◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Manual Mondays:

I did a race with stock C6 ZR1 on Sport Softs banging gears. There just two of us both shifting. What a rush. We race tight with paddles and did so with shifters and clutch.

Really hoping this takes off. Even if just fun runs with a few wanting to race with their bangers. :)

I'm hoping this takes off too. Any chance you want to take the lead on it? Doesn't have to be anything too involved. In fact, doesn't even have to be every Monday (possibly just once or twice a month if that's all you want to do).

Edit:

Was thinking about success ballast and ran across a situation I had my car turned 5pp down (untuned series practice races) and was able to get an idea of how it ran with people I've ran with for quite some time. Anyway. Figured I would share this with you guys. Some of you have your ken series and may find this usable to help mid field guys get a win here and there.

Also was thinking about a success balance.

What about a systems like this.

1st -5pp
2nd -4pp
3rd -3pp
4th -2pp
5th -1pp
——————from here down you can earn lost pp.
6th +1pp
7th +2pp
8th +3pp
9th +4pp
10th +5pp
------------------on down is 5pp

You'll want to make sure Vol sees this. He's the resident parity master around here. :)

Last edited:
I am really upset I didn't join until after the first race of the month had already taken place. Looks like it was a pretty good points battle in D3 for the month of September.

Only 3 of the 4 weeks count towards your final tally, so all may not be lost ;)

What if there are 5 Sundays? Like there were in September?

Which reminds me, we had a question about what we do for months with 5 Sundays, I believe and correct me if I'm wrong zer0 ;), it becomes a best 4 of 5.

Sorry for being a bit late replying to this topic, but I wanted to get a good look at the upcoming calendar. Now that I've had a chance to do that, I really don't think we'll have to worry about how to handle months with five Sundays.

Here's a tentative schedule from now though 2013. I've basically divided the year into 4-week seasons. The months that have five Sundays either include a week that won't have an official league night, or have one of their Sundays "borrowed" by another month. Let me know what you guys think:

October 2012 Season
League Night #1 - October 7th
League Night #2 - October 14th
League Night #3 - October 21st
League Night #4 - October 28th

November 2012 Season
League Night #1 - November 4th
League Night #2 - November 11th
League Night #3 - November 18th
League Night #4 - November 25th

December 2012 Season
League Night #1 - December 2nd
League Night #2 - December 9th
League Night #3 - December 16th
December 23rd - league night will be cancelled due to Christmas
League Night #4 - December 30th

January 2013 Season
League Night #1 - January 6th
League Night #2 - January 13th
League Night #3 - January 20th
League Night #4 - January 27th

February 2013 Season
February 3rd - league night will be cancelled due to Super Bowl XLVII
League Night #1 - February 10th
League Night #2 - February 17th
League Night #3 - February 24th
League Night #4 - March 3rd

March 2013 Season
League Night #1 - March 10th
League Night #2 - March 17th
League Night #3 - March 24th
League Night #4 - March 31th (might be canceled due to Easter, but probably won't be necessary)

April 2013 Season
League Night #1 - April 7th
League Night #2 - April 14th
League Night #3 - April 21st
League Night #4 - April 28th

May 2013 Season
League Night #1 - May 5th
League Night #2 - May 12th
League Night #3 - May 19th
May 26th - league night will be cancelled due to Memorial Day weekend
League Night #4 - June 2nd

June 2013 Season
League Night #1 - June 9th
League Night #2 - June 16th
League Night #3 - June 23rd
League Night #4 - June 30th

July 2013 Season
League Night #1 - July 7th
League Night #2 - July 14th
League Night #3 - July 21st
League Night #4 - July 28th

August 2013 Season
League Night #1 - August 4th
League Night #2 - August 11th
League Night #3 - August 18th
League Night #4 - August 25th

September 2013 Season
September 1st - league night will be cancelled due to Labor Day weekend
League Night #1 - September 8th
League Night #2 - September 15th
League Night #3 - September 22th
League Night #4 - September 29th

October 2013 Season
League Night #1 - October 6th
League Night #2 - October 13th
League Night #3 - October 20th
League Night #4 - October 27th

