◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,807 comments
Had a great night in d5 if i dont count the fact i been disco from 2 consexutive race.:ouch:. got my first win in d5 in the last race of the night, but winning with the bull does not feel rewarding:boggled:...will do a more rewarding win next time :P

somebody called me a drift sensaï, gotta say i liked the compliment... i got a little something for slide..

d5, where the good people are 👍 :gtpflag:

Luv2coach has been ressurected apparently.
Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here. But I like to beat dead horses. What's the deal with this luv2coach guy? I opened a practice room the other day. He joined. Knew all about snail, had nothing but good things to say about the league, and raced CLEAN and fast. Offered helpful advice, think he was even watching my car at one point to tell me if I was running the chicanes properly or not. Seems like he's got a bad rep here tho.
Stayed the whole time, just seemed happy to be racing with us. He said he was unfortunately no longer a part of snail. Didn't go into detail. Seemed like a good dude tho.

@joe_diben

Guess he didn't mention why? That is indeed unfortunate.

That ship has sailed, I can try to illuminate via PM if you really need it, but... Consider the 'thread drama' of last day or two, amp it up several notches, add some subterfuge/falsehoods/discoveries, and you may be halfway there.

Unfortunate indeed.

@joe_diben

That ship has sailed, I can try to illuminate via PM if you really need it, but... Consider the 'thread drama' of last day or two, amp it up several notches, add some subterfuge/falsehoods/discoveries, and you may be halfway there.

Unfortunate indeed.

Lol i want to know. Pm me too!!!

D3 ran pretty smooth tonight. We got done earlier than usual, even with some DCes, including the main host, but JoeW was there to pick up the room and we rolled on. Not sure what happened to Wolfsatz after his DC but it appears he wasn't able to find the room to come back in:(.

D3 replays are up.

@joe_diben

Unfortunate indeed.
Got it, no need for a pm. Just was curious is all.
The impression I got was he was disappointed that he was no longer in the league.

So for the first time in a long time I got DC'd numerous times tonight. Thank you @wvhellbilly for picking things up. D-7 had some great racing tonight despite the server issues. Pics will be up tomorrow.

Pics from D5 did my best didnt get one race tho

Attachments

• Ascari Full Track_14.jpg
    Ascari Full Track_14.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 6
  • Ascari Full Track_13.jpg
    Ascari Full Track_13.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Ascari Full Track_12.jpg
    Ascari Full Track_12.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Ascari Full Track_11.jpg
    Ascari Full Track_11.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 6
  • Ascari Full Track_10.jpg
    Ascari Full Track_10.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Ascari Full Track_9.jpg
    Ascari Full Track_9.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 6
  • Ascari Full Track_8.jpg
    Ascari Full Track_8.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Ascari Full Track_7.jpg
    Ascari Full Track_7.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Ascari Full Track_6.jpg
    Ascari Full Track_6.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Ascari Full Track_5.jpg
    Ascari Full Track_5.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Ascari Full Track_4.jpg
    Ascari Full Track_4.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Ascari Full Track_3.jpg
    Ascari Full Track_3.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Ascari Full Track_2.jpg
    Ascari Full Track_2.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 7
  • Ascari Full Track_1.jpg
    Ascari Full Track_1.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Ascari Full Track.jpg
    Ascari Full Track.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_6.jpg
    Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_6.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 6
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_5.jpg
    Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_5.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_4.jpg
    Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_4.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 6
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_3.jpg
    Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_3.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_2.jpg
    Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_2.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_1.jpg
    Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_1.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.jpg
    Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Autumn Ring_19.jpg
    Autumn Ring_19.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 6
  • Autumn Ring_18.jpg
    Autumn Ring_18.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Autumn Ring_17.jpg
    Autumn Ring_17.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Autumn Ring_16.jpg
    Autumn Ring_16.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Autumn Ring_15.jpg
    Autumn Ring_15.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Autumn Ring_14.jpg
    Autumn Ring_14.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 6
  • Autumn Ring_13.jpg
    Autumn Ring_13.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Autumn Ring_12.jpg
    Autumn Ring_12.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Autumn Ring_11.jpg
    Autumn Ring_11.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Autumn Ring_10.jpg
    Autumn Ring_10.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Autumn Ring_9.jpg
    Autumn Ring_9.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Autumn Ring_8.jpg
    Autumn Ring_8.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Autumn Ring_7.jpg
    Autumn Ring_7.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Autumn Ring_6.jpg
    Autumn Ring_6.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Autumn Ring_5.jpg
    Autumn Ring_5.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Autumn Ring_4.jpg
    Autumn Ring_4.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Autumn Ring_3.jpg
    Autumn Ring_3.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Autumn Ring_2.jpg
    Autumn Ring_2.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Autumn Ring_1.jpg
    Autumn Ring_1.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Autumn Ring.jpg
    Autumn Ring.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Autumn Ring_2.jpg
    Autumn Ring_2.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Autumn Ring_1.jpg
    Autumn Ring_1.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Autumn Ring.jpg
    Autumn Ring.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 6
WC replays are currently uploading (52% apparently), the night went well....apart from my dismal driving but hey, that's what I get for nowhere near enough practice with these combos :lol:

Fun night of racing in D3. It wasn't exactly a successful night for me in terms of standings (seems to be a trend lately) but I had some really fun and intense battles with @Troggy @racefan78 and others. Data will be completed this evening.

Yes good races in D3! I mad a little confusion with time zones and end up losing the first Ascari race for being late, really good combo!

Yes good races in D3! I mad a little confusion with time zones and end up losing the first Ascari race for being late, really good combo!
I don't think it's a very good combo for racing. It's a lot of fun for time trials but it's kind of a disaster for a race. Then again, I'm not the best driver.

The Ascari race resort requires total concentration as there is a variety of corners, and they are very easy to mess up on.

I don't think there was anyone in D6 who didn't go off at some point. I will admit that I did put a wheel off the chicanes a few times, but I tried to make sure that I didn't gain any advantage.

West Coast Report

It was a bit of a mixed Bag. I was late so held everyone up and I apologize for that. It shows we still need a Host. I think @RevStar-9 said he might be able to help out. If so awesome and it was fun having you back. We also had some new guys (@RinnFah, @vitalik79, @Jose Torres) with us and I hope you had a good time. Unfortunately some of them did not make it the whole night.

Big downsides were that @NDRK1088 was having lag issues and ended up having to bail out. We hope next week is better. @Neovre also did not make it a night which is a real Shame because @GranStand Bill was on fire and giving him a good run.

Bill went on to win the night which is awesome.

Over all I had a good night with a win, a second and two thirds. I had no terrible races and recovered well from the few mistakes I made. The Redbull suited me very well. I think I had a 1:08.6 but will need to check that. My goal all night was to just relax and try not to make mistakes. I think I managed that.

Less good was the 4 "Dust Bunnies" I had to self report in the first race. Luckily my second race was clean. Those chicanes at Ascari suck!

@tezgm99 seemed to be complaining a bit but got a well earned third overall;)

Hopefully next week will be a bit better with no connection issues. The new guys will have a week to settle in and get past the first week nerves. And hopefully we will all finish the entire night. We started with 9 West Coasters which is awesome!

To all the new guys. Please be sure to file an incident report if you feel that someone caused an incident with you. Also if you have any questions or thoughts about last night let me know. Just make sure not to discuss any incidents in the main thread.

Finally @RevStar-9 Stick with that Redbull. It can be a lot of fun. Just remember High Downforce means it works best when going flat out!

Thanks guys

Joby

I personally like the Junior on minimum downforce on RH tires, it just feels better to drive.

I'm on the fence with Ascari. The first race I settled into my qualifying spot and aside from some minor mistakes that brought someone up to my bumper, I pretty much just lapped the track. I made a mistake the 2nd race which didn't allow me to experience much pack racing. Up until that mistake I found it hard to find anywhere to pass since the mistakes drivers were making did not allow me to get up along side them in a spot where the next turn would allow for a pass.

Autumn Ring with the Redbull was pretty much the same deal. Settle into your lap times, stay on track, and wait for others to make mistakes. Reverse grid, stay out of trouble until things get single file, then wait for others to make mistakes. There ended up being two races. Those who stayed on track all 9 laps were guaranteed a decent position, then those 10-15 seconds back who each made a mistake to varying degrees. I placed well, but I didn't have a sense of accomplishment from it.

