what a long strange trip
Premium
United States
Michigan
Rallywgn81
WeirdbannerA.jpg

Welcome to the S.N.A.I.L. Wednesday Evening Informal Rally Driving
WEIRD!​

If your looking to spend the your hump day night getting down and dirty, bangin rubber and beating metal, then you came to the right place. This thread is currently to be used as a feeler, and will be fully updated after a successful testing session is held Wednesday night. The test night will start at 9pm EST.

The name of the game: It's pretty easy here, take a cheap, underpowered heap of a car, and race it! Rules are fairly light. Rubbing is racing, and bumps happen. But be gentlemanly about it. Most of the rules here in this OLR will be in effect. overly aggressive divebombing, spinning someone out, and the alike is a no go. In WEIRD events, we will be doing races around small tracks consisting of dirt, snow, and asphalt, with a chance of rain. That's right. The asphalt track runs with weather on.

In the spirit of S.N.A.I.L., WEIRD will be running spec cars. Tires will be, dirt, snow, or comfort softs. Color, rims, and anything that will get you into a tuned prohibited track is allowed. Remember to change your oil.

There are 4 tracks currently worth a damn to this event, so we will use them, with possibly swapping the asphalt track with autumn ring mini, or something like that. Winner of the night will get to pick the car for the next WEIRD event. Once PD gets that awesome (it had better be!!!!!) track creator out to us, I will be asking all of you to make a track. Note: Participation does not depend on it though. Then every night, the winner gets to replace the car or track, the second place finisher will then pick a car if it is not picked, or a track if it is. Third place always picks a track. All tracks will either be from a list below, or from the track creator. Expect more guidelines to follow once this is released.

Once again, this is a rubbing is racing event, please bring your big boy pants. But, no actin a fool! Any outrageous shenanigans will be cause for immediate dismissal.

Last edited:
This weeks event (5Mar14):
Any car, any drivetrain, 355 PP, no tuning, power can only be limited 15pp (Max pp of any car can only be 370).

(26Feb14):
Pick from anyone or all of the cars below. We will be using them for the night. PP will be set to 450 to help even up the list. Remember, all tracks are dirt, snow or rain, so HP isn't everything. Tracks on asphalt will be ran on CS.

Hothatchlist.png

(19Feb14):
carlistA.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses guys. Glad to see some interest! I'm going to hop on in a minute here. Gonna test out some tracks and cars. Gonna have the room on friends only though for now, untit the format is tight an I can better accommodate randoms joining. Once I get that done, I'll update the second post and get some track info laid out.

Like the idea, my timing or participation will vary - Wed is Boy Scouts and my son has been told since year 1 it is Eagle Scout before the other fumes (perfume, or car fumes - aka driver's license), so... If I am not at a meeting, I am very much interested!

Right on. Its fairly informal. For now, we will probably stick to a car a night and run the same tracks every week until we finally get the track creator. The I think I may want to run maybe month long series with cars, then maybe run 3 or 4 tracks a night. With one or two changing to the winners choice/design.

Question for you guys. I'm testing with different grip tires for tarmac type courses, which currently we will probably run 1 or 2. Currently testing with the Hudson, I am definitely feeling comfort tires. What would you prefer, more grip or slip? Or set it to CS and let you run what ever of the 3?
I'm feeling CHs on the hudson.

Ok, done testing. These tracks will be great! I'm going to hit the dealerships now and get a bunch of cars that fit the criteria. I'll have a list of cars up and an update to the OP, before Wednesday.

Last edited:
The Hudson is 347 PP? How about CS for cars < 400 PP?

Or CM?

CH seems too slick for control, but I haven't tried it.

How did CH do in your tests?

The Hudson is 347 PP? How about CS for cars < 400 PP?

Or CM?

CH seems too slick for control, but I haven't tried it.

How did CH do in your tests?
Give it a try, you will be surprised to be sure. It really doesn't rush into the power, and with the open diff, well, it just kinda turns. Not a lot of drama. Matterhorn is fairly short and slow though.

I'll give CMs a try, but I'm really going for as loose as is reasonable, and CHs were not unreasonable IMO.

Wife is claiming PS3 for some movie time when she gets home.

I will see if you are still running when she conks out.

CMs were not bad at all.

Last edited:
Alright guys, I'm running a tad behind. I was helping a friend move. Just getting home, I'll be firing the PS3 up here shortly and heading in, about 9:15. Sorry for the delay.

I haven't raced with with you guys in a long time, it's crazy fun....does this usually happen? Freezing? 1st time playing online in GT6.

Back