◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
Cape Ring is just to fantasy for my tastes. No doubt I'll endure the pain and race both races. Then Vote for it. LOL

JoeW

Honestly I'm taking my time on Cape Sunday. Slow and not spin or wreck is my goal. Maybe I'll use the old age treachery method or say Tortoise and Hair. LoL

dangerzone641
Changing colors again. red paint and yellow wheels

McDonald's Sponsor?
ED9DFD35-CCD1-40D6-8F8E-08B766725290-16054-00000D47D7495B3A.jpg
5C330250-AD50-471D-A4B9-4685DBFDC416-16054-00000D47E189F4CC.jpg
B54E5545-1F66-4B2D-8F4A-F309F1C277DA-16054-00000D47DD9A6861.jpg

\ __^__ /
/ 0<0 \
\ \____/ /
. \__&bull;__/

Last edited:
Fuji has turned out to be a very pleasant track. Nice and wide but no room for error on the edges. Eiger was better than expected in the lotus after I got the first practice session and race under my belt. Passing will be challenging and I have a feeling there will be some contact come sunday.

Cape is just terrible. I had a ton of fun in the s2000 at Spa. But cape just ruins the whole experience.

For me.

Right, yes, that. I have every car, I think, so that's not a pressing issue. I guess a level 24 ticket so I can give it to my friends when they b*tch about having to buy an FGT or F1 car.

Just sent a Level 24 ticket over to you. :)

Hey Owens, just noticed your Avatar 👍

Dang, his avatar looks much faster than our avatars. I'd say that's appropriate. :lol:

Which reminds me..

Owens, I was gonna ask you about this last night, but I forgot to because of my monitor setup issues. Can't wait to see what you come up with! :drool:

Decided to do a few laps to help out some of you S.N.A.I.L. guys. Filmed this at almost 12am last night so I was a little tired to say the least. Plus I haven't played in the last week so these weren't my fastest laps. Sorry the sound isn't very good. Filmed it on my gopro just for a quick upload. Hope this helps some of you guys out on the difficult Fuji track!

Decided to do a few laps to help out some of you S.N.A.I.L. guys. Filmed this at almost 12am last night so I was a little tired to say the least. Plus I haven't played in the last week so these weren't my fastest laps. Sorry the sound isn't very good. Filmed it on my gopro just for a quick upload. Hope this helps some of you guys out on the difficult Fuji track!
Thanks that is helpful. Can't wait to see if it shaves some time off. I would love to pick up 1 second and drop into the 36's:)

what kind of laps was everyone getting at cape ring?

Honestly, after last nights practice, it looks like lap times might be almost irrelevant for this combo. Even if you're 2-3 seconds off the pace, you can still score a decent finish just by keeping it between the white lines

Hey Gumball,

Thanks for doing that 👍

Just a thought, if you did this in a race and saved the replay, I can record it at 1080i quality :)

I accidentally forgot to save the replay (stupid me lol). I want to try and figure out how to get the normal replay so I can upload it to YouTube and can get the right sound and everything together. If someone could help me out with that it would be appreciated. I'm sure it would be easier for everyone else to watch and learn from too.

I accidentally forgot to save the replay (stupid me lol). I want to try and figure out how to get the normal replay so I can upload it to YouTube and can get the right sound and everything together. If someone could help me out with that it would be appreciated. I'm sure it would be easier for everyone else to watch and learn from too.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr2-gaming.html

I've been told that this is currently the best, but it only works in 720p and requires you to use component cables (no HDMI support).

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr2-gaming.html

I've been told that this is currently the best, but it only works in 720p and requires you to use component cables (no HDMI support).

Their ad, er product page, says it will do up to 1080p and record from HDMI??? Is that the marketers at work again and I missed an asterisk?

EDIT: Here's the asterisk :lol: Note: HD PVR 2 will not record video from HDMI with HDCP copy protection. If you are recording PS3 gameplay, use the included PS3 component video gaming cable.

I use it's father or grandfather, it will do 1080i but you need a pretty decent PC (processor and video card) to do preview while you record or your kind of in the dark.

The S.N.A.I.L. intro video was recorded with that box. When you play it back on your PC, not from Youtube, the quality is very good.

Let me know if you have any questions Gumball, happy to help.

@kcheeb: hence why I don't have one :D I almost picked one up to do replay stuff, but I'm now strapped for time!

@kcheeb: hence why I don't have one :D I almost picked one up to do replay stuff, but I'm now strapped for time!

I got mine about three years ago and as I said, the play back quality from the PC is very good. Uploading to Youtube does a lot to the quality.

I got all excited about a BlackMagic device that has HDMI inputs and outputs and bought, before reading the fine print. Similar story, no HDMI recording plus I couldn't get it to cooperate driver-wise so I gave up. It's an expensive paper weight, and could be for sale ;)

iPhone 4. Tripod, rubber bands. iMovie. Load to Youtube at 720p LoL not super quality but works well for being so simple.

iPhone 4. Tripod, rubber bands. iMovie. Load to Youtube at 720p LoL not super quality but works well for being so simple.

:cheers:

Using the HD PVR isn't overly hard, run your Component cables from your PS3 to the PVR, Component cables from the PVR to your Amplifier or Display. Then connect the PVR to your PC via the USB cable.

Set your PS3 output to Component, start the Capture Software on the PC and click Record, simple :lol:

I used to record 50% F1 2010 races when I was in a league here. 45 to 60 minutes total time with about 40 to 55 minutes of just me driving with the occasional blurs of people passing me :lol:

I'm in D1 running some laps at the two new tracks, if anyone wants to join.

First laps I ran around Cape Ring, I really enjoy this car here. It's so planted, but needs throttle control to minimize understeer over crests and out of the loop. I'm down to a 1:21.4 in two laps. I think 20s are possible.

EDIT: 1:20.647, new fast time.

Havent run the elise yet though. That one seems fun, and easy on the RHs

I suck at the first sector, cant seem to beat a 29.3, so my best lap is a measly 1:10.2

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back