:30pm Central. That's what this article says and I've confirmed it in my DVR as well. Hopefully the whole country gets to see it at the same time!

By the way everyone, along with following @SNAIL_Racing please be sure to follow the SNAIL's who'll be on the show:

@ GumballCGT

@dgafaboutany1

@martinsprau

@Joey_Barbato

@chillracing

Let's give them the support they deserve during the show by giving them mentions on your Twitter feed. Also, be sure to include #GTAcademy and #SNAIL on your tweets. 👍

Last edited:
Division 3 Directors Report
Once again we've had another great night of racing! They're were some really close races and I certainly had a lot of fun! Congrats to @Schmiggz on the preliminary win for tonight! Thanks to all who came out and hopefully we'll have another great turnout next week!

cmbeal317

Hill If you would like to download the Verizon tv anywhere app, I can give you my log in and you can watch it on your laptop if you have it with you.
I might just take you up on this offer. I'm thinking I'll see if there's a sports bar or something near the hotel that has Spike also.

Was great to be back on the grid tonight. Had some fun battles. Definitely rusty but still enjoyed it.

Back