◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
Sweet, Silverstone or part of has been scanned by the Gran Turismo crew 👍

No word on if it's for GT5, 6 or 7 though :(

Hell yeah! I would love to see Silverstone (or any new track for that matter) as DLC content for GT5. However, I'm really hoping that PD isn't waiting for the PS4 launch to release GT6. :nervous:

Damn, should be call the wambulance forbthis tire thing? I like a mix of everyone's ideas, first look at its purpose, was it for street/show or race/track ready? Both of the 86 concepts are for sure street. The can-am mustang was for sure teack prepped. The re-amemiya is a street tuner. We should loom at the build intent, and if in doubt, what are the default tires.

Btw. KB, all rules are open to change up to 24 hours before an event. So technically, though very unlikely, a whole gambit of rules could change just like that on Friday. Though it would probably wait till the next Monday.

We should loom at the build intent, and if in doubt, what are the default tires.

I was thinking suspension....but I notice the McLaren has fixed sports (458, Gallardo, Ford GT, Viper ACR all have the standard ones) so that could open another debate :/

Hopefully it will have the old configurations as well. The new one is weird.

Article doesn't say which versions/layouts were scanned for sure, but I'd find it hard to believe they'd only do the Stowe Circuit, If they do the GP Circuit, the National and International are just sections of the GP Circuit.

But this is PD after all ...

The new circuit is just new ;)

what ever shades I have... I won't be in D3, so don't worry about it. :crazy:

I'm not worried since I changed my colour a few weeks ago. Just thought I'd ask as there are a lot of people who use green already, no need to bite my head off about it.

Jeez everyone's out for jbica today. Let's not make him angry, after all his colours already make him look like the Hulk.

Last edited:
Jbica does have a point that Hillracing knew (or at least had a hunch) the car was a tuner car. Yes, it's in the Toyota dealership, but it has GSports (the name of the tuner) in the title of the car.

This is a copy paste of his original post with his selection:

For my prize selection I chose to keep the track and change the car to:

Toyota FT-86 G Sports Concept '10.

I really think that track is interesting but needed something harder to drive. This should fit the bill but not to the point of being too difficult. Hope this doesn't fall under a tuner car for any reason because it's good on SM tires and RH would make it way too easy to drive.

I say let Hillracing make another selection and in the meantime make a decision on weather or not to include tuner cars with race cars. Better yet would be to put a list of the tuners from the premium dealership together and divided them between street and race.

Jeez everyone's out for jbica today. Let's not make him angry, after all his colours already make him look like the Hulk.

His color might also make him look like Krusty the Clown (just look at his avatar). Either way, you're right about not making him angry. I wouldn't want to be locked in a dark room with either the Hulk or Krusty. Nobody is likely to survive either scenario. :scared:

Can someone give me a run down on how colors work? This past week we had several of us in Silver. Not that it matters. However the pictures after are much better with a variety of colors on track.

Also jumping in Div 1 room and gonna run some races to break in the new cars.

I say let Hillracing make another selection and in the meantime make a decision on weather or not to include tuner cars with race cars.

If we decide that all tuner cars deserve race tires (as the current regulations are listed), then of course we would allow Hillracing to change his selection. However, as mentioned earlier today, the lumping or tuner cars with race cars was not necessarily the right thing to do.

Better yet would be to put a list of the tuners from the premium dealership together and divided them between street and race.

I've been going through cars to see which ones come with adjustable downforce and which ones do not, but I've found some examples that don't necessarily make that a full-proof way to look at it. Your idea about putting a list of tuner cars together and pre-designating them as either "street" or "race" is probably the only way to settle the debate once and for all and avoid ambiguity down the road. 👍

Anyone want to volunteer for that? :D

His color might also make him look like Krusty the Clown (just look at his avatar). Either way, you're right about not making him angry. I wouldn't want to be locked in a dark room with either the Hulk or Krusty. Nobody is likely to survive either scenario. :scared:

I like Skills idea of the Hulk better than Krusty, so I changed it.... LOL

I like Skills idea of the Hulk better than Krusty, so I changed it.... LOL

Damn, that's one demonic version of Hulk! More importantly, there's no purple in it! :lol:

Might I suggest something like this:

hulk-2.jpg

tez, just put jbica down for "Hulk green" (it's a slightly darker shade of green than Ap's "John Deere green". :lol:

john-deere-2520.jpg

In making the list, it's obvious that the GSports F86 is going to fall under the "street" class so is it safe to assume that we are rolling with it this week on the sports tires?

