◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,803 comments
I'm currently ranked #16 and 17 on the nurb TT...I'll try to improve that tomorrow.
(I wish I had 8 more sub-account so I could clog the 2nd page of results :lol:)

I won't be getting anything from this seasonal as I detest Nords...just can't get into a rhythm there so it's nothing more than a jumble of corners to me.

Edit: also, I may not be able to make the races tomorrow night :(

Last edited:
The ring is where its at Tez. As a lone drive a just a couple of racers, it puts a good challenge on the drivers. The best way to tackle the track is just like the Angeles academy trails do it. Break the course into sections. Take the time to learn each section. There are, at least for me, 3 sections, with three tempos, and each section ends shortly after a straight. Practice really makes prefect, and its easy to see. Bunnies and birdies on that track.

I have gotten past wiping out every lap, for the most part.

Tsukuba is still only 1:10, and the BMW is a white-knuckle 2:42.

Giving the wife and kids some time in the man cave for a bit.

The Ferrari race looked fun. Hope it ended well.

The ring is where its at Tez. As a lone drive a just a couple of racers, it puts a good challenge on the drivers. The best way to tackle the track is just like the Angeles academy trails do it. Break the course into sections. Take the time to learn each section. There are, at least for me, 3 sections, with three tempos, and each section ends shortly after a straight. Practice really makes prefect, and its easy to see. Bunnies and birdies on that track.

I agree! To me Nurb is one of the best tracks on GT5 and one of my personal favorites; it will make you a better driver no doubt! I usually go to a room called Nurb 505 where a lot of regulars race (clean for the most part).

Monday I was practicing the Nurb with the BMW set up: pretty fun!

What will you all be practicing for?

I've about had enough of trying to beat the current GTA seasonal TT.

Why, oh why did they pick nurb for the last one? My least favorite, if for nothing else, because it takes so long to get a lap in.

I am interested in joining...some freinds of mine are already in and all I need to know is what to do. My PS3 name is Sandblazter.

I am interested in joining...some freinds of mine are already in and all I need to know is what to do. My PS3 name is Sandblazter.

Hey socalnatv,

Thanks for joining 👍 And thanks to your friends for the referral :) Good to have you racing with us!

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L.
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Ladies, Gentlemen and Fellow S.N.A.I.L.s​

Announcing the September Lineup for S.N.A.I.L. SPEC Racing​

The Drivers List has been updated with Promotions and Relegations for the month of September.

Once again I'd like to point out there's no clear cut, you do this you will get promoted, you do that you will get relegated, formula. We take into account a number of factors to determine candidates for promotion and relegation. Once we have the names we analyze the data at our disposal and make sure the people being moved fit into the Division they're being moved to. Then we pull the trigger :dopey:

Why do we do this?

To give you something to race for, to try to incent you to improve and lastly to get you into races where you're battling for position. Not running out front doing laps or bringing up the rear, again, doing laps. We want you to be in good, close, clean racing 👍

That said, if you feel like you need to say something about your promotion/relegation feel free to pm me. I'd be more than happy to talk to you about it.

Cheers and good racing all!

kcheeb

P.S. sorry for the double post

I know we voted last week on whether we would be racing and I voted no so I just want to confirm that I will not be racing this week:(

unless things change...

kcheeb
Ladies, Gentlemen and Fellow S.N.A.I.L.s

Announcing the September Lineup for S.N.A.I.L. SPEC Racing

The Drivers List has been updated with Promotions and Relegations for the month of September.

Congrats to skills, vol and tex. I look forward to continuing racing with you guys in division 4.

Gamble I expect you to win division 5 in September and join us in October:)

Congrats to skills, vol and tex. I look forward to continuing racing with you guys in division 4.

Gamble I expect you to win division 5 in September and join us in October:)

Ah shucks, congrats all you of =) I will hopefully be sharing a seat with you this time October.

I got dced tonight right after I joined d1 lounge. My modem has been dropping out more and more over the last 2 weeks. Don't know if it will hold together for tomorrow.

Phone tech said there is a bad signal level on one line or another going to modem.

Time Warner tech supposed to be out Thursday morning to troubleshoot. Regardless of what he finds, I will be reconfiguring my network.

You know you have been playing GT5 a bit too much when any of the following scenarios happen to you.

A) You get into your vehicle and mutter "Why is the steering wheel so "insert expletive"ing big!?

B) you put it in first gear and peel out of your driveway

C)upon coming to a downward slope you reach for your non exist ant paddle shifters in your 98 subaru outback station wagon

and last but not least

D) on a quiet back road, you successfully swerve to miss a stray chihuahua in the road, and counter steer with just enough finesse to not lose control of your vehicle.

All of which just happened to me:nervous:

P.S. if anyone want in on some late night shuffle, let me know and I'll get a room going.

Last edited:
You know you have been playing GT5 a bit too much when any of the following scenarios happen to you.

A) You get into your vehicle and mutter "Why is the steering wheel so "insert expletive"ing big!?

C)upon coming to a downward slope you reach for your non exist ant paddle shifters in your 98 subaru outback station wagon

and last but not least

D) on a quiet back road, you successfully swerve to miss a stray chihuahua in the road, and counter steer with just enough finesse to not lose control of your vehicle.

:lol:

Some of the things I catch myself saying while driving a real vehicle:

1. Damn, apexed a little early (coming out of the grocery store parking lot).
2. Why are you so slow going around that corner, look how much exit room there is (following a little old lady trying to merge).
3. Smooth shift, come on, you shouldn't feel it (to myself when the herky jerky happens).

and last but not least

Heh. I had my "playing GT5 too much" moment yesterday. I was driving to a mine in the eastern Oregon mountains when I drove over a rock I was "like totally" 100% sure I would clear. In GT5, I definitely would have. In my real WRX, the rock gouged a hole in my gas tank. 40 miles from cell service. The 24 hours since have been a bit crazy :crazy: and may or may not have involved jacking the car almost on to its side to save enough gas in the non-punctured half of the tank to drive back to civilization before patching it with (not gasoline-resistant) epoxy.

I've never done any of those things in GT5, nor do I want to :)

I drive an F-550 every day at work and often think how much it would suck trying to drive it with a DS3!

Again, my monthly disclaimer: I WILL be racing tomorrow night but I am on call this week and if for some reason I no show or vanish, it means the Bat-Phone has gone off and I had to roll!! (Fingers crossed, I have been called 3 times today and I am really looking forward to racing this week!!)

Heh. I had my "playing GT5 too much" moment yesterday. I was driving to a mine in the eastern Oregon mountains when I drove over a rock I was "like totally" 100% sure I would clear. In GT5, I definitely would have. In my real WRX, the rock gouged a hole in my gas tank. 40 miles from cell service. The 24 hours since have been a bit crazy :crazy: and may or may not have involved jacking the car almost on to its side to save enough gas in the non-punctured half of the tank to drive back to civilization before patching it with (not gasoline-resistant) epoxy.

I've never done any of those things in GT5, nor do I want to :)

subaru gas tanks are notoriously weak. I have mine patched at the moment. I used to have a wrx, and I miss the hell out of that car. But that sounds like one hell of a WTF moment. haha

and last but not least

P.S. if anyone want in on some late night shuffle, let me know and I'll get a room going.

Haha, guess I will add to that list :)

1) Before passing slower vehicles I find myself thinking, sweet draft!

2) I get excited about shaving minutes off my trip to the store (not speeding... much)

3) When someone cuts me off I yell "BAD RACECRAFT" :dopey:

Latest Posts

Back