◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,840 comments
This is good to hear.
I did my first race yesterday in D6 and was pretty disgusted, started wondering if I was placed in the right division. Had little flashes of good pace, but couldn't sustain it.
If more people feel like this, maybe there's a chance!

By the way, thank you for everyone in D6 for a great night of racing yesterday.
I think I managed to run clean, if I screwed anyone up, please let me know; I know racecraft can always be improved.
A big part of it is practice. There are some guys that can be pretty fast without much/any practice, but for me and many others, practice is hugely important with being competitive. Earlier this year I would spend a good amount of time practicing, and the results showed. The past couple months I have practiced, at most, on a Thursday night room, and sometimes no practice at all. And the results definitely show! :)

My PS3 is crashing after update 1.06. Couldn't race yesterday because of that.
Actually I asked @JLBowler to keep me at the active driver's last week and he was kind enough to do so but couldn't make it again. And for the last time.
Thanks a lot for your patience @JLBowler.
Until PD fix GT6 I will stay around, racing on SNAIL weekday events (Nascar i.e.), if you let me, but won't race on sundays probably.

Another thing to keep in mind is there are some combos that seem to just click with some people and no matter how hard you try/they try you just can't catch up or they can't catch you. I guess it like forms of racing in real life. Some drivers love a certain track and no matter what the competition does they can't be caught. You just gotta keep working and hope you find what works. Just don't get discouraged and enjoy the Sunday night events. No matter where you finish, it beats racing the AI all the time.

My PS3 is crashing after update 1.06. Couldn't race yesterday because of that.
Actually I asked @JLBowler to keep me at the active driver's last week and he was kind enough to do so but couldn't make it again. And for the last time.
Thanks a lot for your patience @JLBowler.
Until PD fix GT6 I will stay around, racing on SNAIL weekday events (Nascar i.e.), if you let me, but won't race on sundays probably.

how is it a problem on Sundays but not in the middle of the week? :confused:

Looks like I'll have to wait until after school to find out who (Unofficially) took the win in D2, something to look forward to I suppose! :P

Another thing to keep in mind is there are some combos that seem to just click with some people and no matter how hard you try/they try you just can't catch up or they can't catch you. I guess it like forms of racing in real life. Some drivers love a certain track and no matter what the competition does they can't be caught. You just gotta keep working and hope you find what works. Just don't get discouraged and enjoy the Sunday night events. No matter where you finish, it beats racing the AI all the time.
Completely agree! I totally did not click at Silverstone last night. Even the corners I knew from our previous races on the short track didn't help me in that Lambo. However, don't give up. Find a pace you can run for the entire race and stick to it. Don't experiment during the race when you see someone do something faster than you. Chances are you'll pick up a few spots when others battle each other or make mistakes. Those 10ths the drivers have on you mean nothing if they can't use the whole track.

Well bad news my labtop went down and I can't do the scorekeeping. So take me off for the scorekeeper this sucks. Can some one from d4 do it
@FloydC3 : I meant I'd take over for next week. The scores still need to be entered from last night. Email them to me and I'll enter them for you. I'm PM you my email.

I'll be on vacation from now until next week Tuesday. Odds are, I won't be on GTP much, so I may not hear from you guys in a while. Thanks for another good night on Sunday!

Thanks for the vote of confidence man, and to @joe_diben too for convincing me to stay in D7. I'll have to work super hard. At least I try to keep out of the way when everyone overtakes me :P

Best advice man, is just to keep fighting to keep up and before you know it you'll gain the speed. In higher divisions speed doesn't come over night, just learn the ins and outs of the tracks, study them each corner if nescessary and figure out your weak points and improve them. What I do open a lobby by yourself set it as time trial and go nuts, run lap after lap trying to figurr how to shave time throughout corners and such. And don't use just one line, use multiple lines but intertwine them together ex. straights to hairpins
to exiting. Its all a vital role.