I will also put a list together and then Dabneyd and I can compare lists before we announce it.

TUNER CAR LIST

AEM
S2000 - This is a drift car, and I'm going go with Sports tires on all drift cars

Amuse
Nismo 380RS Super Leggera - Sports
S2000 GT1 Turbo - Race - Description says that its performance equals a race car. It has full downforce front and back.
Amuse S2000 R1 '04 - Sports

Art Morrison
Corvette '60 - Sports

Autobacs
Arta Garaiya - Race - GT300

Blitz
Dunlop ER34 Skyline '07 - Sports - Drift Car

Gran Turismo
350Z RS - Sports

Grand Touring Garage
1970 Ford Mustang Trans-Cammer - Race - I mean, there's a net in the window!

High End Performance
G37 - Sport - I went back and forth on this one, but I'm going to guess that the intent on this car was to make it street-legal, just kind of insane.

HKS
CT230R '08 - Race - It's a circuit time-attack car, I'd guess race tires...

HPA Motorsports
FT565 Twin Turbo Audi TT - Sports

Mine's
BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 Base '06 - Sports

Nismo
Nismo 270 R '94 - Sports
Nismo Fairlady Z S-tune (Z33) '02 - Sports
Nismo 400R '96 - Sports

RE Amemiya
Amemiya FD3S RX-7 - Sports
Amemiya Asparadrink RX7 '06 - Race - GT300

Spoon
Spoon CR-Z - Sports
Spoon Civic Type R (EK) - Sports

TRD
Celica TRD Sports M (ZZ231) '00 - Sports

Trial
Trial Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03 - Sports

Tom's
Tom's X540 Chaser '00 - Sports

Toyota
FT-86 G Sports Concept '10 (P) - Sports - This seems to be the only car from a major manufacturer's
dealership that is actually a tuned car. It says 'Maziora' on the car's description page, but that's the company that makes the color-shift paints.
Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex (S.Shigeno Version) - Sports

Premium Model
Standard Model

Please list any changes/suggestions that you see. I'm working on adding cars from all manufacturers, but this is just the tuner companies so far.

Last edited:
I dont think the section that was there before this new one is even there for them to scan anymore

I know, but there are plenty of references for the old ones. I'm sure there's HD video of it.

edit: It is still all there, but they're covering the 'Bridge' section of the track to build more grandstands.

Last edited:
To add to the debate, this is one of maybe three or four cars that we will have this issue. We should resolve it now before it happens again. It's bought direct from toyota, so in my eyes it isn't a race car. That simple in my own opinion

I know, but there are plenty of references for the old ones. I'm sure there's HD video of it.

Yea they could probably get it if they wanted. But I think they would just do the new layouts however they could do it like Le Mans and name the year of the layout. They might since it IS the most popular to the world

In making the list, it's obvious that the GSports F86 is going to fall under the "street" class so is it safe to assume that we are rolling with it this week on the sports tires?

👍

I will also put a list together and then Dabneyd and I can compare lists before we announce it.

👍 again (or just post where you disagree with him since the list he's working on is already listed publicly above)

I looked at all the concepts and tuner company cars in the premium dealership. The only concept car that would be on the "race" side was the Lexus ISF Racing Concept. All the other concepts are street cars.

Concepts Street:

BMW 1 series concept
Daihatsu OFC-1
Infiniti Coupe Concept
Isuzu 4200R
FT 86 concept
Nissan GT-R Proto

The tuner companies:

The only disagreement I have with Dabneyd's list is the drift cars and the High End G37. The Blitz ER34 and the AEM S2000. These cars have full cages in them with adjustable suspension. To me, they are purpose built cars for competition on a track. They are just meant to look like a street car.

The High End G37 has a full cage in it as well. To me, anything that has a full roll cage is a purpose built track car trying to hide out as a street car.

The High End G37 has a full cage in it as well. To me, anything that has a full roll cage is a purpose built track car trying to hide out as a street car.

I disagree, Its still a Street Legal car. So you would consider the 911 GT3 RS a race car? I think not.

Back