◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,755 comments
So, I'll probably be home in three hours.. would anyone be up for a lobby?

EDIT: I believe I got tree'd yet again! :lol:

I am having the same issue with the car. Same exact numbers.
Can someone in an official capacity take a look at this?

On occasion, with some cars, IF YOU EVEN LOOK AT THE ADJUSTMENTS then GT-6 views the car as having been tuned/adjusted. Happened recently, but my Memory isn't speaking to me today. (snippy little twit)

On occasion, with some cars, IF YOU EVEN LOOK AT THE ADJUSTMENTS then GT-6 views the car as having been tuned/adjusted. Happened recently, but my Memory isn't speaking to me today. (snippy little twit)
That's the reason why I have seven redbull juniors in my garage that I will never use.

@Doodle is close to running the magical 1:02.xxx, unbelievable! Hope you get to compete next year dude, you've always been on-top of the time sheets!

Some advice for some of the lower division guys struggling to break 1:03.

Turn 1: lift off before the white line at the end of pit row, make sure you're wide left before the turn I try to aim to be moving left before the the start finish line if you follow the dark marks on the road you should be on the ideal line. slowly tap your brakes to bring it down to around 70-72 mph flick your car carefully to clip the right hand apex get on the throttle early. Aim for an exit speed between 77-80 for the uphill, this will give you the most momentum coming I to turn two.

Turn 2: brake at the shadow on the road slow the car down to around 40-44 mph lift off through out the corner to use the massive lift off over steer this car has and clip the apex, get back on the throttle gradually straightening out and trying to ride the rumble strip on the left upon exit.

Turn 3: this one is a doosey! Try to position your car as far right as you can aim to touch the rumble strip and then tap the brakes and flick your car to the left maintaining 57-60 mph through the turn, you'll run wide but that's ok because of the exit runoff area which is pretty wide, make sure that as soon as you flick the car and have the nose pointed in the right direction you get in the throttle to maintain your momentum, exit speed should be 60 and increasing if you nail it.

Turn 4-5-6: a tricky S section that requires almost no braking if done correctly, clip the 1st left hand apex, avoid the right hander. Move your car as far left as comfortable for you, and flick the to the right try to aim for the apex and maintain 52-54 mph through the turn. I find myself modulating the throttle in order to minimize understeer. Exit speed should be 57-60.

I'm hitting 85mph by the start/finish line.

I'm not the fastest driver here, but I thought I would provide some info for what worked for me to get into the 1:03s!

Good luck everyone.

Thanks very much @VrapPlus. Exactly where are you braking in turn 3, and if you brake in turn 4-5-6, where are you braking.

In turn 3 is it before the rumble strip, or just before the flick, maybe half the way up the rumble strip, or someplace different.

In turn 4-5-6, I have been trying braking just at my turn in point to turn 6, just after the track transitions to going uphill and you have to begin turning for the apex in turn 6.

Also, I don't quite get the modulate the throttle to minimize understeer in this last section. I have noticed that when I brake in turn 5 and let off, just as you said you use the massive oversteer in turn 2 by lifting off the brake gradually, it really helps the car come around to get to apex in turn 6, How are you modulating the throttle to minimize understeer when you need the oversteer here? Or did you mean understeer in turn 2? Thanks.

Thanks very much @VrapPlus. Exactly where are you braking in turn 3, and if you brake in turn 4-5-6, where are you braking.

In turn 3 is it before the rumble strip, or just before the flick, maybe half the way up the rumble strip, or someplace different.

In turn 4-5-6, I have been trying braking just at my turn in point to turn 6, just after the track transitions to going uphill and you have to begin turning for the apex in turn 6.

Also, I don't quite get the modulate the throttle to minimize understeer in this last section. I have noticed that when I brake in turn 5 and let off, just as you said you use the massive oversteer in turn 2 by lifting off the brake gradually, it really helps the car come around to get to apex in turn 6, How are you modulating the throttle to minimize understeer when you need the oversteer here? Or did you mean understeer in turn 2? Thanks.

Just to throw my 2 cents in here. For turns 4-5-6, I don't brake at all and from watching a few other replays, the fastest drivers aren't either. I'm lifting at the double cone prior to turn 6, then back on the gas when I get the car pointed at the apex cone.

Turn 3 I'm still trying to get faster, but with @Severn's tips, I'm much better at turn 1.

Likewise, I will be busy this summer with the International Division 5 Race Series each weekend - Plus the International Kart Series held each Tuesday night. Maintaining, Overhauls, Transporting and Sponsor Appearances will take a lot of my time. But will be faithful to my SNAIL Bros as much as possible. :lol:
Enjoy your races, guys ...... I'm just green with envy.:P
Tex shoots and scores the rebuttal points.

Friends only practice room for Sunday combos, no I'd number for some reason. But if you on my friends list join in. Or send me a request.

Friends only practice room for Sunday combos, no I'd number for some reason. But if you on my friends list join in. Or send me a request.

Could you send me a FR alien? I'm currently at work and I would like to join the lobby later when I'm at home.