Hi i would like to join

GTPlanet ID: is Intro
PSN ID: Introculo
@Intro,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I'm surprised this has been mentioned here yet. GT Academy 2014 has been announced for "North" America. Starting April 21st!

I woke up and fired up GTP first thing this morning and I was all

awyeah.jpg

It would have been nice if we had a little more participation in this event, but we'll start with this and see if we can do better next time around.

The entry period is closed. Thank you to those that participated. Below are the prize eligible entrants:

1. @martin20az ------- 1:45.802
2. @hooker4 ---------- 1:47.304
3. @aliengamer25 ----- 1:47.386
4. @Neovre ----------- 1:48.190
5. @KTR5 ------------- 1:48.632
6. @rmd2k1 ----------- 1:48.899
7. @Mirado_7 --------- 1:49.848
8. @goofytyler ------- 1:50.513

The results of the contest are in and @goofytyler is the winner. @GumballCGT had a best lap time of 1:51.083. @goofytyler will be awarded 10 $hells. I'm also awarding @martin20az 5 $hells for being the fastest. Thanks to @hooker4 @aliengamer25 @Neovre @rmd2k1 and @Mirado_7 for taking part!

Every member should read this post. If you don't go right to the middle of the page, the post # is 50,856. This post explains how friend requests should be handled by hosts and drivers and when they should be taken care of. All lobbies on Sunday night should be running as "Friends Only." Doing this keeps the random people from joining the room and causing any issues that random people may cause.

Every member should read this post. If you don't go right to the middle of the page, the post # is 50,856. This post explains how friend requests should be handled by hosts and drivers and when they should be taken care of. All lobbies on Sunday night should be running as "Friends Only." Doing this keeps the random people from joining the room and causing any issues that random people may cause.
Since I started hosting D4, I've used a public room and the only connection issues we've had was the blowup of the GT servers a while back. I feel that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". It works very well and if everyone from d4 is ok with randoms coming in, can I keep it public?

Since I started hosting D4, I've used a public room and the only connection issues we've had was the blowup of the GT servers a while back. I feel that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". It works very well and if everyone from d4 is ok with randoms coming in, can I keep it public?

All rooms should be set up the same way. As someone noted yesterday, since a few rooms were set up 'friends only' and some others were set up via public lobbys; it gives the impression of not being uniform across the board.

It is broken, randoms can bring a whole stable room down.

@JLBowler / @zer05ive
I was also going to comment on practice rooms etiquette. Some of us, may have very limited time to get behind the wheel and practice, but sometimes practice rooms with the 'SnailRacing.Org' banner do not follow any format whatsoever.

Sometimes it seems they are set up for just hot lapping, instead of actually hosting races. I propose that if you open a room with the SnailRacing.Org title, that we always follow the Sunday Format (No of Laps, reserve grid, etc). Sometimes they also don't get announced on the thread.

thoughts?

Last edited:
All rooms should be set up the same way. As someone noted yesterday, since a few rooms were set up 'friends only' and some others were set up via public lobbys; it gives the impression of not being uniform across the board.

@JLBowler / @zer05ive
I was also going to comment on practice rooms etiquette. Some of us, may have very limited time to get behind the wheel and practice, but sometimes practice rooms with the 'SnailRacing.Org' banner do not follow any format whatsoever.

Sometimes it seems they are set up for just hot lapping, instead of actually hosting races. I propose that if you open a room with the SnailRacing.Org title, that we always follow the Sunday Format (No of Laps, reserve grid, etc).

thoughts?
To be honest, I think sticking to snail rules all the time is a bit strict. I think drivers should be able to practice how they feel is best. Just my 2cents

@JLBowler / @zer05ive

Sometimes it seems they are set up for just hot lapping, instead of actually hosting races. I propose that if you open a room with the SnailRacing.Org title, that we always follow the Sunday Format (No of Laps, reserve grid, etc).

thoughts?

