◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,840 comments

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 7
Early testing results for lap times with the new combos.

AEM was 2:10 and change so we're looking at five laps there.
Hyundai was 2:07 and some change so we're looking at five laps there as well.

Curious what division your running? I've managed the 2:10 in the s2000, its a quick car. But havent managed to beat 2:08 in the hyundai. Shes just so slow on the straights. You have to take every bit of curb you can in the chicanes to get under 2:09. Turn's 1 n 2 make or break your lap.

Edit: forgot to do oil change :) 2:07 no problem now.

Predicting patience and throttle control will win suzuka, lots of spin outs and angry drivers.
Monza will be like the battle of midway, divebombers everywhere, lots of penalties.

Last edited:
The AEM S2000 is Sport Softs, right, @JLBowler ?

(Thanks - my forum searching isn't where it ought to be, apologies)

OK, we don't constantly bounce off the limiter at Monza. I faintly hope drivers will brake a bit earlier when drafting at 130+ mph and heading towards a hard corner on Sport Medium tires. Experience suggests not, but I guess the thoughtful testing put in my @Jakedog23 will steer us to good and close racing.

I am even less sure about the AEM S2000 drift car in the North American dealerships at Suzuka. At least it isn't on the Comfort Softs it comes with. 👍

I guess it is "an opportunity to excel in potentially adverse conditions, sir!"
I Tested both cars and they are great, yes at Monza you can't drive in deep and expect a good outcome but slow your entry and keep a little throttle while braking will allow faster and smoother corners!
At Suzuka you can brake deep but be beware of baking/accelerating while starting/completing a turn!!, throttle will be, no IS! your control!

Last edited:
Did some quick testing ant 2:08s at monza are easy. they may even be a 2:07 there. I have to find a brake balance that works the best first.

Now i really wish people would test the cars better. Using a drift car to race is not going to promote close racing at all. Its inherit nature is to understeer. With understeer and throttle you get oversteer. Poorly chose combination in my opinion. But 2:08's are doable.

Had fun tonight in the practice room trying out the new combos. Chatva and I had a great battle at Suzuka. Hope to actually make the grid this Sunday. Was all ready to race last Sunday when I got a bunch of phone calls that I had to take. Was bummed to miss it. For what it's worth I saw 2:06s at Monza and 2:07s at Suzuka. The S2000 is a fun car. It's weird but it's actually better on SS than RH or at least for my driving style.

Early testing results for lap times with the new combos.

AEM was 2:10 and change so we're looking at five laps there.
Hyundai was 2:07 and some change so we're looking at five laps there as well.
Lineup updated. 👍

so many people are looking into joining the IROC night? I got the 78 Trans Am, in the 70 Nova all tuned I'll updated you all on the tunes tomorrow. surprisingly the 78 Trans Am is the fastest out of the bunch of cars I picked :lol::cheers:

A 2:05 is definately possible with a good run at Monza. Getting the right angle of attack at the chicanes and generally carrying as much momentum onto the long straights is key. I managed a 2:06.196 but left a little behind on that particular lap.

A 2:05 is definately possible with a good run at Monza. Getting the right angle of attack at the chicanes and generally carrying as much momentum onto the long straights is key. I managed a 2:06.196 but left a little behind on that particular lap.
I saw Tex get a 2:04.9xx at Monza during a race!!! :bowdown:

I saw Tex get a 2:04.9xx at Monza during a race!!! :bowdown:

Thank you, kind Sir, you may arise.
However, it must be confessed that the Boost was left on by the Host. I'm sure that had more to do with it than my Superior abilities ......... which are very questionable at times.

I did some runs this morning and 2:05's are possible at monza. Bested a 2:06.2. Can also hit 2:06's at suzuka. Best of a 2:07.4

Last edited:
Had fun tonight in the practice room trying out the new combos. Chatva and I had a great battle at Suzuka. Hope to actually make the grid this Sunday. Was all ready to race last Sunday when I got a bunch of phone calls that I had to take. Was bummed to miss it. For what it's worth I saw 2:06s at Monza and 2:07s at Suzuka. The S2000 is a fun car. It's weird but it's actually better on SS than RH or at least for my driving style.
Me (of all people) was hitting 2:07s at monza, so I'm encouraged and excited about Sunday night

Thank you, kind Sir, you may arise.
However, it must be confessed that the Boost was left on by the Host. I'm sure that had more to do with it than my Superior abilities ......... which are very questionable at times.
Yes I accidentally had Boost set to Weak for the first race. I was wondering how I was able to keep up with the leaders so easily.