Only people that are on your friends list at time of room creation will be allowed to join... people that send requests after your room is made will only be able to see your room, they won't be able to join though. Unless GT6 changed something.

Like we talked about in the room earlier, modulating the throttle refers to being gentle with it. Changing your throttle input while maintaining acceleration with this car helps mitigate understeer like on most FWD cars, the cause of this understeer is that the driving and directional wheels are both the same, so when you enter a corner you place all the weight load on the opposite FRONT tire to the direction of the turn once you apply the accelerator the weight is shifted to the REAR, but the lateral force pushes it once again in the opposite direction of the turn. The best way to counter act this is to modulate your throttle causing the weight to be shifted off that wheel with initial acceleration will lighten the load, but reduces the grip as well as places a lateral load back on that wheel. If you lift off the throttle slightly you can force that lateral push to the REAR axle opposite to the turn, causing what if called lift off oversteer. Basically making the rear wheels slide just enough for you to be able to reposition the nose of the car in the directions you want to go.

If you're confused in any way I'll try to explain better.

Like we talked about in the room earlier, modulating the throttle refers to being gentle with it. Changing your throttle input while maintaining acceleration with this car helps mitigate understeer like on most FWD cars, the cause of this understeer is that the driving and directional wheels are both the same, so when you enter a corner you place all the weight load on the opposite FRONT tire to the direction of the turn once you apply the accelerator the weight is shifted to the REAR, but the lateral force pushes it once again in the opposite direction of the turn. The best way to counter act this is to modulate your throttle causing the weight to be shifted off that wheel with initial acceleration will lighten the load, but reduces the grip as well as places a lateral load back on that wheel. If you lift off the throttle slightly you can force that lateral push to the REAR axle opposite to the turn, causing what if called lift off oversteer. Basically making the rear wheels slide just enough for you to be able to reposition the nose of the car in the directions you want to go.

I must say, that is an excellent explanation. Kudos.

Just to throw my 2 cents in here. For turns 4-5-6, I don't brake at all and from watching a few other replays, the fastest drivers aren't either. I'm lifting at the double cone prior to turn 6, then back on the gas when I get the car pointed at the apex cone.

Turn 3 I'm still trying to get faster, but with @Severn's tips, I'm much better at turn 1.

Sorry for not knowing how to do something basic, I know how to watch my own fast lap replays that I save, and can then choose from, but how would I be able to watch a few other replays from other drivers? Thanks @KTR5. Nice time.

Wow, very good @VrapPlus !

In your opinion, some have said brake at the final corner (turn 5), and some say they don't, can you get a couple of extra .10s by using the brake here (slow in, fast out?); and/or by settling the car a little more and thus possibly be able to get on the throttle a little earlier going through turn 6 (where you then modulate it a little off full throttle)?

Last edited:
Only people that are on your friends list at time of room creation will be allowed to join... people that send requests after your room is made will only be able to see your room, they won't be able to join though. Unless GT6 changed something.

I did not know that hmm now I know thank you

Sorry for not knowing how to do something basic, I know how to watch my own fast lap replays that I save, and can then choose from, but how would I be able to watch a few other replays from other drivers? Thanks @KTR5. Nice time.

If you go to the Global Rankings, it will default to showing you where you rank. If you press the "select" button, it will move to the top of the rankings. The replay is available for the top 10 drivers. Press "X" on their name and it will give you a few options, one of which is to save the replay.

It's also helpful to load your best replay along with one from someone who is faster than you into the data logger and you can compare throttle, brake, speed, gear (not too helpful in this one) and some other data as well.

Like we talked about in the room earlier, modulating the throttle refers to being gentle with it. Changing your throttle input while maintaining acceleration with this car helps mitigate under-steer like on most FWD cars, the cause of this under-steer is that the driving and directional wheels are both the same, so when you enter a corner you place all the weight load on the opposite FRONT tire to the direction of the turn once you apply the accelerator the weight is shifted to the REAR, but the lateral force pushes it once again in the opposite direction of the turn. The best way to counter act this is to modulate your throttle causing the weight to be shifted off that wheel with initial acceleration will lighten the load, but reduces the grip as well as places a lateral load back on that wheel. If you lift off the throttle slightly you can force that lateral push to the REAR axle opposite to the turn, causing what if called lift off over-steer. Basically making the rear wheels slide just enough for you to be able to re position the nose of the car in the directions you want to go.

i'll quote myself and go ahead and explain this better.

You got several concepts when it comes to driving, and driving theory. the most common ones are over-steer, under-steer, brake and throttle control. i'll explain each one further.