The Megane at Spa is my kind of racing. Race at the limit and you'll get bit. Race in control close to your opponent's bumper and you'll be rewarded with a draft to make a clean pass. Force a 2-wide situation in the wrong spot, and you and your opponent will be penalized when the rest of the cars catch up and pass you. I could race this combo every night and have a new exciting experience each time.

Well I have to say it's really a bummer when you practice all week and then have to miss Sunday races sry for no notice but I'm gonna make it a point not to miss next week come hell or high water on another note I remember seeing some talk a few pages ago referring to gt7 being released in the next year or so but I just read my newest issue of game informer mag and as of that issue they were talking to a gt7 game developer who says they just missed the boat for a ps4 release and are being challenged to future proof Gt7 and it goes on to say that they are planning a 2040 release date on the ps6 and they are wondering if they are going to be ready for that deadline so if that's the case then we have plenty of time for gt6 to become everything it was promised to be

I'm on the fence with Ascari. The first race I settled into my qualifying spot and aside from some minor mistakes that brought someone up to my bumper, I pretty much just lapped the track. I made a mistake the 2nd race which didn't allow me to experience much pack racing. Up until that mistake I found it hard to find anywhere to pass since the mistakes drivers were making did not allow me to get up along side them in a spot where the next turn would allow for a pass.

Autumn Ring with the Redbull was pretty much the same deal. Settle into your lap times, stay on track, and wait for others to make mistakes. Reverse grid, stay out of trouble until things get single file, then wait for others to make mistakes. There ended up being two races. Those who stayed on track all 9 laps were guaranteed a decent position, then those 10-15 seconds back who each made a mistake to varying degrees. I placed well, but I didn't have a sense of accomplishment from it.

The Megane at Spa is my kind of racing. Race at the limit and you'll get bit. Race in control close to your opponent's bumper and you'll be rewarded with a draft to make a clean pass. Force a 2-wide situation in the wrong spot, and you and your opponent will be penalized when the rest of the cars catch up and pass you. I could race this combo every night and have a new exciting experience each time.
Good summaries. For both Ascari and Autumn Ring/RB, it seemed like the only passing opportunities were when people made a big mistake. I went off roading a lot of times in Ascari and was just generally very slow there so people had no issues getting past me, but for the few corners that I was battling someone, it seemed impossible to take the corners with any other way than single file.

Then with the X2014 Junior, I was a rolling roadblock for 3-4 much faster drivers for like 7 laps. They were several seconds per lap faster than me on open track, but they were unable to cleanly pass until I made a serious mistake.

Spa/Trophy is a great combo. I feel like people are getting more comfortable with the combo which is leading to MUCH closer racing than when it was first introduced.

Well my first Sunday night with triple screens for GT6 was really fun! :D Ascari was scenic, with large boulders piled next to the track and a nice mountain as the back drop. Spa is so beautiful I could race there every Sunday. Autumn ring looks nice with the triples but the redbull made me nauseous:ill:.
Nice pictures Floyd:tup: and nice racing. Nice to see some new guys sticking round and getting into the SNAIL spirit.

The fact that passing is difficult, if not almost impossible, when the driver in front of you doesn't make a mistake, is how it ought to be and a testament to one of the main goals of this league, and proof that Promotion and Relegation work to meet that goal.

I would rather follow someone around the entire race, and if neither of us makes even the smallest mistake, finish behind them and know we both drove our best. This is not to say, after pressuring someone and they make that little squiggle or miss a corner entry, that slows them just enough for me to get a better run to the next corner, and for that moment, I did it better and was rewarded with a higher finishing position, is not equally as satisfying as the former.

Mistake free driving is an impossibility. Even the winners of every race made a mistake somewhere on the track. It just happens it didn't cost them as much as other's mistakes.

I would rather follow someone around the entire race, and if neither of us makes even the smallest mistake, finish behind them and know we both drove our best.

I'd rather finish ahead of someone knowing that I beat them, and it never hurts to try to go for the overtake. :mischievous:

(But back out of it before it's to late if the move can't happen, before you hit somebody.)

I really like the Ascari race (even though I had other opinions before it). Made it feel more like a race instead of a mad dash with people constantly diving into corners. Autumn Ring to me didn't suit the RB. Jr. at all which has far too much grip and acceleration for such a small track imo. Spa to me was a good combo but I can't get a feel for the car, some corners it understeers under braking, others it oversteers. Same goes for under acceleration, maybe I should just practice more :dunce:.

Back