Points Of Interest

monza.png

Autodromo Nazionale Monza was constructed in 1922 in the area around Monza Italy and was first added to the GT series for GT5. The track has used multiple layouts over its long history including a 10km layout that used the current course along with the oval loop. The cars would run parallel to each other down the front straight, one lane on the current track and one lane on the oval loop to the inside of the current track. Track position is at a premium as the best opportunities to make passes are under heavy braking and will cost both drivers time when completing a pass. If possible, it is best to make passes coming out of the tight corners on the long straights.
Track boundaries are always an issue at Monza because the track is so narrow and the turns are so tight in the two chicanes and Ascari. When you combine this with the extra room beyond the rumble strips that is there only for the safety of F1 drivers, you have a possibility for mayhem. Remember that the rumble strip constitutes the edge of the track and you must keep at least two tires on the track at all times. Based on the history of this track in S.N.A.I.L., you can bet that someone will be watching to be sure you stay in the track. Any painted area of the track is off limits as well.

circuit_suzuka.jpg

Suzuka Circuit is a real world course located in Japan. The 18 turns present a challenging layout with quite a few opportunities for overtaking. Turn 1 is a prime spot to pull up alongside and make a pass. The esses that follow require a certain rhythym to get through quickly. Turn 8 and 9 are a high speed section that can be used to set up a move in the hairpin (11). The spoon curve (13,14) is a corner that requires an optimum line to carry speed onto the back straight. Attempting a pass in the spoon will most likely cost you and your opponent quite a bit of time but it can be done. Turn 15 can be taken flat out in some cars or with just a lift off the gas. The triangle at the end of the course is your last chance to make a pass but you must be careful as the course is quite narrow through this section.
Track boundaries are pretty straight forward at Suzuka. Wherever there is a rumble strip or curb, it serves as the edge of the track. In the absence of a rumble strip, a change in the pavement (painted or otherwise) serves as your boundary.

brands_hatch_circuitMap.jpg

Brands Hatch is a circuit new to the Gran Turismo series. When constructed in the 1950’s, the track was originally paved with cinder blocks. It wasn’t long before those were paved over with a tarmac surface. Some of the cinder blocks are still visible upon the exit of turn 2 and turn 4. There is a rumble strip between the tarmac surface and the cinder blocks that designates the edge of the track. Turn one is a tricky corner as the track falls out from under you as you go through the corner. Turn two is a harpin at the top of the hill and can provide a very good pass opportunity. You then head downhill to turn 3. Watch the exit as it’s pretty easy to push wide here. Turn four is key for carrying speed down the straight. Turns 5, 6, and 7 make up a big left hand circle for the most part. Turn 8 is a left hander that leads back into the natural amphitheater that is the setting for the main grandstand and the run back up a hill to turn 9 followed by the front straight.
Remember, it’s always the rumble strips that mark the edge of the track. The area beyond a rumble strip, no matter what it’s paved with, is out of bounds and driving out there is subject to having a penalty issued by the stewards. When there is no rumble strip, always keep two tires on the tarmac racing surface as any change in pavement serves as the edge of the track.

To elaborate on chatva's response. You can't do anything to the car that would prevent it from entering a tuning prohibited room. Removing the wing, adding a wing, adding side panels, adding flat floors, or adding any of the extra parts that some cars have available would prohibit you from entering a tuning prohibited room so they are not allowed. Changing wheels, changing brake balance, and changing torque distribution on cars that have that ability standard is allowed. At least I think the torque balance still goes. It was acceptable in GT5 but I haven't checked it out in GT6.
Hey Bowler, and @zer05ive check this out... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...nly-functional-in-career-arcade-modes.297413/
Seems maybe the brakes aren't an issue. Damn glitches... Or in this case. Good glitches...

Hey Bowler, and @zer05ive check this out... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...nly-functional-in-career-arcade-modes.297413/
Seems maybe the brakes aren't an issue. Damn glitches... Or in this case. Good glitches...

@Rallywagon This isnt a good glitch. As it also effects ABS. Practicing with the Genesis I was able to lock up all 4 tires with a little under 50% brakes applied ABS on 1. With ABS on 10 it locked all 4 wheels up with right @ 50% pedal pressure. As soon as i turned ABS off it took close to 80% pedal pressure before all 4 tires locked up.

There is also a timing glitch with qualifying online. You can qualify first, but it doesnt mean you will start on the pole.

Back