◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,326 comments
I like me some Fuji as well. My choice would have been the F version of the track but I can deal with the GT course as well. Look out D2, this might motivate me to actually run some laps leading up to Sunday night.

New seasonals up for anyone that's interested. High End G37 at streets of willow, Rocket Car at Suzuka and Lancer EVO in the snow at Chamonix.

Last edited:
S.N.A.I.L. comes back in a big way :D

92 S.N.A.I.L.s were on the grid last Sunday Night, setting a new high water mark :cheers:

View attachment 114546

Way to go guys! 92 is a lot of SNAILs, and there are many who didn't even race on Sunday night. If 100 of more drivers race this Sunday night, I'll award $100 in PSN Cards to members of the league (ten lucky drivers will win $10 each). Let's break the century mark! :D

In the meantime..

Last edited:
I'm putting up a $10 PSN Card up for sale. Use it to buy upcoming DLC for GT6 or any other game you want!!

playstation-network-card-10.jpg

It will be sold as an auction and there is no minimum bid and no reserve price!

Proper Bidding Etiquette
If you want to place a bid our outbid someone else, please clearly state how many $hells you are bidding and what you're bidding on. It is also preferred if your bid post is in reply to the original listing (if you're the first bidder) or in reply to the highest current bid (if you're outbidding someone else). As an example, a simple reply of "I bid __ $hells for the _____" would be sufficient. 👍

IMPORTANT: Do not bid more $hells than the number of $hells you currently own.

How To Win
Once someone's bid lasts for 24 hours without being outbid by somebody else, the auction will close and the highest bidder will be declared the winner. I will then the lucky SNAIL a PSN code to redeem for $10!

HAPPY BIDDING AND GOOD LUCK!! :)

Last edited:
I'm putting up a $10 PSN Card up for sale. Use it to buy upcoming DLC for GT6 or any other game you want!!

playstation-network-card-10.jpg

It will be sold as an auction and there is no minimum bid and no reserve price!

Proper Bidding Etiquette
If you want to place a bid our outbid someone else, please clearly state how many $hells you are bidding and what you're bidding on. It is also preferred if your bid post is in reply to the original listing (if you're the first bidder) or in reply to the highest current bid (if you're outbidding someone else). As an example, a simple reply of "I bid __ $hells for the _____" would be sufficient. 👍

IMPORTANT: Do not bid more $hells than the number of $hells you currently own.

How To Win
Once someone's bid lasts for 24 hours without being outbid by somebody else, the auction will close and the highest bidder will be declared the winner. I will then mail the shirt to the lucky SNAIL!

HAPPY BIDDING AND GOOD LUCK!! :)

Wait a minute. I'm gonna bid on a PSN card and you're gonna ship me a shirt :confused:

:lol:

I would love another real world track. Some current Formula 1 circuit like Sepang or Montreal. Or the beautiful Portuguese Autodromo do Estoril.

..... and Porsche.
Sepang would be cool. That penultimate corner is devious. And speaking of Estoril, I wouldn't mind seeing Estoril's Spanish doppelganger either :) For the purposes of SNAIL, Interlagos, COTA, India, Turkey, Singapore, or even Korea would be a blast.

Infineon, Road Atlanta, Sebring, Mid Ohio, etc. would also be a fun direction to go.

As long as they keep 'em coming (as they've implied they will), I'll be happy.

Edit: Brain fart.

I choose...

Alpine A110 1600S '73
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit (Bathurst)

Time: 10:30
Progression: 1

(Note this is the standard, not premium, car. The Premium car doesn't have the correct gearing for Bathurst. The standard car just barely hits the limiter at the end of the longest straight but I hope it isn't too much of an issue.)

I was reading this the other day and it's been on my mind...
http://bringatrailer.com/2014/01/30/michelotti-blue-1976-alpine-a110/

1976_Alpine_A110_Front_resize.jpg

1976_Alpine_A110_Rear_resize.jpg

1976_Alpine_A110_Engine_resize.jpg

Oh and this too....

ATTENTION - WE HAVE A CHANGE IN THE PRIZES!

The prize winners listed below are clear to select their combo choice.

