• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,804 comments
7375653288_33b033905c_o.jpg

Special S.P.E.C. Event

The Brickyard 300 presented by S.P.E.C

When:Sat. Oct 26

Where:SNAIL_Division2 Lounge

Time:10pm ET / 7pm PT
( we can start a half hour earlier if everyone agrees:) )

Car:2011 NASCAR
( There are 11 different NASCAR's to choose from. Post on the SPEC Thread what car you will be using so we can try to not have a lot of the same cars. )

-My choice is going to be the 48 Lowes-

Track:Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Laps:120

Caution Laps:Lap 30 / Lap 60 / Lap 90

( 3 cautions just because of how many laps we are running. On a normal Spec night, we run 2 cautions )

All S.P.E.C. rules will apply with the exception that there will be a rolling start to start the race.

The winner of the race will get to choose a car / track combo that we have used in the past 13 seasons for the following Saturday, Nov 2.

Thanks chatva, vail, Drgreen and xrad for a great night of GT. It was fun running laps and shooting the ****. I still can not believe I blew it at trial mountain:( that was the most fun I have had in months on track:)

1VFAIur.png

Race Date - 20 October 2013
Penalty Rate 100%
Banner by dabneyd

Division 2 - 1 incident on file

kcheeb
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 2 points halved to 1 for on-track concession. 1 week probation.

Thanks to tezgm99 for his review this week. Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.

:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

1VFAIur.png

Race Date - 13 October 2013
Penalty Rate 100%
Banner by dabneyd

Thanks to tezgm99 for his review this week. Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.

:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

Thanks Stewards for taking care of this weeks incident :scared:

It was good to see Granstand_Bill on track this week 👍 He's been an awesome supporter of S.N.A.I.L. and doesn't get to race as often as he or we'd like. Hope you can make it two in a row!

The GranStand Points are now up to date. One week left before we award a GranStand, do you know where you GranStand?

S.N.A.I.L. September - October Challenge, presented by GranStand

Sim racing product discounts for S.N.A.I.L. members:

GranStand is offering a 10% discount to all S.N.A.I.L.s and a 15% Discount to members of Team S.N.A.I.L.

Take advantage of being a S.N.A.I.L. ;)

Hello guys, tomorrow I´ll be back to division 5, I was with problems on my GT5, so I bought other! Thanks!

Fabricio98

Not sure if you got the notice from someone else, but you'll actually be joining us in the Division 4 lounge, as we've downsized to keep the rooms pretty full since we're losing so many people in the final months of GT5. Just post here if you need a friend request and they'll get that sorted asap.

cmbeal317

Not sure if you got the notice from someone else, but you'll actually be joining us in the Division 4 lounge, as we've downsized to keep the rooms pretty full since we're losing so many people in the final months of GT5. Just post here if you need a friend request and they'll get that sorted asap.

cmbeal317

I already have the division4 on my psn, thanks !

I think that cmbeal317 was just making us aware that there will be a site maintenance going on before and after the start of racing, just if someone didn't notice and we may not be able to post when each division room is open like we normally do, that's all.

I can see where GTPlanet being down would put a hiccup in our communications but, everyone, by now, knows the drill. Take a peek at your division lounge near race time, if the normal host isn't there yet, wait a few minutes and check again. If it gets close to race time join anyway. Race on. Might not be a bad idea, for those that don't have PSN notifications turned on, to fire them back up.

Heading to D1 for a couple hours practice before the F1 re-telecast.

I can see where GTPlanet being down would put a hiccup in our communications but, everyone, by now, knows the drill. Take a peek at your division lounge near race time, if the normal host isn't there yet, wait a few minutes and check again. If it gets close to race time join anyway. Race on. Might not be a bad idea, for those that don't have PSN notifications turned on, to fire them back up.

While the GTPlanet outage will be a major drag for us, the show must go on as they say. Tonight will determine the October championships and is also the last night of the GranStand challenge!!

I recommend that everyone who has access to the Directors' Google Doc please sign in tonight. That way, we can still have a centralized way to communicate between the divisions.

I've also been thinking about using Twitter as an alternate way to communicate with our members, and tonight's GTPlanet outage might be a good time to test out the potential of this idea. I also plan on using Twitter to have special league contests and award prizes! So follow me on Twitter and let's have some fun! :D

I'm guessing..
2:11s

1:34s

1:54s

So based on those times, the following laps should be good?

ROUND ONE
Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07 (326HP / PP 463) (Sports Medium tires) @Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi (5 laps)

ROUND TWO
Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65 (177HP / PP 501) (Racing Hard tires) @Trial Mountain Circuit (7 laps)

ROUND THREE
Chevrolet 2014 Stingray Final Prototype (free DLC) (478HP / PP 533) (Sports Soft tires) @Road Course - Daytona (6 laps)

Oshawa-Joe
I'm guessing because those are my times after a couple of coffees. Not sure what it will be after a couple of beers

Just got done with early practice and I managed to hit all your targets. A 33 is possible in rnd 2. Pretty sure d1 will manage that and probably dip well into the 32s. That vette. More precisely, that track. :(

I already know I'm voting 2. Can't do that combo at all as I have difficulty taking advantage of the crazy grip level.

Loving combo 3.

Last edited:
Only confirmed followers can see your tweets zero, maybe make an official SNAIL account?

Yup, I set my account to private. I just confirmed your follow request so now you should see all my tweets etc. Thanks to everyone who's followed so far. I'll try to provide fun and valuable content for you guys. 👍

As for an official SNAIL account, that'll depend on this little experiment. :)

I'm guessing..
2:11s

1:34s

1:54s

So based on those times, the following laps should be good?

ROUND ONE
Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07 (326HP / PP 463) (Sports Medium tires) @Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi (5 laps)

ROUND TWO
Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65 (177HP / PP 501) (Racing Hard tires) @Trial Mountain Circuit (7 laps)

ROUND THREE
Chevrolet 2014 Stingray Final Prototype (free DLC) (478HP / PP 533) (Sports Soft tires) @Road Course - Daytona (6 laps)

Thanks, guys. I've got the lineup post updated with the lap counts. 👍

:yuck:Sorry for the late notice all but I will not make the races tonight... Just got called into work...👎

Well I'm calling you out of work :D

👍

EDIT: I was all prepared to not like the Alfa at Trial Mountain, mostly because of Trial Mountain. It's a lot of fun!!!

Latest Posts

Back