• 147,834 comments
Let night room open.

1472-6118-3658-4757-1339

If you need more racing come join us.

Just remember

1. Race clean and show respect
2. Have fun
3. Repeat 2

380RS race 1 was... well... no point in talking about it...

Race 2 seemed to go OK, but then I went off at the Casio triangle and apparently cut somebody off (I'm sorry about that).

I have 15+ years of experience behind me, but it seems apparent that I have gained no skill in that time...

Whoever it was who recommended me, you may as well say who you are. I won't be a part of S.N.A.I.L., I'm not good enough...

Last edited:
D1 Director's Report:

We had a good night in D1, not many network issues save for some lagging at the end of the night. Lots of close racing that I was no part of. Also, D1 replays uploaded. I didn't check if they work, but I will tomorrow.

So I think I'm in tonight. I was D1 before but due to low practice time and the fact that I'm just not that fast...should I hop in D2 or 3?

When you have time, run the new time trial so you know where to go when you can race. I don't think that anyone was neglecting anyone, but you did post 5 minutes before we start.

Whoops, double post.

Directors Report D5: Great night of racing, had a few connection issues with JJ, but other than that, we had some great moves by TEX, and awesome racecraft by all SNAIL's. New people just learning the ropes!

Division 4 Co-directors Report:

We had a full grid tonight, 14 to start the night. To echo Chatva, there was some fine race craft to be seen tonight. I saw myself door to door to door through more than a few turns. Very exciting albeit not the fastest way around the track but when the competition is as fierce as it was tonight one simply could not take even 1 point for granted. Even though @pyxen had to leave early, he was a winner tonight as he wasn't disconnected once!
Thank you to everyone who raced this evening. Thank you to my Co-director @cmbeal317.

Last edited:
380RS race 1 was... well... no point in talking about it...

Race 2 seemed to go OK, but then I went of at the Casio triangle and apparently cut somebody off (I'm sorry about that).

I have 15+ years of experience behind me, but it seems apparent that I have gained no skill in that time...

Whoever it was who recommended me, you may as well say who you are. I won't be a part of S.N.A.I.L., I'm not good enough...

You should stay and get involved in the practice sessions we run almost daily. We have had D5 drivers progress and end up in D1.

Suzuka-Circuit.jpg

Some nice D5 action.

Tonight was my first night of S.N.A.I.L. Racing. It was without a doubt the Best night of racing I have ever competed in. Every driver is extremely respectful but fast. The way the pack of cars stays together is just insane!! Also I won my fisrt race and another at Suzuka. Thanks to everyone in S.N.A.I.L. especially everyone in Division 5!!!
Pic1_zpsb72744e3.jpg

Pic2_zpsc9e88269.jpg

Last edited:
@Oshawa-Joe I had reached what I thought was my talent limit in GT5, then after I bought a T500RS for GT6, I did gain about a second and I really am trying to find how to be faster, but to no avail. I have experimented with anything that I thought would make faster, and still nothing.

I seem to have actually hit my limit, I probably won't get any faster...

For my 1st snail night very impressed, clean hard racing, but what I liked was everyone was respectful, fast guys took time to pass not bull dose their way threw, little lag in rm but we worked it out, thx for the gd racing div. 2,

I am in a D1 room watching...and never recieved an invite.......

I had entered on time for D3 qualifying but was kicked out!!!!

You were kicked because you didn't answer any of our questions (over voice and in the text box) about who you were and you were not listed on the drivers list we had access to that is linked from the first page.

I do apologize for any misunderstanding.

D2 Co-Directors Report:

We had some clean fast racing, but it was all hiccuped from the start. Several racer could never join due PSN glitches, along with the room crashing midst reloading the home screen after the second race. A few connection issues that happened mid race. But overall it was a good night. Thank you to all who was able to enter and stick around for the bugs.

All votes and scores have been entered.

Request entry as support personnel. Not really interested in driving too much, and with school starting my time will be limited, so I can host rooms and drive a safety car. If I'm not allowed to do that, ill be happy to race.
@hvymtal,
Thanks for your interest! There is always something that needs to he done. We might be able to accommodate you.
We would love to have you in the league, racing and/or providing support. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

@intoflatlines

For future reference, and for anyone else that may have the same issue, if you can't enter your assigned room due to connection issues, it's usually a safer and more considerate bet to try and move up a division instead of down one. I tried to mention that as you were leaving D3 but you got out of the room before I could say it.

Division 6 Race Report

Pretty damn good night. The D6 gang is a really cool group of drivers. Great driving and a lot of positive chatter between themselves. We had 16 in the room the entire night and there were no real issues with lag or connectivity. We lost @goofytyler somewhere along the way but we don't know what caused his disco. I really enjoyed listening to @Pichon617 talk to himself... We did have own own chaos party. We got a late start and there was just a hint of confusion. I am sorry we ran so late. It is rare that we ever go that long. The norm is usually 5 or maybe 10 minutes late at the worst. Most of them had a good grasp on what SNAIL expects. Great job tonight D6 and thank you all for another great night of racing!

I will be curious as to how many drivers we gridded up tonight.... Will it surpass the current record??

@Oshawa-Joe I had reached what I thought was my talent limit in GT5, then after I bought a T500RS for GT6, I did gain about a second and I really am trying to find how to be faster, but to no avail. I have experimented with anything that I thought would make faster, and still nothing.

I seem to have actually hit my limit, I probably won't get any faster...

Ahem, I'd like to come in here now. I'd like to begin by saying that the "hit my limit" part is false. When I first joined I was finishing in the back of the back consistently and thought "Well maybe this is all I can do." This is totally not healthy for your mind and speed. I'm pretty sure some of the guys I ran with in D5 will remember that I was in a real slump for a really long time. I came into Sunday races feeling terrible knowing I wouldn't do so good. I kept playing though because I was determined to get faster. Actually, I was still racing cause it was fun and gave me something to do Sunday nights. By still racing on Sundays I was secretly getting faster unbeknownst to me. ( Big words hurt my brain :ouch: Not even sure I used it right. :lol: ) Now I'm in D4 (for some strange reason but I'm not complaining!) and I am easily way faster than I was before. My point is don't give up just yet from a few races. You'll get better by just racing and asking for help. My advice, keep racing but don't worry about winning. Winning will probably come occasionally at first so just concentrate on learning and have fun. :)

@intoflatlines

For future reference, and for anyone else that may have the same issue, if you can't enter your assigned room due to connection issues, it's usually a safer and more considerate bet to try and move up a division instead of down one. I tried to mention that as you were leaving D3 but you got out of the room before I could say it.
Thanks. I completely understand why going to D3 was not allowed. :cheers:

Thanks to the D2 guys that sent me messages trying to help me get connected. It was just not meant to be. I'm sorry for the delayed start that you guys had.

Back