◆ S.N.A.I.L. Stamina Series "Wednesday Night"

Alright. I had a post ready for the room but Owens beat me to it. The idea is to run some of the new tracks with the cars selected for the series and get a feel for what is going to be fun and what isn't. This is your opportunity to have an input on where we will be racing what, so pop in and let everyone know what you think. It is also an opportunity to get familiar with the cars we'll be running and hang out with the cool kids for a bit haha. This will be a public room, and anyone is welcome.

Below I've included the car selection for the series. It's a good idea to have these ready at hand.

The Official Line Up:

86 Race Car Base Model '12
(Sport Soft Tires)
11364742624_bc5cba4ef6_o.jpg

BRZ GT300 Base Model '12
(Racing Hards Tires)
11364742594_b9281b889c_o.jpg

M3 GT2 Base Model '11
(Racing Mediums Tires)
11364742584_5e61615f72_o.jpg

McLaren F1 GTR Race Car Base Model '95
(Racing Soft Tires)
11364742644_d08961b44d_o.jpg

GT 86 Race

Tracks:

Brand Hatch Indy -

Laguna -

Tsukuba -

Rome -
--------------------------------------

Subaru BRZ GT300

Tracks:

Apricot Hill -

Big Willow -

Mount Panarama -

Grand Valley -

BMW GT3

Tracks:

Nurb GP/F -

Brands Hatch -

Daytona Road -

Silverstone Full-

McLaren F1

Tracks:

Fuji -

Motegi Full -

Spa -

Le Sarthe -

Last edited:
DSG, I understand your view. Also understand the softer tires lead to less mistakes and opens us up to drivers that would not have interest. As well getting tire wear to a place put stops are used it requires going with a softer set.

You can push any tire to its limit and extract the speed from it.

DSG, I understand your view. Also understand the softer tires lead to less mistakes and opens us up to drivers that would not have interest. As well getting tire wear to a place put stops are used it requires going with a softer set.
I could sort-of see the point at the end of GT5 lifecycle, when one would take any attendance he can. Now - not really. I don't think it's easier to drive on softer tires, when that means dipping into Racing tires. Sports tires give waaaay more audible warning and are a bit easier to catch with the new physics model, simply because you're going slower.

I could sort-of see the point at the end of GT5 lifecycle, when one would take any attendance he can. Now - not really. I don't think it's easier to drive on softer tires, when that means dipping into Racing tires. Sports tires give waaaay more audible warning and are a bit easier to catch with the new physics model, simply because you're going slower.

You misinterpret the intent here. While "attendance" is part of the reason, it's more about the varying skill levels of those that do attend. We don't want the cars to be all that tough to keep on the track. It's an endurance race. Struggling with your car for, in the case of the race we plan at Brands Hatch, 100 laps will not be fun and even the most OCD drivers will say eff it mid race, if they're spending more time digging out of the sand than cruising around the tarmac. Owens know what he's doing when he sets the tire spec.

I don't think tire choice has much to do with the frequency of off-track excursions. People practice and choose the pace that ends up being a reasonable trade off in terms of lap times vs. the chance of spinning. People who are inconsistent will still end-up in the kitty litter with roughly the same frequency, they just gonna have to cover more sand on their way back to the track, since the pace they go off-track with gonna be higher.

You guys can race whatever you want, I'm just making you aware that you're missing on some attendance from people like me.
Cheerz.

I beg to differ. I am much more consistent the stickier the tire is on the car. Anything less than SS and my risk of kitty litter exploration is not just a step greater but exponentially greater. But that's just me.

I didn't mean for you folks to take my suggestion referenced at the top of this page seriously.

Is there an indication regarding a potential start date for the series in GT6?

...Is there an indication regarding a potential start date for the series in GT6?

Not sure. Owens is not "feeling" GT6 at the moment and made the mistake of joining the open SNAIL practice session this past Thursday and pretty much bailed on GT6 for iRacing that night.

Unless and until PD get off their a$$es and patch in at least triples support, I doubt he'll be back.

Not sure. Owens is not "feeling" GT6 at the moment and made the mistake of joining the open SNAIL practice session this past Thursday and pretty much bailed on GT6 for iRacing that night.

Unless and until PD get off their a$$es and patch in at least triples support, I doubt he'll be back.

I'm currently feeling the same as Owens. Come monday I will be renewing my iRacing account and will be going back to there for awhile.

the mistake of joining the open SNAIL practice session this past Thursday and pretty much bailed on GT6 for iRacing that night.
What happens in those practice sessions?

I'm currently feeling the same as Owens. Come monday I will be renewing my iRacing account and will be going back to there for awhile.

Maybe Owens can start his endurance league in iRacing ;)
I'd certainly join.

While I haven't attended an official practice session in well over a year, the last time I did, the entire experience, for me at least, was negative. While I understand the benefits for as many different skill levels getting together, helps racecraft from both ends, I found it wasn't really used as a learning tool but more a means for some drivers to display their racing aggressiveness more fully than they allow themselves to on Sunday league night, since there are no real repercussions for doing such during practice night. I can't say that's case now. Since I took a brief hiatus from SNAIL this time last year, upon my return I have assidously avoided the official practice night. I seem to get more benefit from warming up a few laps with each combo, a few hours before racing begins.

Part 1:

Part 2:
Maybe Owens can start his endurance league in iRacing ;)
I'd certainly join.

Parts 1:
The combo was so far off drivable. The consistency in the game is ridiculous. It's broke. In a bad way. Till it's fixed. I can't see myself racing. I do still have intent to put this together. However the start date is relying on PD and Kaz.

Part 2:
I'll send you a message on there. I've been invited to a group that I'm sure you would have interest in and they would surely have interest in you. It has one of the old coordinators of a league here involved. He knows good clean racing. :) btw I am having the time of my life on iRacing. Got my D license and hopefully by Monday sitting with a C!! Then I can enter the 2.4 @ Daytona!!!

Btw I see you in that SCCA FSR? I'm interested in that car. Looks fun.

As well once I get established, you can bet I will host some races and be tossing prizes out too!

I did some very brief testing last night. Still seeing swings of 1-2 seconds per minute of track time just switching between room sessions. Unacceptable. I'll hang on a for a bit, but it is getting tougher to turn on the PS3.

It's almost like they are trying to simulate track and ambient temperature, room to room and doing it badly.

Pretty sure this series has been put on hold until some things in GT6 get fixed/patched in.

Back