◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,812 comments
Was able to get into the SNAIL room for a bit. Seems like thinks are about to get whole lot easier for us. As long as someone in the room puts a car on loan, everyone in the room can race it! Also, selecting the One-Make races setting will ensure all the cars are the same (and I don't think you can adjust brake balance either - true spec racing!). 👍

Also, the qualifying is no longer a be a tedious mess. Everyone has the whole track to themselves for a predetermined time. When time runs out, the race starts. :cheers:
This is the best news I've heard yet.

when a car is shared do you at least get o pick a color?
I'd love to be able to set up some profiles where it has a default, but I can easily choose others for spec races. But I'd settle for just being able to pick colors at all :)

20131206_185753.jpg

This is what the live timing looks like, in game and in replays.

Last edited:
Something just occurred to me @zer05ive, and I've been relatively absent for a month or so, so maybe you guys have already discussed this, but do you think it might be possible to divorce "spec racing" from "tuning prohibited" in GT6? Could we, perhaps in a limited fashion, allow tuners to create cars for everyone? If we can all race a single car shared by one person, will we be able to enforce no further tuning of the car before racing?

I'm not really sure where that would lead. Maybe it's better for a secondary series?

Was able to get into the SNAIL room for a bit. Seems like thinks are about to get whole lot easier for us. As long as someone in the room puts a car on loan, everyone in the room can race it! Also, selecting the One-Make races setting will ensure all the cars are the same (and I don't think you can adjust brake balance either - true spec racing!). 👍

Also, the qualifying is no longer a be a tedious mess. Everyone has the whole track to themselves for a predetermined time. When time runs out, the race starts. :cheers:

Just got on track in a One Make race with adjusted brake balance, sorry zer0 :D

EDIT: and it seems to me that everyone will need to be a friend of the host, if we use the Friends only option. Unless of course I don't get it, which is highly likely.

EDIT2: Just left the room I created, chatva was in it and not a fixed host room. Now I can't find it :(

when a car is shared do you at least get o pick a color?
No. When the host chooses one make race he has to pick a car from his garage, I think it's the host's garage it comes from anyway, and everybody gets that. No color choices available. While this might be convenient for spec racing concerns, it takes away the capability for all of us to be individuals within the confines of tuning prohibited.

While zer0 seems to be on the "warpath" for disabling brake balance along with everything else, I will say, I am not. Sometimes, it's the only way to make a car, if not enjoyable to drive, at least manageable.

No multi-monitor options in game yet :( Need a patch PD :D

So far loving it, need to get some better feel and have a bunch of new tracks to learn 👍
You will love it till you need a car that is awesome.

Ferrari 250 GT0 '62 - 20,000,000

At 49.99 per 7,000,000 credits. That car cost us just under $150 dollars.
Played for nearly 5hrs and made 160k credits.

Micro transaction my ass

For $50 we should get any and all cars we want. This is pure robbery.

You will love it till you need a car that is awesome.

Ferrari 250 GT0 '62 - 20,000,000

At 49.99 per 7,000,000 credits. That car cost us just under $150 dollars.
Played for nearly 5hrs and made 160k credits.

Micro transaction my ass

I know.. Its crazy

If no triple support with in a week. I'm selling two of the three copies unopened and just do iRacing exclusively.

EDIT: and it seems to me that everyone will need to be a friend of the host, if we use the Friends only option. Unless of course I don't get it, which is highly likely.

EDIT2: Just left the room I created, chatva was in it and not a fixed host room. Now I can't find it :(

I have a room up. S.N.A.I.L. Racing Test

I have a room up. S.N.A.I.L. Racing Test

Keep getting refused entry :(

Incompatibility with host.

EDIT: Just trying something, won't be a moment.

EDIT2: Put PS3 in dmz and good to go.

Last edited:
Something just occurred to me @zer05ive, and I've been relatively absent for a month or so, so maybe you guys have already discussed this, but do you think it might be possible to divorce "spec racing" from "tuning prohibited" in GT6? Could we, perhaps in a limited fashion, allow tuners to create cars for everyone? If we can all race a single car shared by one person, will we be able to enforce no further tuning of the car before racing?

I'm not really sure where that would lead. Maybe it's better for a secondary series?

I hear what you're saying, the that would lead to members needed to "know the tune" in order to practice. Sure, it would still be "spec racing" if all the cars had the same tune, but I imagine making sure everyone has access to the chosen tune would be tedious (or at least more so than saying we're racing "that car, with tuning prohibited"). Let me know if you disagree.

But yeah, sounds like a great idea to test out in a new series. Would you be interested in directing it?

Just became a proud member of the gt6 club!! Picked up the anniversary edition from game stop for $25.50! (After a few game trade ins of course lol) cant wait to hit the track!!

DrKronin said

I hear what you're saying, the that would lead to members needed to "know the tune" in order to practice. Sure, it would still be "spec racing" if all the cars had the same tune, but I imagine making sure everyone has access to the chosen tune would be tedious (or at least more so than saying we're racing "that car, with tuning prohibited"). Let me know if you disagree.

But yeah, sounds like a great idea to test out in a new series. Would you be interested in directing it?

