◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Hmm, perhaps for short races it might not be a great idea. If the timer expires when half the racers are past the start/finish and half are approaching they won't get to race that extra lap. Prolly best to just set the laps ahead of time.

Just thought I'd post some pictures of the new VGT

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicanes_zps6ed5d601.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicanes_2_zps7ee698e9.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicanes_1_zpsda6ddc90.jpg

Love the look of this car!
So there are the pics I will use when I tune this beast.

[
So could we switch SNAIL to run 10 minute sprints? How does the timer work, when it goes off all cars get to complete their lap? or when it goes off the race is over?
Yes they do FLIP tested it this afternoon.

On another but problematical subject. I tried to race Bathurst this afternoon....I'll paste my comment for GBCC and SNAIL enduro. FYI
Nail-27 said
Just tried to race at Bathurst with GTP_WRS weekly group. I got frozen...had to completely reboot. Moderator got DCd twice (he is on a NAT 1). In the race we got 3 guys DCd in three laps and quit and went to Brands. Don't even think about racing there until they fix it. The place is haunted.

Anybody know whats new in the dealership after the update? It says new over top of the dealership icon. Cant seem to find anything new

SNAIL HOST, SCOREKEEPER, AND REPLAY UPLOADER POLICY
Effective immediately all finishing positions, combo votes, and replays must be recorded / uploaded in the proper place no later than 8PM ET on the Monday following our Sunday night races.

Lap time data may still be entered in the results document any time in the week after all the information has been moved to that document.

In the event that finishing positions and combo votes are not entered by this deadline, the votes will not be counted that week and any prize winner from that division will be declared ineligible for prizes for that week. If any division has a recurring issue with not getting this done before the deadline, the stewards may step in and levy further penalties including multiple weeks of prize ineligibility or in extreme cases, forfeiture of all points for a week in which data is not entered.

Replays must be uploaded to the proper place. The preferred location is the steward’s folder. This is located here: D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6 D7 D8 WC. If you do not have access to these folders then the open folder is located here: public folder

In the event that replays are not uploaded by the deadline, any prize winner from that division will be declared ineligible for prizes for that week. If any division has a recurring issue with not getting this done before the deadline, the stewards may step in and levy further penalties including multiple weeks of prize ineligibility or in extreme cases, forfeiture of all points for a week in which replays are not uploaded.

Also effective immediately is that all hosts and drivers will now be required to follow the instructions in this post: host and driver responsibilities.

Failure by any host to follow these procedures will result in the entire division being declared ineligible for prizes. If the host continues to not follow these procedures, they will be removed as host. Any drivers who do not follow these procedures will simply not be able to race if they haven’t done what they need to do.

To summarize. For a driver to be eligible for prizes they need to have been a member of SNAIL long enough to have been evaluated in one round of Promotion and Relegation, and raced enough to show that they are placed correctly. Their division must have entered finishing results and combo votes by 8PM ET on Monday, their division must have uploaded all replays to the correct location by 8PM ET on Monday, their host must have followed all the procedures outlined for hosting a SNAIL Sunday night lobby.

@ExoSphere64 can you please add these descriptions and rules to the job descriptions in the Team SNAIL document.

Last edited:
What would be the process for solving an issue like this? Is it an executive decision? Would @Rednose58 be free to choose a new combo, new track only? Would the decision be made immediately or after Official practice night? How Has SNAIL dealt with similar problems in the past?

FWIW I tried practicing with MM-Leadfoot this morning, and sound quality was terrible but we got kicked by server shutdown. (Thanks for the help)

[

Yes they do FLIP tested it this afternoon.

On another but problematical subject. I tried to race Bathurst this afternoon....I'll paste my comment for GBCC and SNAIL enduro. FYI
Nail-27 said
Just tried to race at Bathurst with GTP_WRS weekly group. I got frozen...had to completely reboot. Moderator got DCd twice (he is on a NAT 1). In the race we got 3 guys DCd in three laps and quit and went to Brands. Don't even think about racing there until they fix it. The place is haunted.

If it creates too many problems in the official practice rooms tomorrow night, the track will need to be replaced and that will fall back on the person who selected it and it would only be a track replacement.

Not to be a Debby downer, as much as I love Mt. Panorama, it's already frozen on me one time today, with 4 people in the room. I cringe at the thought of running a full room on league night on this track.

Does anybody elses audio get all wonky on Mt. Panorama sometimes? It's an intermittent issue, where all of the sudden the audio will get all choppy, then come back, then it'll start going so crazy that it hurts my ears in my headset and I have to turn it off. It's very odd, but I feel like I might be the only one that has it.

