a back and forth battle for 2nd
Suzuka Circuit_4.jpg

This is what happens when us noobs enter a corner at the same time
Deep Forest Raceway.jpg

Can't win........Drift it
Deep Forest Raceway_1.jpg

And also car colour blue
Rims black number 88

You will need to wait till you see the official entry message. then you must go thru the color chart to see what color and numbers are already taken before submitting your color and number request. As I know blue/black is taken in every division along with the number 88.

@intoflatlines Rocket tutoring?

Last edited:
Hi,.id like to join, psn: ktrain186
@Kalem,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7' based off your placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

All I know is I'm off to iRacing. No triple support yet.
You quitting again?

And an obscure movie quote seems fitting...

You can't leave! All the plants are gonna die!

Funky...all my replays work now. Update installed with no issues.

Looking forward to SNAIL DTC racing tonight!

Last edited by a moderator:
And also car colour blue
Rims black number 88
Hey Kalem, welcome to the league. To request your color combo, please follow the link to the color selection instructions in the second line of my signature. Be sure to be specific on the title of the color you are using.

Was @fizzer going to input D1 so we could, like.... do results, and winners, start to handle new Combos, etc?

To paraphrase Keyshawn Johnson.... "C'Mon, Man!"

I have a source for the last replay - waiting for it to be sent my way, so I'll be able to finish entering the results soon. The vote tallies are on there, just don't have everyone's individual votes in yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Owens does it lock you down so you can only use cockpit view or do they have the 3rd person option?

When I did the iRacing subscription, it was locked to cockpit view. I will say that, even on a single screen, the cockpit view allowed you to see so much more than you can see in GT. I was able to adapt to that rather quickly. There are also settings that allow you to change the angle of the cockpit view so it can be customized to something you like and can use.

The thing I couldn't get used to in iRacing was the fact that you couldn't really just jump in and race. I found myself always waiting for something to start when I wanted to race. You can hop in and run laps alone whenever you want to or you can wait for a race to start. Generally, they start at the top of the hour if I recall correctly.

I had my D license in both oval and road and would normally be in the top two splits on ovals and usually the second or third split on road courses. The racing was not much cleaner than GT. Ovals consisted of a lot of drivers throwing their car in to a turn underneath you and hoping you would make room (you made room or your safety rating was effected) and road courses consisted of a mad rush for the first few corners with little regard for anyone else on the track.

I tried for six months to enjoy myself and it just wasn't happening. If I want sit around and spend more time waiting than racing, I'll haul my real car down to the dirt track on a Saturday night and at least have a group of guys to hang out with while I wait.

Regular iRacing is quite similar to GT's open lobbies. It's a hit and miss, you can have a fantastic race and then someone just wrecks you in the final corner. To get the most you'd have to either find a decent league or attend races at specific time slots (see forums for 'official' race times for particular series) where people race with each other often and are hence more respectful. Once there are enough SNAILs with a subscription, a league with a similar format should be easy to organize.

That random races on iRacing are better then joining a random room on GT but both contain jack offs. The big diff is you get penalized on iRacing when some choad wrecks you. I've learned to stay clear of people and nearly have my SR to a fast track license level. :) With both you need to seek out a series and group of like minded folks. Luckily I've got fellow racers on there that are helping me get involved with quality leagues.

All of what bowlers says is true though. The cockpit view can be brought in and out and up and down.

Update v1.03

No triple support. Pit stop bug not fixed.

See you guys next update. Maybe

They sure fixed the bug that had a work around but don't fix bugs that ruin racing series. :/ priorities.

Update v1.03

No triple support. Pit stop bug not fixed.

See you guys next update. Maybe

They sure fixed the bug that had a work around but don't fix bugs that ruin racing series. :/ priorities.
At least they are putting out updates. Compared to CM's performance with f1 2013 theyre amazing. They cant even keep forums online and it took months just to add a drs beep when you cross a line then made it so quiet that they recommended turning your engine volume all the way down to hear it. I could go on....and on....and on....

http://www.racelinecentral.com/IROCrules.html

someone With Know how... Help! Look At This For An Idea And Help Me Set This Up For Gt For Fridays... I've Been Thinking And Gettin No Where With It. Thanks
Neat idea! If you don't find much help I'll send some your way a little later. I like the idea of randomly selecting cars for racers. I'll be happy to test some cars, possibly do some tuning too. Did you want to run an "IROC" theme? Maybe musclecars, or something like Grand Am type Mustang and Camaro races? Lots and lots of options. If you do a sign up sheet, we can even use google docs to enter names and cars and have a selection randomly picked for each driver and car. Everything else could run on typical snail rules. I think the biggest thing is to figure out the cars, laps, and tires.

Last edited:
Neat idea! If you don't find much help I'll send some your way a little later. I like the idea of randomly selecting cars for racers. I'll be happy to test some cars, possibly do some tuning too. Did you want to run an "IROC" theme? Maybe musclecars, or something like Grand Am type Mustang and Camaro races? Lots and lots of options.

Iroc Theme Mostly... Do Most Of The Muscle Cars From The 69 Camaro RM Too Some Of The Vipers At The oval track As Well road courses, With Some But Not Much Of Tunning
Cuz It's A Drivers Race, So Tires And Arrow
Set Up I'm Thinking And Set A HP That
Everyone Needs Too Meet As Well As Wight That Needs Too Be Met

That's a fun idea...too bad the PP system isn't good enough to homologize multiple cars for spec racing. Tire widths are a big problem even if you get straight line speed equal.

Iroc Theme Mostly... Do Most Of The Muscle Cars From The 69 Camaro RM Too Some Of The Vipers At The oval track As Well road courses, With Some But Not Much Of Tunning
Cuz It's A Drivers Race, So Tires And Arrow
Set Up I'm Thinking And Set A HP That
Everyone Needs Too Meet As Well As Wight That Needs Too Be Met
Ok, best to test a bunch of cars, maybe a couple of us can pool ourselves together and test different cars, and see what HP and weight restrictions we can set up to bring cars as closely together as possible performance wise. Cause a Viper will probably smoke that Camaro without some restrictions to it.

That's a fun idea...too bad the PP system isn't good enough to homologize multiple cars for spec racing. Tire widths are a big problem even if you get straight line speed equal.
Agreed, but one way this can be done is by testing a number of cars, and adjusting them to turn laps within the same time frame as the slowest car. Keep the cars stock and adjust weight and use the power limiter. Kinda have to use the honor system a little, but most of us have proven to be reliable I'd say.

The whole competition would end up based on the honor system unless you could find a way to equalize cars based on PP, power/weight, and/or tire compounds allowed. Otherwise there will always be that suspicion that someone has a few extra hp.

My PS shut down twice last night as trying to install the update but on the third atempt finally worked. What do you think about that Toyota FT1? It's simply gorgeous!!!!! I love it. Please combo it :)

ps: Are the combos out yet? :D :D :D

Back