◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,861 comments
:D

Although, I think you can tell by my avatar I don't actually have a BM version of the Megane Trophy. I actually prefer the livery version.

Update - VOTE FOR New Combo: The Nominees are:

A) Peugeot RCZ '10 (Sport Hard / 207 hp / 414 PP / FF) at Cape Ring Inside

B) Light Car Company Rocket '07 (Sport Soft / 174 hp / 573 PP / MR) at Brands Hatch Gran Prix

C) Renault Sport Megane Trophy Base Model '11 (Racing Hard / 377 hp / 518 PP / MR) at Fuji / F

All drivers who participated Sunday - Please vote ONCE in the SNAIL thread, and only vote when you know your ballot. Once you 'drop it in the ballot box' you're done. No "Chicago voting" will be allowed, no changes, all duplicate entries are disqualified if you submit more than one vote.

Voting is from now (approx 1815 EST on Wednesday) until 1200 EST (aka noon) on Thursday. After that time the winner for the Combo A will be verified.

Good racing, Gentlemen, and any Ladies present.

Thanks for the votes, I have an Excel spreadsheet with all Sunday Drivers and I am listing votes there, no worries about confuserating me more than I normally am.

A few more hours of voting left!

Now, I have my colors and number registered!

EDIT: will post a pic to show y'all.

Last edited:
After Soundtiger95's vote, it is

A: 10 votes
B: 14 votes
C: 10 votes

Now running 34 votes / 82 eligible. About 40% participation is pretty good for a track selection, I think.

The Brands Hatch track wasn't specifically identified - I nearly DQ'd the nomination, but thought having 3 candidates seemed more representative of the wide choices and tastes, so I allowed it. I was assuming the Brands Hatch track above was the longer one? I don't have a PS3 in my classroom and would have a hard time justifying THAT one for a history classroom!

----
@tezgm99 - did you race Sunday? D3, right?

The Brands Hatch track wasn't specifically identified - I nearly DQ'd the nomination, but thought having 3 candidates seemed more representative of the wide choices and tastes, so I allowed it. I was assuming the Brands Hatch track above was the longer one? I don't have a PS3 in my classroom and would have a hard time justifying THAT one for a history classroom!

Brands Hatch Grand Prix is the longer track (Brands Hatch Indy being the shorter version).

After much consideration, I won't quite S.N.A.I.L..

Something tells me that I need to do this.

I still don't understand about the whole nomination thing, I'll jut go with what ever it turns out to be.

"I will race whatever happens" - Kimi Räikkönen

That's the spirit!

C.

I raced in the West Coast room.

The Rocket, while kinda fun in an understeering open wheeled drive by yourself way, will not give you close racing.

The Prophet has spoken.

Btw...Fastfox, you mentioned Brands Hatch Indy having no good passing zones?! Again I do not agree. We raced there Tues in the DTC and had a fantastic pass filled race. Great track...but the Rocket isn't really suited to Sunday night league racing.

Currently:

A: 10 votes
B: 15 votes
C: 13 votes

Please read this page (or the one preceding) if you are unsure of what the voting is.

Pretty please.

I'm a teacher - I find the lack of reading comprehension displayed on a regular basis to be troubling, honestly.

Please, that would be to much like reading....:rolleyes:
Joe, why do you say that? The one time I drove it, it was a great drive. We have surely drove "worse" cars than the rocket.
I feel it is a great drive also, quite manageable. Just need triple screens to get some side mirrors.

It's just my opinion. I drove it a few times one night in a room with some guys and yes, it's a fun car in and of itself. It sounds awesome too. Although it understeers pretty badly at times. But it just didn't promote close racing. I'm looking at it from a league wide perspective. The majority of the racers will likely vote it off. I bet the combo will be like the F1 car choices...loved by few, hated by most.

I love Fuji F btw...anything there is awesome. I have lots of miles in that Renault...the car is challenging...so I would assume it won't last. But the DTC guys know how I love me some French cars (not Citroen). Cape Ring I'm kinda "Eh" either way.

It's just my opinion. I drove it a few times one night in a room with some guys and yes, it's a fun car in and of itself. Although it understeers pretty badly at times. But it just didn't promote close racing. I'm looking at it from a league wide perspective. The majority of the racers will likely vote it off. I bet the combo will be like the F1 car choices...loved by few, hated by most.

I love Fuji F btw...anything there is awesome. I have lots of miles in that Renault...the car is challenging...so I would assume it won't last. But the DTC guys know how I love me some French cars (not Citroen). Cape Ring I'm kinda "Eh" either way.
Did you put the snail spec tires on it. I think that is SS IIRC.

Back