November 2013 Season
League Night #1 - November 3rd
League Night #2 - November 10th
League Night #3 - November 17th
League Night #4 - November 24th

December 2013 Season
League Night #1 - December 1st (last league night with GT5)
December 8th - league night will be cancelled in favor of GT6 testing session
League Night #2 - December 15th (first league night with GT6)
League Night #3 - December 22nd
League Night #4 - December 29th

As always, only the top three scores for each driver will count in any given season. Therefore, drivers can miss 25% of league nights and still be in the mix for their divisional championship if they perform well on the nights that they show up. Of course, that's for those who care about that kind of thing. Rest assured, promotion and relegation is not determined solely by how many points you have at the end of a season.

Last edited:
I think renaming D1 to D51 would be kinda funny so I say go for it. Ever since GT Academy I'm apparently an alien these days along with a few of you other guys lol.

And for manual Mondays I say lets get something going! Possibly follow previous week track/car combo? Just manual?

I just recently sold my 96 Impreza wagon. Looking at getting rid of my jeep and getting either another impreza wagon, legacy GT coupe, or a Merkur XR4Ti.

I know this is an ancient post but just say no to Merkur's trust me:)

I think renaming D1 to D51 would be kinda funny so I say go for it. Ever since GT Academy I'm apparently an alien these days along with a few of you other guys lol.

We shall be known as Snailens.

Aliens_snail.jpg

Shhh...

Just to clarify, there is absolutely no adjustments of any kind to any car. Correct? Other than using correct tires.

You'll want to "break in" the car for maximum HP by driving it about 200 miles. And you can adjust brake balance. That's it.

Oh, and of course you can change rims and paint it.

That looks like it works surprisingly well, zer0. Though I'd say that canceling the races on Easter seems more likely/important than canceling them two or three days prior to Christmas.

Your Steward Report for the Week

Division 3

Luv2Coach / Luv2Coach
  • Level 1 - 3 point penalty and one week probation

Division 4

chatva / chatva
  • Level 2 - 6 point penalty. Doubled to 12 due to probation. Three weeks probation remain

moutonguerrier / Maxime0911
  • 2 points lost for running too many timed laps in Madrid
  • Level 2 - 7 points. Doubled to 14 due to probation.
  • Total: 16 points and six weeks probation remain.

Division 5

Jfin / Jfin07
  • Level 1 - 4 points. Doubled to 8 due to probation.
  • Level 2 - 7 points. Doubled to 14 due to probation.
  • 6 points lost for major lag during first two races
  • Total: 28 points. Six weeks probation remain

KuulKrinne / Kuulkriine
  • Level 1 - 4 points. Doubled to 8 due to probation. Six weeks of probation remain

These changes affect the final standings.

Full final results can be found here.

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Last edited:
And for manual Mondays I say lets get something going! Possibly follow previous week track/car combo? Just manual?

I think there are several benefits of running Manual Mondays with the same combos from Sunday night. First of all, there wouldn't be any kind of practice necessary and everyone would at least know what gear they "should" be in at all times. It'd also allow us to compare our "paddle" times to our "manual" times to see how much time we're losing (and thus how much we could improve on driving completely manual). And finally, it would keep organization and coordination efforts to a minimum.

Of course the downside is that we'd be racing the same combos that we did just 24 hours earlier. :lol:

What's going on with tutoring? Is anyone available to give some pointers and tips on the Sunday combos?

PM Hillracing and he will help you.

We could still use the help of a friendly snailian or two for holding a weekly practice for us slower guys. We need the return of "Tutoring Thursdays".

I definitely would, but this will be my last racing weekend for 8 weeks..

Maybe once I get back I'd be interested. If I'm walked through how to do it the first night or on a practice night.

Good stuff, I can walk you through the steps, it's not that big a deal and if you have the replays already, only takes a half hour 👍

I just got my shifter today. I need to figure out how to make it work. Every time I hit the clutch pedal, it selected 6th gear.

Did you calibrate it on a PC with Fanatec's setup/calibration app?

