◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Hmmmm. I think I'm good now Wolfiez, thank you. All six replays zipped without changing anything towards file name and uploading right now. Uuufffff... I'm ready to do this every week now.

Thank you Schmiggz. That is exactly what I was looking for. Now I can get to work.

Perhaps a simpler solution to the excessive "where are the combos?" questions might be adding another question to the new driver quiz. "Where are the new combos posted?"

To me I don't see it as a question of "where are the combos posted" but "when are the combos posted".

Posting them a week in advance would present a more professional atmosphere, but that's just my opinion.

Just to be clear, I say this because SnailRacing prides it's self (and rightly so) on being a highly respected league that continues to grow and improve upon it's policies and procedures to help better promote racing and maintain a well respected and professional environment.

Last edited:
ATTENTION - WE HAVE A CHANGE IN THE PRIZES!

The prize winners listed below are clear to select their combo choice.

The rest of the hard working Steward Crew should be done with the balance of the racing reviews shortly, but the ever present and undeniably creepy call for "Heeeeyyy... Meeeester.... where are dem Combos?" a repetitive refrain that haunts me like a zombie with halitosis sitting behind me at a movie theater asking for popcorn or, more likely, some sort of child's pretzel snack. Wait... that's a dream??... a nightmare??... or... anyways...Well, there you are. OK - Were. Yeah, and.... um... Back to the Combos!

The round that received the most elimination votes was:

Round 1 - Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 (Sports Hard tires) at Autodromo Nazionale Monza (5 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @chuyler1 Daniel Pinho wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Lotus Elise Race Car '96 (Racing Hard tires) at Côte d’Azur (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Daniel Pinho chuyler1 gets Prize B, he gets to decide which part of the combo is replaced and what replaces it.

It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required).

Car Selection Guidelines

Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $250,000 http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php?max_price=250000 will help identify what's what.

DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines

Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting.

To me I don't see it as a question of "where are the combos posted" but "when are the combos posted".

Posting them a week in advance would present a more professional atmosphere, but that's just my opinion.

I like this approach... it would do away with the "what are the combos" on problem.

We would need one week buffer, so we could just run some random week's combos from way back when -- or some kind of "best of" week, chosen by Zero and kcheeb.

So then (if we were to start this week), chuyler could choose the combos for 2 wks from now, and everyone would know well in advance what the combos were. Whoever won this weekend would choose for the weekend after that..

"Posting them a week in advance would present a more professional atmosphere, but that's just my opinion."

Once we get paid like professionals.... ah, never mind. However, I see both sides of the new idea.

For decent to 'quick to pick up' drivers - and that is more on actual reading comprehension than in actual track speed, the novelty, or variations of two different sets of combos could be fun, so I will call that a definite positive.

For guys who need to have the correct car on the correct night, and know how to hit their braking points and not the guy in front of them... I think this will have certain negatives.

I think that having everyone develop some patience and perhaps even a sense of volunteerism, we'll be better served and more collegial as well as more efficient.

Many willing hands makes for light work - or some variation on that meaning.

I though of another drawback to delaying the combo selections a week and posting them on Monday. The driver making the pick could very easily make his decision early and let a few of his buddies know what his pick is going to be thus giving a small group even more time to prepare thus further unbalancing the playing field. In this respect, it's better to let the winner know and get the pick in A.S.A.P. so everyone has very close to the same amount of time to prepare.

Like I've said many times earlier, no matter what we do, the questions about when combos will be announced will never stop happening. People in general just won't bother to read or look around and will continue to ask a question that takes longer to type than it does to look at post #2.

Sorry guys, I was fully prepared for prize B, not for prize A. I'll be on tonight to figure out a prize A. I'm glad the Elise is staying because that was my plan as well. Anyway, you'll know what the selection is by 10:30-11:00 eastern and I'll post the lobby once I've verified the combo works.

Team S.N.A.I.L.
Update

With
the February season off to a great start, Team SNAIL is really doing a great job! All of the divisions appear to be filling out nicely. There are still several back up positions that need to be filled. If you have the inclination to help your division, take a look HERE to see what positions are still available! Thank you all for supporting our League!! Also a huge thanks goes out to @Schmiggz for looking out for his division by getting their much needed replays sorted out! :cheers:

One of the areas that we really need help with is practice night. Practice night has always been a staple within SNAIL and with all that has been happening over the past couple of months, it seems like Thursday practice has fallen by the way side. Since everything is starting to settle down, this will be a good time to get things going again. What we need are:

• Practice Coordinator: Coordinate and help facilitate practice night by keeping track of who is going to host and possibly be pro active in recruiting multiple hosts. Assist with posts and ensure all rooms are ready via the thread.

• Practice Hosts: One or more from varying divisions with A+ or above average connections and have a working knowledge of how League nights are set up and racing conducted.

These positions have the potential to be on par with the Stewards Corp in respect to a special Team within The Team. A few members with a little dedication and some creativity could really make practice night an event all its own! Thank you all for your efforts and helping to keep SNAIL the #1 League out there!!

i would like to join the league how do i sign up
thanks my ps3 name is singlepaddy
@singlepaddy,
You just did!
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Back