We did run a series like this. Someone would tune a car, and then the people on his race team would race them.
I actually like the idea and used to participate in a similar concept in the tuner sub section before I moved in with snail. It's a lot of fun to tune a car and have people race it and give feed back.

BTW, finally getting ready to race. Need to grab my imbiberies and get comfy in my seat.

Just became a proud member of the gt6 club!! Picked up the anniversary edition from game stop for $25.50! (After a few game trade ins of course lol) cant wait to hit the track!!
How long does It take to download the anniversary cars?

From what I'm looking at in the lobby server browser right now, each room host does not have to be friends with everyone in their respective divisions. When you check the Friend's Rooms only box it will show you the servers that have someone in your friends list there, whether they are the host or not. So, I think, if we have a friend "chain" or "pyramid" type of set up for each division, the hosts won't have to carry every division mate and then have to spend much time cleaning their friends list, of members that have moved divisions or become inactive.

Hello i would like to join

Hi muffguff30,

Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, or 3 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Good point about practicing. I didn't think about that. It is something I'd be interested in trying out at some point. Maybe later in the year when things have stabilized (with GT6 and with my life :lol:).

We did run a series like this. Someone would tune a car, and then the people on his race team would race them.
I actually like the idea and used to participate in a similar concept in the tuner sub section before I moved in with snail. It's a lot of fun to tune a car and have people race it and give feed back.

STaTS is a little bit different from what I'm suggesting, because I still mean to say that it would be a spec series. It would just be nice to use some of the cars with a better tune. Specifically, I remember absolutely loving the Zonda R, but it had a really terrible default LSD tune. It was so tail-happy at low speeds that it always got voted off. But Zer0's point about practice is a good one.

Finally picked up my copy of GT6 and downloading the update! I am a little peeved though because GameStop did some wierd stuff. I payed $10 for the pre-order but they still charged me $59.99! :ouch: :grumpy:

I am finding the Career races... underwhelming. The AI is still moronic, and they toss an anchor out the window if they are ahead on the last lap. If the max PP is 500, it is still easy to win at almost 100 pts less. 50 pts less for the player is a huge advantage, even with Comfort Soft and no tuning.

With no livery / painting / graphic customization, no new gravel/snow tracks, an undelivered track creator, and a tightwad economy to promote supersizing Kaz's wallet in 'micro-transaction sized bites' - I am not yet feeling like I got my money's worth yet.

I feel like AI is worse in this game. On the challenge when you're trying to pass the red GTR, if you get in front of him on a straighaway he just gives you the PIT maneuver.

My focus is simply getting online with my fellow SNAILs. It is by far the best thing about GT 5 and will be the same in 6. The fact that we get new physics, cars and tracks is just icing on the cake.

This is what the live timing looks like, in game and in replays.
The driver's names are not the psn id when you are online?
If no triple support with in a week. I'm selling two of the three copies unopened and just do iRacing exclusively.
If you have a spare 15th anniversary edition I'll gladly buy it.(looks like I'm only getting the standard edition :grumpy:).

The driver's names are not the psn id when you are online?
If you have a spare 15th anniversary edition I'll gladly buy it.(only getting the standard edition)

Used both anniversaries.

More crap, ordered two extra from Amazon for my side monitors. They only sent one code and now say the code is per order not per game. I'm pretty sure it's per game. As each pre order has it's rights to the bonus stuff.

Complete screwing going in today.

How did you do that? I've been testing with tcrash and chatva for the past half hour and we can't figure out how you did that. :confused:
No. When the host chooses one make race he has to pick a car from his garage, I think it's the host's garage it comes from anyway, and everybody gets that. No color choices available. While this might be convenient for spec racing concerns, it takes away the capability for all of us to be individuals within the confines of tuning prohibited.
After some testing, it appears that colors are randomly assigned to drivers who enter a One-Make race. While that doesn't allow everone to pick their colors, at least everyone doesn't have to drive the same car as the "car loaner".
While zer0 seems to be on the "warpath" for disabling brake balance along with everything else, I will say, I am not. Sometimes, it's the only way to make a car, if not enjoyable to drive, at least manageable.
Yes, disabling "everything else" is the idea behind spec racing. The goal is to eliminate all variables in the car. The driver behind the wheel should be the only variable. While adjusting brake balance can make the car more manageable, so can things like adjusting ride height, spring rate, and camber. It's all the same thing - tuning.

Just opened up a S.N.A.I.L. test room! Please join if you can: 1472-6681-3759-3051-6837

Just noticed I'm still on the driver's list even though I haven't raced here in ages. I'll be joining y'all again after the first of the year when I start a new job. I'll be extremely rusty since I haven't raced since September :embarrassed:

How did you do that? I've been testing with tcrash and chatva for the past half hour and we can't figure out how you did that. :confused:

I must have had something set up wrong then :confused:

I'm going to be honest with you about the Brake Balance issue, you know my thoughts on it. It'll be the straw that broke Sunday Night Racing's back for me. I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill and could very easily make cars that are very hard to handle to begin with, even harder. The result could be, not pretty.

I could be wrong, but it is my view and in terms of tuning, the difference, speed wise, is negligible.

Not trying to force your hand, just be honest with you. I haven't raced in two weeks anyway and the lights are still on.

Latest Posts

Back