Does anybody elses audio get all wonky on Mt. Panorama sometimes? It's an intermittent issue, where all of the sudden the audio will get all choppy, then come back, then it'll start going so crazy that it hurts my ears in my headset and I have to turn it off. It's very odd, but I feel like I might be the only one that has it.
This is what we were experiencing this morning, mic breakup, steady crackle of ingame sound

Yes..snap crackle fart...lousy audio...that was our first clue this afternoon that we were in trouble when the audio still sucked. Obviously it wasn't fixed in this go round and it seems to be getting worse...unusable even:guilty:

Does GTP have a reporting procedure back to the mothership when obvious programming problems exist or is there a real channel for individuals to report things to POL.

Last edited:
Anybody know whats new in the dealership after the update? It says new over top of the dealership icon. Cant seem to find anything new
Many believe that it is PD getting ready for the Ayrton Senna dealership. And that means we will actually get Senna content.

I just received a message from @Rednose58. He is following the posts but due to his work's network blocking him from posting he can't reply. Due to the concerns about Bathurst he said he will chose a backup track later tonight. He should be able to come online in about 3 hours from now.

I had audio issues the last time we raced Bathurst. Everything but the voice chat cut out. Quite a challenge to race since I use the sounds of the engine and tires to drive more than the speedo and tach.

I had audio issues the last time we raced Bathurst. Everything but the voice chat cut out. Quite a challenge to race since I use the sounds of the engine and tires to drive more than the speedo and tach.
If you can get your RPMs low the sound comes back, just like how hitting start then circle gets your gauges back. If I have the presence of mind I'll shift up to 5th or 6th on what should be a 2nd gear turn, and that's always done the trick.

Reviewed.. 17?... Incidents. Hope to be able to review last 2-3 by Friday if needed.

Hoping to make it to practice on Thursday, with Ferrari track possibly TBD.

Can't wait to get home and update the game!

On another note, I think Bathurst should be the very first thing everyone runs on Thursday night, that way we can make a decision early in the night.

We can try everything possible to help make the room work
- turn voice chat off on Sunday
- keep weather variability off
- find a time that keeps shadows to a minimum
- or even, just to see if it works, try a standard at Bathurst

I know it's a pain, but it would suck if SNAIL just has to avoid one of the game's coolest tracks because PD has a few bugs.

I just received a message from @Rednose58. He is following the posts but due to his work's network blocking him from posting he can't reply. Due to the concerns about Bathurst he said he will chose a backup track later tonight. He should be able to come online in about 3 hours from now.
I will leave it up to the stewards to decide, but with all the issues on Panorama I suggest Silverstone GP circuit as the back-up.

We can try everything possible to help make the room work
- turn voice chat off on Sunday
- keep weather variability off
- find a time that keeps shadows to a minimum
- or even, just to see if it works, try a standard at Bathurst

I know it's a pain, but it would suck if SNAIL just has to avoid one of the game's coolest tracks because PD has a few bugs.

While I agree that we shouldn't have to avoid a track, I think to avoid the inevitable headaches caused by a glitchy track would be a good idea. I just want to race and have fun. I would hate to get into it only to get booted or have half the division disappear.

How about the following?
Car Tires Track
Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 SH Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
Comments
Should be 2:17 to 2:23 for most.
Suggest 5 Laps and 7 min Qually
i choose to freeze Brands hatch
For prize B since @joe_diben froze Brands Hatch Grand Prix, I will choose.......

Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01 as my car of choice for the track.

STATS:
499PP/180HP
SPORTS MEDIUM TIRES
Roughly 11-12 minutes for 7 laps

@JLBowler
Thanks for making your prize selections so quickly! I'm sorry for the delay in getting the lineup updated, but I had to deal with another "fun" session of manually deleting BB Code that GTP12 randomly inserts that jacks the whole post up. Thankfully, we have things in the works to alleviate ourselves of that issue, and other similar issues, soon. That being said..

The May 18th lineup has been posted!! :gtpflag:

For prize B since @joe_diben froze Brands Hatch Grand Prix, I will choose.......

Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01 as my car of choice for the track.

STATS:
499PP/180HP
SPORTS MEDIUM TIRES
Roughly 11-12 minutes for 7 laps

@JLBowler
I for one do not like your choice, it's clearly a GAMERS CHOICE and not a REAL GROWN UP! RACERS CHOICE!
Just my thought!

I didn't invest over a thousand dollars to race/play with silly toy cars!

Last edited:
Back