◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,598 comments
  • 21,791,819 views
"Buncha wet behind the ears whippersnappers.", sez the 49 yr old guy.

:D

Oh and yeah, happy birthday Rally.
 
OwensRacing
29 yrs old. You are old. LoL

Says the 37 yr old guy.

Happy birthday rally says the 50 yr old guy! LOL!
 
Actually Owens, that would be 31. And going by looks, attitude and general behavior, I'm certainly young, however, thanks to a rough lifestyle and a short military career, my body feels much, much older then 31.
 
Taking lap times and tire wear into consideration, shouldn't we be doing 7 laps at Cape Ring instead of 8?????
 
Tire wear? Not sure that that is part of the consideration. Just that the race is no shorter then 10 minutes.
 
Anyone have any tips on the last 2 turns on the downhill section of Eiger? My best lap at this point is 1:10.6. I'm trying to find the ideal line that doesn't spin the car out. Maybe I'm in too low of a gear (2nd)?

I have to tip toe through that section and I know that's where I'm losing major time. I've run 26 laps and cannot find the ideal line through there.
 
Rallywagon
Actually Owens, that would be 31. And going by looks, attitude and general behavior, I'm certainly young, however, thanks to a rough lifestyle and a short military career, my body feels much, much older then 31.

See what happens when you hit 37. I knew it was six years difference. How I got 29. Beyond me. LoL

What happen to ya?
 
Rallywagon
Tire wear? Not sure that that is part of the consideration. Just that the race is no shorter then 10 minutes.

I can't finish 8 laps under 11 1/2 minutes. The last lap is horrible because of the tires and I tend to be much easier on tires than many people. I feel sorry for any ds3 users. Any time advantage gained in the first few laps will be lost in the last 2.
 
The video does look good, but just driving around for me wouldn't do it :yuck: I played Forza 3 and couldn't get used to the feel, so I wasn't really considering getting Horizon. I need to look up some more of the game play and some user reviews before I'd commit to it.

If anyone has played it and wants to share their opinions, I'd be all ears.

On the newest Fifth Gear episode, Tiff tests quite a few console & PC racing games, to see which is the most realistic & fun. His results(being a former R/C driver) are quite interesting. Spoiler Alert= He didn't much like the physics of forza or Iracing, lol. PM me for a link.
 
On the newest Fifth Gear episode, Tiff tests quite a few console & PC racing games, to see which is the most realistic & fun. His results(being a former R/C driver) are quite interesting. Spoiler Alert= He didn't much like the physics of forza or Iracing, lol. PM me for a link.

I totally forgot about the new season. How is it?
 
I totally forgot about the new season. How is it?

That episode was Epic, just because it had sim racing & the Isle Of Man TT:)👍👍, but the whole season been pretty good. Reviews of 86 gt & BRZ are good.
 
I've just been informed by my lady that we are going to a birthday party Sunday evening. So I won't be able to tackle Eiger or the Cape Jump with you guys.
 
Fake a mancold so you have to stay home, Random :sly:
 
I totally forgot about the new season. How is it?

It's the best season of Fifth Gear they've put out. They've removed all the insurance ads and stopped the give aways to focus on more show.
 
Hey zero. Do you have an 81 bday ticket yet? I'll be getting one when I log in today.

Nope, don't have an '81 yet. It's not listed here so we can definitely use it!

More importantly, happy birthday!! :cheers:
 
Rallywagon has been around long enough to be in charge.

 
Hey rally, happy birthday you youngster ;)
 
Anyone around wanna shuffle? I'll start a room if so. I'd do the enduro, but I'm easily 6 seconds off pole, 4 or 5 off pace. No fun with so many laps.
 
I can't finish 8 laps under 11 1/2 minutes. The last lap is horrible because of the tires and I tend to be much easier on tires than many people. I feel sorry for any ds3 users. Any time advantage gained in the first few laps will be lost in the last 2.

I use the ds3, and Yea the tire wear is baddddddddddddddddd. I can barely keep it together around the loop for the last few laps.

I am in D1 right now if anyone wants to hop in for some practice and help me out with that S2000.
 
o ok i never get on here on my computer thats y i didnt know, cool beans tho
 
Anyone still up? Headed to d1 to shred some tires at the cape:)
 
I won't be able to race Sunday, gotta go close the camp while I still can.
 
I won't be able to race Sunday, gotta go close the camp while I still can.

That's a bummer, thanks for letting us know Goat 👍
 
Last edited:
will not be on this Sunday guys. sister is getting married.
 
Perhaps that car/track history link could be added to the OP?

Not that it's likely that I'll ever really need it but it would be nice to more easily find it.
 
Perhaps that car/track history link could be added to the OP?

Not that it's likely that I'll ever really need it but it would be nice to more easily find it.

Each results post, linked from the second post has a link to the detailed results Google Doc spreadsheet which has all the information regarding our races. It can be easily bookmarked in your browser :)

The spreadsheet has weekly info, monthly info, driver info, combo info and overall S.N.A.I.L. info. Check the tabs on the bottom for all the different options available.

will not be on this Sunday guys. sister is getting married.

Another bummer, have fun and thanks for letting us know :)
 
Back