◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,822 comments
Hey DMacs13,

You were moved to the inactive list as we'd not seen you on track. I missed this post by you last week, my apologies. If there's room in D4, there shouldn't be an issue getting you on track. However if the room is full, you'll have to wait for next week, okay?

@cmbeal317 does that sound alright with you?

@JLBowler can you move DMacs13 to Division 4 please? Thanks!

@Oshawa-Joe can you move DMacs13 to Division 4 please? Thanks!

Thanks,

kcheeb

Sounds good to me kcheeb, we'll be sure to accommodate him as space allows. I didn't initially recognize him as being on the list when I responded earlier, but at the rate this thread moves, I thought I might have missed him.

@ExoSphere64 I'm available to help out in d7 if need be. Let me know.

Right on! They may have it under control but maybe having an "O.G." SNAIL present would be helpful. Everyone there is pretty new and some guidance might provide a better race night for all of them. If you are willing, you could hang with them! Thanks @kcheeb!

So, slight chance again of racing tonight. Miracles never cease. I race so infrequently that I really don't have time to run the time trial again.

I would recommend throwing me in D3 or D2. I can buy the cars and throw oil changes on them but I just don't have practice time as usual. So I might be mid pack in D2 or 3.

If 9:30 comes around and I can race, where should I go? (Besides the usual snarky responses, that is).

If you end up making it, run in D2 tonight. Make sure you send a FR to tcrash / @fzappa and @fastfox400.

So, slight chance again of racing tonight. Miracles never cease. I race so infrequently that I really don't have time to run the time trial again.

I would recommend throwing me in D3 or D2. I can buy the cars and throw oil changes on them but I just don't have practice time as usual. So I might be mid pack in D2 or 3.

If 9:30 comes around and I can race, where should I go? (Besides the usual snarky responses, that is).

If you end up making it, run in D2 tonight. Make sure you send a FR to tcrash / @fzappa and @fastfox400.

Hey JoeW,

JLBowler has made an allowance for you to run tonight, my take on your request is this:

We're not really set up as a drop in league, in fact we now require new S.N.A.I.L.s to have their time trials in to us before midnight Eastern Saturday evening before they can race Sunday. It makes it so much easier on everyone involved in getting 80+ drivers on the grid racing.

Not to mention we're running a divisional season points championship that you will affect by dropping in.

Before you can race in the future on Sunday nights, please run the time trial and submit your time so we know where best to place you.

Thanks,

kcheeb

My day got all jacked up and I won't be making it tonight. Planned to practice this afternoon/evening. However the plans for tomorrow got pushed into today. I'm finally bit gotta tie up some stuff with kids before school week. By time that's done. I'm left with about 60 mins and I need about 120-180 minutes of practice. :/

Real Life. Get off my Sundays!!

Can I join? This sounds like something I would be very interested in.
@daddyo845,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7' based off your placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Kcheeb...i am still a snail on the snail list of members. I host another snail event on Tues.

Has everyone in the league re-run their time trial since GT6 started?

I also would like to know how many people run every week? People missing race days is a normal thing. All of a sudden I have found time on The last couple of Sundays to race. If I can race 2 out of 4 nights a month is that not often enough?

If you don't want me racing just say so. I understand.

Otherwise, if I can get my kids in bed in time, and buy the cars, I'll be there.

Kcheeb...i am still a snail on the snail list of members. I host another snail event on Tues.

Has everyone in the league re-run their time trial since GT6 started?

I also would like to know how many people run every week? People missing race days is a normal thing. All of a sudden I have found time on The last couple of Sundays to race. If I can race 2 out of 4 nights a month is that not often enough?

Otherwise, if I can get my kids in bed in time, and buy the cars, I'll be there.

I dont think its about having room at all Joe. I know most of everyone in D2 has done the new time trial. The problem is that we only run in a friends only room. The time it takes to get a friend accepted along with people having trouple finding the room once they leave is extremely difficult.

Thanks for the quick response. I have read the op and I understand how things work. I race in other clean racing clubs so I understand how to race, but I will familiarize myself with the rules. I will follow the steps to registration. I should hopefully make most of the league events and I will try some of the daily events but I won't be able to make them all. Thanks again :D

Actually you're on the Inactive S.N.A.I.L.s list and have been for some time, in fact the last time you raced on a Sunday night was July 20th, 2013. A big reason you were moved to the Inactive list. The heading for the section is:

Inactive S.N.A.I.L.s (have not raced on Sunday recently, contact me if you are interested in racing again)

Has everyone in the league re-run their time trial since GT6 started.

I also would like to know how many people run every week? People missing race days is a normal thing. All of a sudden I have found time on The last couple of Sundays to race. If I can race 2 out of 4 nights a month is that not often enough

The vast majority have run the time trial and the rest run regularly, making them a known quantity. Not everyone runs every week, but most run a number of times a month, not a year.

My original response was to ask you to run the time trial and you'd be welcome to run on the 19th, but I didn't want to contradict @JLBowler. If you run the time trial you can race with us in the future.

Supposedly, the rim bug only affects cars with different sized wheels on the front than the back. Personally, I've been keeping the stock rims unless I see that someone else is running custom rims without problems. I'll let someone else do the experiment :) The Mustang GT500, for example, was fine with custom rims.

So it's up to you. If you think you're running times that are just as good with the custom rims, go ahead and use them. I'm crossing my fingers that PD will fix this soon so I can run my chrome red rims on everything :cool:
I have run purchased and painted rims with no problem entering tuning prohibited races

Attention division directors/hosts and drivers.

If you are a division director and your room fills up, post in the conversation that was started earlier today so I know that your room is full of 16 S.N.A.I.L.s that are supposed to be there.

If you are a driver and you attempt to enter your assigned room before 9:30 EST and can not enter because it is FULL, post here in the main thread so that I know you are trying to enter and the room is full.

I will need confirmation from both the director and the driver that the room is full before I start shuffling anyone to make room. The two drivers that were inactive S.N.A.I.L.s that were placed just hours ago will be the first moves if space is needed.

Thank you in advance. This should help everything run smoothly tonight.

D2 is open. Please do not enter until you see fastfox400 and intoflatlines in the room first, then you can join.

Thank You.

Attention division directors/hosts and drivers.

If you are a division director and your room fills up, post in the conversation that was started earlier today so I know that your room is full of 16 S.N.A.I.L.s that are supposed to be there.

If you are a driver and you attempt to enter your assigned room before 9:30 EST and can not enter because it is FULL, post here in the main thread so that I know you are trying to enter and the room is full.

I will need confirmation from both the director and the driver that the room is full before I start shuffling anyone to make room. The two drivers that were inactive S.N.A.I.L.s that were placed just hours ago will be the first moves if space is needed.

Thank you in advance. This should help everything run smoothly tonight.
Im trying to enter D1 right now but I got kicked out and then it said disconnected from server

Back