EDIT: Inside Sim Racing Calibration Guide

I have three votes for, zer0 and I will be meeting this week, will make a decision then :)

Good morning guys, i got 1 question for you, what mean a week probation in the snail league

1 week probation means for the week you're on probation, any penalty you receive will be doubled. If you receive a penalty while on probation, the probation periods remains. If you go penalty free that week, you are no longer on probation.

Last edited:
Not sure renaming D1 is a good idea. It only "alienates" that group from the rest. Yuk Yuk.

Honestly the are several drivers from other divisions that I'm sure would not finish last on any given night in D1. So renaming it I feel kinda separates that division from the rest when they are just people on a PS3 like everyone else. It almost makes it seem like graduating from a lower division to D1 is impossible...how does one go from regular driver to "Alien"?

To simplify...renaming it almost makes it seem unattainable to everyone else.

Not sure renaming D1 is a good idea. It only "alienates" that group from the rest. Yuk Yuk.

Honestly the are several drivers from other divisions that I'm sure would not finish last on any given night in D1. So renaming it I feel kinda separates that division from the rest when they are just people on a PS3 like everyone else. It almost makes it seem like graduating from a lower division to D1 is impossible...how does one go from regular driver to "Alien"?

To simplify...renaming it almost makes it seem unattainable to everyone else.

Good point right here 👍 and I'd add that renaming wouldn't fit with the actual seriousnesssss of the league (thats my pov).
Stick to what made your success and innovate when the time's right, keep in mind the league's initial vision.

Last edited:
GumballCGT

I actually was going to suggest that last night in my post. ;) thought maybe it would be to much of the same for some. I'm liking the idea.

zer05ive
I think there are several benefits of running Manual Mondays with the same combos from Sunday night. First of all, there wouldn't be any kind of practice necessary and everyone would at least know what gear they "should" be in at all times. It'd also allow us to compare our "paddle" times to our "manual" times to see how much time we're losing (and thus how much we could improve on driving completely manual). And finally, it would keep organization and coordination efforts to a minimum.

Of course the downside is that we'd be racing the same combos that we did just 24 hours earlier. :lol:

I'm all for using a car we know some what well. We have a lot at the helm with banging and racing.

I think Division 51 might work best as a joke but maybe not an official rename since there seems to be a few people against it. That's just my $0.02.

Congrats to Sandblazter for the D5 win!

Yes, congrats to Sandblazter for winning D5! I've update the results post from Sunday night to reflect the changes in position after penalties were applied.

As always, thanks to the stewards for taking the time to review all of the racing complaints! You have the entire league's gratitude for keeping our league as clean and enjoyable as possible! :bowdown:

Last edited:
That works. Personally, I think it's funny but in the interest of keeping everyone happy that might be best.

I'll leave it up for a bit and see what comes of it :lol:

For me it's totally tongue in cheek, have a laugh and as long as no one is offended ...

I'm interested to see if I got promoted or staying in D3 👍

If I happen to get promoted, can I just stay in D3? I won't be online for 7 weeks and will come back rusty :embarrassed:

I'm interested to see if I got promoted or staying in D3 👍

If I happen to get promoted, can I just stay in D3? I won't be online for 7 weeks and will come back rusty :embarrassed:

I doubt you'll stay in D3 even with a 7-week break. It'd be one thing if you were "on the fence", but you won D3 outright and had a dominating eight 1st place finishes during the month. I'll post the monthly championship results shortly so you can see what I mean. :)

I doubt you'll stay in D3 even with a 7-week break. It'd be one thing if you were "on the fence", but you won D3 outright and had a dominating eight 1st place finishes during the month. I'll post the monthly championship results shortly so you can see what I mean. :)

That's why I was so concerned with not being there the first week and having a bad showing the first week I participated b/c I accidentally brought the wrong Aston to Monza. I didn't get any points for the first race and it killed me for the night.

GT5 should introduce ebikes. I currently borrowing my buddies ecoped city 45 and that thing is a blast to drive around town! 32km/h here and there. Never owned any ATV's or Skidoos in my childhood so I'm pretty excited about it. Would probably be more entertaining then the electric cars we have in game ;).

Back