◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments
Any of you folks that have buttkickers or a nice set of subs, and don't mind driving them absolutely nucking futs, go get you some Love, Death, Immortality by The Glitch Mob. Several of the tracks on that album rock and rumble hard core.

I go for prize C if still in time.
I want to say I'm sorry to you all, I didn't reply earlier because my my work is going crazy.

Edit:
To save time:
Honda stay
Ascari is out

Just so everyone knows, at this time, the Prize Candidates are not clear to make their selections. For those that might have missed the earlier announcement, click this link. We hope to get it all squared away tonight, but, I can't guarantee it will happen.

@Dragonwhisky 'We Can Make The World Stop' by Glitch Mob was good enough to be put in my PS3 playlist... and I'm a classic rock kinda guy!

I've got half the songs from Drink the Sea and now all of Love Death Immortality in my GT playlist and on my phone. I was listening to LDI for the second time and basically got told "turn that crap down". Arguably, the person that told me that was much nicer about it. Only had my receiver at 40% too. Think I'd clear the house if I was stubborn about it and ran it up where I really want it.

I got hooked with Fortune Days.

@jobyone have you booked your AllenBerg track day yet? Would be cool
To attend same day! Or any other snails on west coast should sign up
:gtpflag:

Yea it would. My life is a little complicated right now. I also have to look in to the whole cost of getting there and such. I am going to see if I can get work to send me south which will help for a few days. I will update SNAIL when I have details.

Sorry, @Wolfsatz just reminded me to post the room we are in, about 10 of us, sorry about the duplicate room.

ID 1472-4710-9909-6403-0858

You are receiving this because I have noticed over the last couple of weeks that rooms are not being set up properly. I'm not going to name any division in particular but it is important that all the rooms be set up the same way every week in every division. The correct way to set a room can be found in post #1 but I will copy/paste it here for all of you.

Settings
All league Race Settings are default unless noted below (Course Settings are listedhere)
Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak (and Effective for Free Run) in Divisions 2-8. (Penalties OFF for D1 only)
Race Finish Delay: 90sec
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Real
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed in Divisions 1-7. (ABS, TCS, and Driving Line are allowed in Division 8 only)
S.N.A.I.L. policy on tracks with weather and/or time progression

If a track has multiple versions where one has dynamic time or weather and one does not, S.N.A.I.L. will use the version that does not have dynamic time or weather.

In the course settings section when setting up an online room, there are seven options.

Course and Laps are pretty self explanatory.

Starting time will be left on the default setting for each track. It resets every time you load up the track. If you want to ensure you set it up properly, just pick a different track and then come back to the track you want. The start time resets to default each time the track is selected.

Time progression will be set to 1.

Weather will be set at 0.
Weather change will be set to fixed.

Surface water will be set to 0
--------------------------------------------

Special note to D8. If a driver is wanting to use the aids listed above, they need to make it known that they are using them and the host/director should make it known to me. The use of driving aids in D8 makes a driver ineligible for promotion. If a driver doesn't ask for the aids to be turned on, leave them off. If a driver asks for them to be on, make sure you note who that driver is and let me know about it.

Some of us seat time is very scarce! please keep this in mind. Set the rooms properly!

Last edited:
i'd like to get started can i get a time trial form
@honky101p9,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Nice! I finally have an excuse to really learn that track in this game. I tested it for my prize weeks but I wasn't consistent and didn't want to pick something that didn't play to my strengths. I think it will be an interesting track to race with lots of different lines through turns.
There's a few license tests on apricot hill. I recently got a 17.056 on the National A-1 test (mustang boss) check it out you might find a few tenths there ;) (the replay should be available).

@JLBowler Your hard work is appreciated. :cheers:

Prize Announcement

There will be a Stewards Announcement of a penalty against one of the preliminary prize winners this week. The results in D4 change with that announcement. canucklehead is the new D4 winner and because he scored the same number of points as DPinho, canucklehead will be the new prize B winner. Hooker4 will remain as the prize C winner at this time.

Canucklehead or @kcheeb contacting him, could you please make a decision as to which prize you will use, B or C. If you choose to take prize C, please also announce which part of the combo you will freeze, the Integra or Ascari.

@hooker4, once he makes his choice, you will get whatever prize is left. If you end up with prize C, go ahead and make your selection as to which part of the combo to freeze.

Once the freeze is announced, whoever has prize B, go ahead and announce your choice to replace the part of the combo that isn't frozen.

Nice Pictures @Wolfsatz . From one banner time to another! Just the Apricot Hill combo, because nobody knows the other one.

ApricotHillRaceway_zpsf5ce24ea.jpg

ApricotHillRaceway_1_zpsd0228ec4.jpg

ApricotHillRaceway_2_zpsed69c5ef.jpg

ApricotHillRaceway_3_zps40c54bce.jpg

ApricotHillRaceway_4_zps66c5997e.jpg

ApricotHillRaceway_5_zpsd82486b1.jpg

ApricotHillRaceway_6_zps6459cace.jpg

ApricotHillRaceway_7_zpsa03579d2.jpg

ApricotHillRaceway_8_zps4c39b794.jpg

ApricotHillRaceway_9_zpsbd7ad152.jpg

You like???

Notification of changes of penalty settings

Votes were conducted today in divisions 2 and 3 to have in game penalties turned off beginning with the April season. The results of these votes were very solidly in favor of turning penalties off. Based on these results, Divisions 2 and 3 will begin running with penalties off at the beginning of the April season.

This will serve as a test to determine if this option will be extended to other divisions in the future.

Notification of changes of penalty settings

Votes were conducted today in divisions 2 and 3 to have in game penalties turned off beginning with the April season. The results of these votes were very solidly in favor of turning penalties off. Based on these results, Divisions 2 and 3 will begin running with penalties off at the beginning of the April season.

This will serve as a test to determine if this option will be extended to other divisions in the future.
I think this vote should have been restricted to race stewards. They are going to be the ones with the higher work load due to this change.

Back