Over-steer: Over-steer is related to the tendency of the car's rear end to want to come around and over take the front, over-steer is mostly experienced in cars whose power train controls the rear axle. Front engine rear wheel drive, rear engine real wheel drive and mid-engine rear wheel drive cars show the most pronounced signs of over steer of any other type of drive train, some front engine front wheel drive and 4 wheel drive cars can experience over-steer, but it is not an pronounced as the other ones.
-Causes: The reason cars over steer is simple, it has to do with weight balance, and the way that balance affects cornering. Lets take a 50/50 weight distribution front engine rear wheel drive car, stationary both front and rear axles hold equal share of the car's weight. Now under acceleration that weight is transferred to the the rear axle causing an unbalance to the weight distribution, lets say going front a stand still to full throttle causes a 50/50 car to suddenly become 55/45, it stays in this position until the initial force of the acceleration fades and is settled back to its original 50/50, since the car is driven by the rear axle it causes the rear tires to increase in grip while providing power to push the car forward, at the same time the front grip is reduced because the weight has shifted off the front axle. Like a teeter totter on steroids; Over-steer happens because of three things having to do with this weight distribution.
*Brake in over-steer is caused when all that weight is shifted to the front axle, the front tires are now grippier than the front due to the weight shifting to 45/55 the rear tires struggle for grip and lose traction, causing the car to pivot on the front tires, now add lateral loads and that determines the direction of the pivoting, a left hand turn puts most of the weight on the right front tires, thus causing the car to pivot left so on and so forth.
* acceleration over-steer happens quite simply because the opposite of brake in is occurring, now you've shifted the weight to the rear by accelerating during a turn, the lateral force comes into play once again your weight is now 55/45 while performing a left hand turn, the front tires and now less grippier then the rear, and because you're applying power the grip level of the rear tires is overcome by the drive-train causing them to break lose and basically swing around the less grippier front tires, thus now you're the only one facing the wrong direction in the track.
* Lift off over-steer, is when you're doing neither accelerating nor braking during a turn and the car's rear end still intends to brake lose. On MR cars this is highly pronounce because of the rear biased weight distribution, take the weight transfer of a 60-40 balanced MR car, from what is explained so far, under braking the weight will shift to the front, but because the balance is so offset the weight transferred to the front sometimes is too much front the front axle to handle causing the pivoting motion because the whole weight of the rear axle is now sitting mostly on 1 tire, under acceleration the weight transfer to the rear becomes even more pronounced causing the grip swing to be higher. thus you always have that "the car is trying to kill me" feeling while driving MR's some good suspension tuning driving techniques (slow in fast out) are key to taming these beasts. Some F/F cars can simulate this with some skilled modulation of the throttle under acceleration as well as some 4WD cars as I explained above, but they don't suffer from the constant threat of death that MR and RR cars do.

continued on another post..

Wow, very good @VrapPlus !

In your opinion, some have said brake at the final corner (turn 5), and some say they don't, can you get a couple of extra .10s by using the brake here (slow in, fast out?); and/or by settling the car a little more and thus possibly be able to get on the throttle a little earlier going through turn 6 (where you then modulate it a little off full throttle)?

I find it better to brake the car settle it, initiate my turn and accelerate through the apex, I was clipping 54mph through that turn earlier remember.

Last edited:
Non-SNAIL related question. Have any of you used a driving experience with The Motorsport Lab? They have a deal on local.amazon for 3 or 6 autocross laps in either a Gallardo or Modeno 360 for $99 or $199, respectively. This particular offer is at Ralph Wilson Stadium (home of the Buffalo Bills), but they have other offers in the Northeast/east area.

I figure for $200, you can't really go wrong to get some seat time in a Lambo. What do you think?
Did you ever get a response? After seeing your post I searched Local and found two offers near(ish) me. One is the same thing you posted but at Richmond Int'l; the other is a "supercar" experience at Summit Point raceway, which has right turns too (is Richmond only an oval?). I'm very tempted but would very much like some feedback before committing.

Did you ever get a response? After seeing your post I searched Local and found two offers near(ish) me. One is the same thing you posted but at Richmond Int'l; the other is a "supercar" experience at Summit Point raceway, which has right turns too (is Richmond only an oval?). I'm very tempted but would very much like some feedback before committing.

I didn't, but after reading all the conditions, I decided against it. As an example, if you go past 6500 RPM, it's an automatic $1000 charge to your credit card. Pass 8k? An additional $1500 charge. Given that, it just wasn't worth the risk. The redline in a Gallardo is 8500, so it seemed a bit ridiculous to me.

If you go to the Global Rankings, it will default to showing you where you rank. If you press the "select" button, it will move to the top of the rankings. The replay is available for the top 10 drivers. Press "X" on their name and it will give you a few options, one of which is to save the replay.

It's also helpful to load your best replay along with one from someone who is faster than you into the data logger and you can compare throttle, brake, speed, gear (not too helpful in this one) and some other data as well.

THANKS! @KTR5

Sorry to add to the mess of things but I just watched "Bullitt" for about the 1,000,000 time and that 1968 Dodge Charger never gets old. Reminds me of when my grandpa and I went around town in our own '68 Charger.

Holy fk, some people are posting the new and old testament here!!! Did anyone read last VrapPlus's post all the way to the end??? No wonder I pass a couple of hours without checking the thread and when I come back it moved 7/8 pages!!!
This communication era, huh...

Back