The rest of the hard working Steward Crew should be done with the balance of the racing reviews shortly, but the ever present and undeniably creepy call for "Heeeeyyy... Meeeester.... where are dem Combos?" a repetitive refrain that haunts me like a zombie with halitosis sitting behind me at a movie theater asking for popcorn or, more likely, some sort of child's pretzel snack. Wait... that's a dream??... a nightmare??... or... anyways...Well, there you are. OK - Were. Yeah, and.... um... Back to the Combos!
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 (Sports Hard tires) at Autodromo Nazionale Monza (5 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @chuyler1 Daniel Pinho wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Lotus Elise Race Car '96 (Racing Hard tires) at Côte d’Azur (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Daniel Pinho chuyler1 gets Prize B, he gets to decide which part of the combo is replaced and what replaces it.

It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required).

Car Selection Guidelines

Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $250,000 http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php?max_price=250000 will help identify what's what.

DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines

Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting.
As requested on OP #47915

Round 2
Car: Lotus Elise Race Car '96 (Racing Hard tires)
Track: Fuji Speedway GT
I choose...

Alpine A110 1600S '73

(Note this is the standard, not premium, car. The Premium car doesn't have the correct gearing for Bathurst. The standard car just barely hits the limiter at the end of the longest straight but I hope it isn't too much of an issue.)

Oh and this too....

Thanks for making your Prize A and Prize B selections! Also, thanks to @Handlebar for updating the new prize assignments.

The February 16th lineup has been posted! :gtpflag:

Let's see some lineup photos for @jobyone to select from! Remember, $hells are up for grabs! :D

I choose...

Alpine A110 1600S '73

Oh and this too....

I love you for choosing Mount Panorama!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I think the track is pretty, but I am not yet a huge fan of racing Mt. Panorama. :indiff:

I am looking forward to these combos. :cheers: And since school was cancelled yet again... I can practice a bit today once I finish up temporary 'other duties as assigned or delegated' this morning. 👍

Ok, after those replays, and the 110% chance I will be dragged out to the sledding hill. ;) Then I can practice.

I think the track is pretty, but I am not yet a huge fan of racing Mt. Panorama. :indiff:
I saw a lot of requests for the track and its one I need to learn myself. I was prepared to bring the Elise to the track (which is amazing BTW, that car sticks almost every corner on rails). When I was granted the A prize it took me a while to find something else that wouldn't top out on the straight, that didn't overpower the uphill turns, and didn't understeer into every barrier. There will be lots of passing opportunities with this car/track combo. I just urge drivers not to attempt to be aggressive or make up time on the first portion of the downhill. If you wait to brake until just before "The Dipper", you'll be using your car as a roadblock shortly after.

I saw a lot of requests for the track and its one I need to learn myself. I was prepared to bring the Elise to the track (which is amazing BTW, that car sticks almost every corner on rails). When I was granted the A prize it took me a while to find something else that wouldn't top out on the straight, that didn't overpower the uphill turns, and didn't understeer into every barrier. There will be lots of passing opportunities with this car/track combo. I just urge drivers not to attempt to be aggressive or make up time on the first portion of the downhill. If you wait to brake until just before "The Dipper", you'll be using your car as a roadblock shortly after.
The Elise would have topped out.

Go slower than you think you have to (at first) for everything from Skyline to the Elbow. That section is a car eater (sung to the tune of "Maneater").

The Elise would have topped out.
With a boost from the draft it might have, but on typical laps with cool tires (less than 5 laps) it would only hit it if you perfected Forest's Elbow, then missed the optimal braking point at the end of Conrod Straight. The car stopped accelerating down the straight right near the limiter but couldn't get past it.
Go slower than you think you have to (at first) for everything from Skyline to the Elbow. That section is a car eater (sung to the tune of "Maneater").
Yep, that'll do it. You can't panic brake at any point between Skyline and Dipper. If you do it essentially lifts the back of the car off the ground and the motor becomes a pendulum that swings you around. If you're gonna win this race...it won't be because you were the fastest through that section...I can almost guarantee it. Practice being fast everywhere else and just worry about surviving those corners.

I choose...

Alpine A110 1600S '73

Oh and this too....

I just bought this car last week, it's a lot of fun:tup:

Back