What Wolfsatz said. One random player with a horrible connection can ruin the race for everyone else if they happen to join during the countdown and get onto the track and that's just if they happen to have a bad connection and no malicious intent. We are a large, well known group, and that has the potential to make us a target for someone looking to ruin someone else's race night.

As for the practice rooms using the SnailRacing.org. I think as long as they are running the combos for the current week with the proper track and weather/time settings, the format they are using doesn't really matter. Hot lapping is a form of practice. The Thursday night practice should stick to the Sunday night script though in the official rooms. You shouldn't have the room titled SnailRacing.org and be doing something completely off the wall

Last edited:
To be honest, I think sticking to snail rules all the time is a bit strict. I think drivers should be able to practice how they feel is best. Just my 2cents

so we should be able to open up tuning? ran 2 laps instead of 11, skip reverse grid, ran some night time races? hold races every 30 minutes, etc? Then why do you feel the need of using the 'SnailRacing.Org' title?

Hey @K1utch. Thanks for your help this last week. It is great that you got a mic now! Your help on Apricot Hill made a difference for me. Each Sunday night in the official races it's kind of like I learn some little lessons and, at least for now, it seems like I learn one big lesson.

This week I learned to not over push a car in a race. In the first race on Apricot I wasn't doing too well, my times were low compared to what I did in practice, and I seemed to be losing ground, rather than gaining on any other drivers. I thought to myself, boy, these guys have really practiced, they are doing great, but why so much better than me, I practiced a lot too. All the pieces were in place. I basically knew the track, I had found the best gears to be in on sections, I had maximized the esses, I had discovered how to not lose momentum on the sweeper before the downhill to the hairpin and even gain a couple of miles per hour, I had even found how to get more speed through the 1st turn and more speed coming out of the last chicane onto the front straight. And I was still doing all of these things while losing ground.

Then I remembered all the different ways you had expressed the basic concept of letting things happen rather than trying to make things happen (my own paraphrase, and also, not meant to be applied in a absolute way). I sincerely am not writing this next line to bring glory to myself, but to illustrate what a huge difference these approaches can make. This was my only win of the night anyway. And, also, maybe this difference in approaches is more pronounced with the Abarth because it needs so badly to not lose momentum. Anyway, in the second race, starting in midpack, still using the same pieces above, just by relaxing, I was able to move up in the pack to the first place position. This was a dramatic difference to me. It was amazing the difference it made when I relaxed during a race and did not over push myself or the car. Thank you for priming me for this breakthrough lesson @K1utch. I hope this can possibly help others as well to beat me in the future by relaxing more than me ;).

P.S. When are you starting your camp, and what will be the basic schedule? I want to plan my schedule as much as possible around camp schedule.

Thanks for the great, clean racing in D6. I felt that I saw top division level race craft in our races. You guys are very impressive and I am glad I can be a part.

Last edited:
@JLBowler / @zer05ive

Sometimes it seems they are set up for just hot lapping, instead of actually hosting races. I propose that if you open a room with the SnailRacing.Org title, that we always follow the Sunday Format (No of Laps, reserve grid, etc). Sometimes they also don't get announced on the thread.

thoughts?
Assuming you're asking for thoughts by the rest of us, I think that the snailracing.org title should be used with practice rooms such as hot lapping, or anything with the current combos. I hosted my "snailracing.org practice room" with usually hot laps followed by a slowest-first grid start (no qualifier). I think it's fun and great practice.

But for non-combo rooms, that could go both ways. One could argue that since the combos are not being practiced, it should not be a snailracing.org room. On the other hand, one could argue that if the room is being run with the SNAIL mindset and values (i.e., close racing, proper racecraft, etc.) then why not have snailracing.org in the title to draw attention to the league?

But then what about if some of us want to get together to race some old SNAIL combos? Or test for future combos? etc. Should we not be allowed to title it "snailracing.org...."?

edit: side note, @GumballCGT just gave SNAIL a nice plug on his facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NickMcMillen.Racing/posts/277532512408721

Back