◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,786 comments
dangerzone641
Hey guys, just lettin you know that DZ is back and ready to race, add my new account GTP_DZ. if anyone can send me the wagon, it would be greatly appreciated

Hey danger, is that your gt planet id or psn id? If it's your psn id can you send fr's to the divisions you'll need? Thanks!

The Pit Board

“Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters”
Albert Einstein

“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to
succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.”
Abraham Lincoln

T.G.I.F.!! In the real world, those are a great combination of letters, but the way of our world, T.G.I.S. (Thank Goodness It's Sunday) or more appropriately, T.G.I.A.A.S.A.I.C.R.A.T.C.D.!! (Thank Goodness I Am A SNAIL And I Can Race Away This Crappy Day!!). It has been a tough week for me in real life and there has been a little drama in the SNAIL community as well. For me, and I would have to imagine many others, there is nothing like an epic Sunday night to help melt away a week of real life. I have been doing my best to keep up with the thread all week and from what I have seen so far, it look like the vast majority of the SNAIL community is pretty stoked about the combinations this week. Last week I had lead into how valuable the SNAIL Results are when it comes to picking new combinations. Since last week, kcheeb has added even more information to help you winners decide.

kcheeb's Concerto​

One of the latest additions to the SNAIL Results Document is how each division casts votes. In this post, kcheeb has taken all the available data and pie charted each divisions voting preference in regard to each round. It is a pretty cool addition to what is becoming an epic database. Take a look and see how the results panned out. While there is almost always some lively banter about the combinations that get chosen, and I think that is healthy for our league, "The people choosing the cars and tracks are doing a grand job!" Along with the graphs, there is a tab that breaks down each week and how the votes turn out. This is a great place to see what types of combinations are popular and which kind don't stick.

More Car/Track Information

Although some of our drivers already have a combination in their heads picked out when their turn to choose arrives, there are many that are not sure what to do when it is their turn. I alluded to this in the first paragraph. As much as I love cars and such, I really can't say I am educated enough to pick a combo that would have all the elements that our league looks for when that time arrives. I would definitely consult the SNAIL Results Document! I glossed over some of this last week, but since I have noticed that not only are car and track appearances listed, there is a list of all available SNAIL cars with dealership and broken in PP (work in progress) drivetrain, premium or standard, race or street, tire designation and price! This week there has been an addition to the data that now includes track lengths, total time lengths and average MPH. With all this information and a little cross referencing, one could find the perfect, original combination!!

The GranStand Challenge​

As you are all aware, we are roughly mid way through the GranStand challenge! (Woohoo and HUGE thank you to GranStand for backing our league!!) If you haven't been lurking around the SNAIL Results Document lately, the GranStand Challenge tab has really taken shape! Pretty exciting stuff and there are several ways to increase your chances! Keep track of zer05ive's posts for more info!!

Tonight is the end of yet another week in the real world for most of us but the beginning of another great racing weekend for all of us. Let's take this week and what we have all learned and meet on the field of battle this Sunday night and race like hell... With respect.

Race Hard, Race Clean, Race SNAIL

For those who would like a refresher on how get GranStand Challenge points, here's zer0's original post for the GranStand Challenge.

I've update my earlier announcement with a link to the post as well. I'll keep the link in any future updates too!

Good idea TEX 👍 Thanks.

Good idea, guys! To complete the loop, I've added added the points standing to the bottom of the original post for the GranStand Challenge. I've also made the post itself more informative by consolidating the original post with the post I made laying out the the rules along with the post I made that provided some tips for earning GranStand points (and how not to lose them).

Remember guys, after Sunday we'll be halfway through the GranStand season. Race often, race clean, and keep your eyes on the prize:

gs-0041_adjustments.jpg

Last edited:
Hi kcheeb,

Can I choose the black car / gray wheels combo in division 3?

I think I saw a couple of other black cars last Sunday but I don't see any black cars in your colour list for Div 3.

I Steppenwolf, i'm on D3 with black body golden chrome rims. I think we still can fit another black car.

@D3 Drivers...is there any interest in starting at 9:30pm this Sunday?[/QUOTE]

no problem for me

sory... can't eliminate this one.

BTW, com RUFTAR LOVERS, can we come up with a date that suits everyone?

Next middle week Sunday!

Schmmiggz... I thought you color was Blue... How are going to get extra points now? :dopey:

I propose Friday night!

Having had some connection and lag issues this past weekend, I thought it best to remind everyone of some things you can do to help reduce network issues on race night. Obviously we'll never be able to completely eliminate them, there are just too many variables. But, if you can make sure come race night, you've done at a minimum steps 2 and 3, the lounge you're racing in will have a better chance at a smooth night.

What you can do to help minimize connection and lag issues

1) Reboot your isp's modem/router prior to joining your SNAIL_DivisionX lounge.
2) Reboot your PS3 prior to joining your SNAIL_DivisionX lounge.
3) Clear your GT5 in game System Cache prior to joining your SNAIL_DivisionX lounge.
4) Minimize the number of devices using your Internet connection while racing.
5) Turn off PS3 System Notifications while racing.
6) Don't join your SNAIL_DivisionX lounge before the Primary Host does. If the Primary Host is not the first in the room, everyone exits and lets the Primary Host enter first.

Step 1 is not usually necessary. I've found when my modem is on for long periods and not rebooted, I get connection issues in almost every game I play online. If you've experienced connection issues in the past, it's not going to hurt.

If anyone else has any hot tips on how to minimize connection and lag issues, let me know and I'll add them to this post.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Having had some connection and lag issues this past weekend, I thought it best to remind everyone of some things you can do to help reduce network issues on race night. Obviously we'll never be able to completely eliminate them, there are just too many variables. But, if you can make sure come race night, you've done at a minimum steps 2 and 3, the lounge you're racing in will have a better chance at a smooth night.

3) Clear your GT5 in game System Cache prior to joining your SNAIL_DivisionX lounge.

Step 1 is not usually necessary. I've found when my modem is on for long periods and not rebooted, I get connection issues in almost every game I play online. If you've experienced connection issues in the past, it's not going to hurt.

If anyone else has any hot tips on how to minimize connection and lag issues, let me know and I'll add them to this post.

Thanks!

Letting the main host enter the room first. If someone is already there everyone exits and letting the host enter first.

Letting the main host enter the room first. If someone is already there everyone exits and letting the host enter first.

I think this should be part of standard procedure. "If the designated driver is not already the host, everyone should leave their divisional lobby before 9:45, and not re-enter until the host has arrived." This would require that we keep the league role and responsibility list updated, with a clear indicator of who is expected to host each division.

6) Don't join your SNAIL_DivisionX lounge before the Primary Host does. If the Primary Host is not the first in the room, everyone exits and lets the Primary Host enter first.

Thanks!

Awesome, write-up cheeb. Check out the new Step 5 at the bottom of the original post. :)

I think this should be part of standard procedure. "If the designated driver is not already the host, everyone should leave their divisional lobby before 9:45, and not re-enter until the host has arrived." This would require that we keep the league role and responsibility list updated, with a clear indicator of who is expected to host each division.

I'm going to work on updating that list right now. It's really outdated. :ouch:

Last edited:
I Steppenwolf, i'm on D3 with black body golden chrome rims. I think we still can fit another black car.

@D3 Drivers...is there any interest in starting at 9:30pm this Sunday?

no problem for me[/QUOTE]

Schimggz,

I saw another black car last sunday (I think VAG_Star), so I'm going to choose white car and white wheels.

Rallywagon,

This combination is still available, right?

R U FASTER THAN A REDNECK ANNOUNCEMENT:

If there's no objection from Kcheeb and Zer05ive, the next "R U FASTER THAN A S.N.A.I.L. REDNECK" will take place next friday, May 17th at the Grand Valley Speedway East Track Reverse at 10:00pm (7:00 pacific)
I know that unfortunately, some friends will not be able to make it but i'm sure that a lot of Snailers will want to try SNAIL'S top "racist" competition.
I will soon post the rule book with the only change to the initial format as the "525" class will be replaced by a lower pp one with a mandatory timeline so we can bring to the competition the true spirit of American muscle cars... the beasts from the 70's.
For whoever is interested, you can start signing up....... RIGHT NOW, mentioning if you want to be part of the rednecks team or imports team.

-Attention Snails-

Tonight, S.P.E.C. - Saturday's Premier Enduro Club is back!

Tonights Episode: The Nissan GT-R R-35 TC(DLC) takes on Spa Francorchamps

So, come join us in the Snail Division 2 Lounge @ 10pm ET / 7pm PT for 2 Rounds of great racing. This race is for all snails at all skill levels, so don't be shy.

Round - 1 - 12 Laps

5 Minute Break

Round - 2 - 36 Laps

Click on the link above for more information.

Back